ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   iPhone5S and iPhone5C (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/985059-iphone5s-and-iphone5c.html)

Boro 10 September 2013 08:17 PM

iPhone5S and iPhone5C

So, just announced. Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed the screen size is still the same but s'pose it's expected as the S model. A7 chip is about the only thing worth shouting about. Not that it even needs it.

Fingerprint scanner is a gimmick.

chrispy200+ 10 September 2013 09:50 PM

They need to do something to rekindle the brand, sure loads of people will buy them but there is only so long they can rely on the reputation and following they have

Just my opinion of course, had iPhones up until the 5 came out then switched to android phones and now just ordered the xperia z1

Matteeboy 10 September 2013 10:02 PM

Well I'm relieved; I don't need to upgrade my 5!

Big-G 10 September 2013 10:48 PM

http://blog.inner-active.com/wp-cont...09/iSheep.jpegBaaaaa, baaaaaa.

jonc 10 September 2013 11:07 PM

It's that time of year again...

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/wp-conte...applestore.gif

RA Dunk 10 September 2013 11:12 PM

It's quite sad that as soon as a thread concerning Apple appears the usual trolls fcuk it up with the usual crap.

bioforger 10 September 2013 11:18 PM

Accurate crap though.

ScoobyWon't 10 September 2013 11:27 PM

The Apple love-in is in full flow in Computer-related. No need to post about it in NSR.

dpb 10 September 2013 11:39 PM

Yeah, frankly its slightly obscene

chopperman 11 September 2013 12:17 AM

Finger print scanner ummm, should have called it the iphone 1984.

dpb 11 September 2013 04:51 AM

The 5 "China". , for 469 quid. :lol:

neil-h 11 September 2013 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11205789)
Accurate crap though.

What about all the people who religiously buy the latest android device?

ScoobyDoo555 11 September 2013 07:07 PM

you can't say that - it only applies to Apple people :D
Double standards etc etc

ALi-B 11 September 2013 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Boro (Post 11205518)

Fingerprint scanner is a gimmick.

If it works reliably, quickly and doesn't break. I thinks its far better than what I have to currently put with;

I'm forever forgetting my App store password, and the keypad lock is a pain in the arse sometimes.

I would like to see a mini iPhone though. Bigger isn't always better.

< Still searching for a perfect phone for me regardless of who makes it :( >

stevebt 11 September 2013 07:33 PM

I have a finger print scanner on my laptop but I have never enabled it as its just another thing to feck up.

ScoobyDoo555 11 September 2013 07:37 PM

Well, I've contact most of the providers, and they're all saying the same thing: can't get price/upgrade detail until 20th September.

Waiting game then (again).

And it's not a sure thing that I'll get one.

bioforger 11 September 2013 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11206502)
What about all the people who religiously buy the latest android device?

They are also mugs. In fact anyone who pays over £300 for a "phone" is a lunatic imo.

P1Fanatic 12 September 2013 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11206559)
If it works reliably, quickly and doesn't break. I thinks its far better than what I have to currently put with;

I'm forever forgetting my App store password, and the keypad lock is a pain in the arse sometimes.

I would like to see a mini iPhone though. Bigger isn't always better.

< Still searching for a perfect phone for me regardless of who makes it :( >

Yes the lock screen pin protect is a tad annoying so a finger recogonition unlock would hopefully improve that.

I see that iCloud is going to offer a key chain function to store your passwords and automatically enter them. Not that I would be one for storing passwords with financial details / buying options on such a tool. But for forums etc that would be handy. I never understood why the app store needs your password when downloading a free app.

P1Fanatic 12 September 2013 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11206702)
They are also mugs. In fact anyone who pays over £300 for a "phone" is a lunatic imo.

Some would say the same about anyone spending lots of money on a car. Each to their own I say.

P1Fanatic 13 September 2013 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555 (Post 11206576)
Well, I've contact most of the providers, and they're all saying the same thing: can't get price/upgrade detail until 20th September.

Waiting game then (again).

And it's not a sure thing that I'll get one.

Really dont understand the handset prices. £549 for a 5s 16gb and £469 for a 5c 16gb. Who would not pay the £80 extra to get the s? I cant see the c version holdings its 2nd hand value so anything you save up front would be lost long term anyway.

ScoobyDoo555 13 September 2013 02:34 PM

Agreed. The 5C makes no sense to me. Aside from the fact that it's vile! :D

Markus 14 September 2013 09:08 AM

One thing to remember about the prices is that they are for unlocked devices, which don't have the, sometimes substantial, subsidies that the carriers provide. Not everyone will go for an unlocked device, as they could simply upgrade from their existing device and not wish to get out of an existing contract. When you look at this way, it does make a bit more sense

The C is also meant to be for emerging markets, and on contract it could well appeal.

Not sure if we're going to get a C at work, as it's pretty similar to the 5, if we do I'll check it against a 5S to see what it is like, as we will be getting an S or two due to the 64-bit nature of it.

I will be upgrading my 3GS for a 5S. why not a C? well, as you can tell, I don't upgrade that often, and so I'll get the highest spec model I can at the time. There is some hesitation as I know a 6 will appear next year, but I can hold off until the 7S or 8 is out for the next phone upgrade :D

dpb 14 September 2013 09:15 AM

Do people in emerging markets generally go for contract?

Not as far as I know

What they trying to do is pushing they're margins with a lot of marketing and the notion that you don't require a separate camera