ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   i want a dump valve.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/984783-i-want-a-dump-valve.html)

joshnosh 07 September 2013 05:56 PM

.....but I can't have one because it will ruin my car.
This is my first turbo car and I want to be able to here as much Turbo noise and recirc noise as possible. I might turn it down latter but for now I'm going to be a child!

Any ideas? Can I get a louder recirc or something? Modified air in take? Im already going to delete the snorkus.

Cheers josh

tubbytommy 07 September 2013 05:57 PM

here we go again.
i predict 12 pages

joshnosh 07 September 2013 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11202412)
here we go again.
i predict 12 pages

Yeah yeah yeah I've read them all befor. I don't give a **** what you think

SAM-UK300 07 September 2013 06:06 PM

:facepalm:

The Sheep Worrier 07 September 2013 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by joshnosh (Post 11202413)

Lmfao you tell him mate!

I have a turbosmart adjustable on mine,(works fine) which is mapped in on my Simtek ecu,and bought off Lee (catalunya 172) a few years ago, if it was good enough for hos 450+ classic its good enough for me. Im still 27 so rekon i can get a few more years before i get old and go off the sound.

Theyre a marmite thing for Sure, if it contributes to blowing my car up like a lot of people will have you believe i dont know, but david at api didnt grumble when he was working on the car.

Horses for courses i say, do some research, call spme tuners and make your own mind up.

Rob :-)

alcazar 07 September 2013 06:11 PM

Then what is the point of asking for advice?

tubbytommy 07 September 2013 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11202428)
Then what is the point of asking for advice?

+1

tubbytommy 07 September 2013 06:16 PM

Also these threads are so old you will notice i didnt offer advice anyway.
There is no point newbs know it all.

The Sheep Worrier 07 September 2013 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11202433)
Also these threads are so old you will notice i didnt offer advice anyway.
There is no point newbs know it all.

Why bother wasting your time posting on the subject then?

joshnosh 07 September 2013 06:47 PM

I asked for advice and advice would be helpful. Criticism and sarcasum are not helpful. I care what other people think but there are a few people on this forum iv already learnt to Ignore which is a shame as I've only been on here a short while.

joshnosh 07 September 2013 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Robbie Hawks (Post 11202422)

Lmfao you tell him mate!

I have a turbosmart adjustable on mine,(works fine) which is mapped in on my Simtek ecu,and bought off Lee (catalunya 172) a few years ago, if it was good enough for hos 450+ classic its good enough for me. Im still 27 so rekon i can get a few more years before i get old and go off the sound.

Theyre a marmite thing for Sure, if it contributes to blowing my car up like a lot of people will have you believe i dont know, but david at api didnt grumble when he was working on the car.

Horses for courses i say, do some research, call spme tuners and make your own mind up.

Rob :-)

So is this an VTA valve then?

DTVHSR 07 September 2013 07:26 PM

It's usually not worth messing with the standard air box if it's a newage you have it causes more problems than it's worth. Deleting the Snorkus may cause problems with the air flow entering through the maf apparently, too much turbulent flow and the ECU can't deal with the fluctuations making the car run badly, remap would get rid of that problem.

If you want to run a dump valve without the car running like a bad of crap you will need a remap. (Classics can run a dump valve without a remap as far as I am aware without much of an issue)

Short ram intake, Turbosmart VTA & a fully decatted exhaust will all help with pure noise.

Just my 2 cents.

The Sheep Worrier 07 September 2013 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by DTVHSR (Post 11202502)
It's usually not worth messing with the standard air box if it's a newage you have it causes more problems than it's worth. Deleting the Snorkus may cause problems with the air flow entering through the maf apparently, too much turbulent flow and the ECU can't deal with the fluctuations making the car run badly, remap would get rid of that problem.

If you want to run a dump valve without the car running like a bad of crap you will need a remap. (Classics can run a dump valve without a remap as far as I am aware without much of an issue)

Short ram intake, Turbosmart VTA & a fully decatted exhaust will all help with pure noise.

Just my 2 cents.

I get a lot of chatter aswell due to me fitting an FMIC (also mapped in) which i quite like the sound of.

The Sheep Worrier 07 September 2013 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by joshnosh (Post 11202495)
So is this an VTA valve then?

Yes josh.

joshnosh 07 September 2013 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by DTVHSR (Post 11202502)

Just my 2 cents.

Well I won't be running a vta and a maf.
The cars a 04 wrx.
That'd a fair point actually as the snorkus works as a big plenum chamber. An air stabiliser might reattach the turbulent air.

Iv seen something on a website where a guy investigates air flows and pressure difrances. He mention that on the my car the snorkus can be used as a second air intake. Will have to look into it more.

I'm happy with the current recerc setup. I just want a little noise!

DTVHSR 07 September 2013 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by joshnosh (Post 11202540)
Well I won't be running a vta and a maf.
The cars a 04 wrx.
That'd a fair point actually as the snorkus works as a big plenum chamber. An air stabiliser might reattach the turbulent air.

Iv seen something on a website where a guy investigates air flows and pressure difrances. He mention that on the my car the snorkus can be used as a second air intake. Will have to look into it more.

I'm happy with the current recerc setup. I just want a little noise!

A hard pipe kit usually gives a little more noise with a re-circ setup, wasn't mentioned in regards too an impreza tho :/

Good luck with it, hope you get the sounds/outcome your looking for! :)

Cpt Jack Sparrow 07 September 2013 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by joshnosh (Post 11202540)
I just want a little noise!

You just need one of these then...:thumb:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saber-edv-...item2313ecb0a8

DTVHSR 07 September 2013 08:33 PM

£140!!! Christ I'll sit in the car and make that noise for that haha!

53 07 September 2013 08:36 PM

i want a dump valve....
... what you need is acid dipping :thumb:

Cpt Jack Sparrow 07 September 2013 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by 53 (Post 11202573)

:lol: Harsh

scoobyboy1 07 September 2013 08:49 PM

Got a Baileys Re-circ valve for £35 quid posted, Pm me if your interested!!!:thumb: Sounds awesome with a cone filter get lots of induction noise!!:cool:

The Sheep Worrier 07 September 2013 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by 53 (Post 11202573)

Owww Stu you nasty toad! ;-)

53 07 September 2013 09:13 PM

Cruel to be kind :D

johned 07 September 2013 09:18 PM

If you don`t give a **** why ask?.

The Sheep Worrier 07 September 2013 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by johned (Post 11202628)
If you don`t give a **** why ask?.

In the hope that he'd get some sensible reply's for once?

53 07 September 2013 10:36 PM

VTA or a DV delete is the only option on a FMIC car so you're ok Rob ;)

Putting a VTA/DV on a car to increase induction noise is just ghey IMHO :) It's just really shyte compromising a cars optimum performance for the sake of a turbo blowjob :)

A faster flowing panel filter will help but I wouldn't remove the Snorkel. If you plan on getting it mapped a DV delete will probably give you what you want. You won't damage the TD04 as the turbo and boost you run won't present any issues :)

alcazar 07 September 2013 10:56 PM

Not the only option at all.
Mine runs a Forge recirc valve.

Joshnosh: you get more noise from a recirc valve if you go with an induction kit, BUT they can knacker your maf.

joshnosh 07 September 2013 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11202589)
Got a Baileys Re-circ valve for £35 quid posted, Pm me if your interested!!!:thumb: Sounds awesome with a cone filter get lots of induction noise!!:cool:

If it makes more noise then I'll defo have it off you one I'm paid.

tubbytommy 07 September 2013 11:07 PM

Just open the window and shout psssssssst everytime you change gear.

paypal me the money on payday

53 07 September 2013 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11202729)
Not the only option at all.
Mine runs a Forge recirc valve.

Joshnosh: you get more noise from a recirc valve if you go with an induction kit, BUT they can knacker your maf.

What boost are you running ? Forge wouldn't guarantee my Forge recirc above OEM boost so not really an option at 1.4 bar :) Forge disclaimer that it's not designed to be run at higher than standard boost. Therefore in terms of FMIC I can only relay manufacturers recommendations for the Forge Recirc :) Leaving you the option of a VTA or a DV delete :)