ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   New STi Owner - My First Subaru (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/984756-new-sti-owner-my-first-subaru.html)

JayUK91 07 September 2013 11:22 AM

New STi Owner - My First Subaru

5 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

My name's Jay, I'm 22 and I've been the proud owner of a 2003 Impreza STi PPP for about a month now. It's in amazing condition with FSH, 58k miles and I purchased it with a set of Genuine gold Prodrive PFF7's, which I'll be fitting after the winter.

This is my first Subaru, coming from a modified '97 Toyota MR2 N/A (summer car) and an Audi A4 Quattro (winter tank) - and it's like an awesome combination of the best features of both. I absolutely love it.

Aside from the MR2, a blobeye Impreza has been my dream car since I was a kiddy - and now that the insurance costs are finally pretty good I decided to go for it! I now have the Scooby as my year-round daily drive, and the MR2 is sitting in the garage as I can't bring myself to sell it (I keep telling myself it's an appreciating asset).

The Scooby was previously owned by a member on here, so it may look familiar? I guess they all look similar anyway...

Attachment 74541

Attachment 74542

Attachment 74543

I'm still not completely sold on the choice of the previous owner's WRC rear wing, but it is growing on me (and certainly makes an impression!)

And to finish off, some pics of my previous steeds:

Attachment 74544

Attachment 74545

Cheers :thumb:

G4rfo 07 September 2013 11:25 AM

looks nice m8 :)

not a fan of that rear spoiler though but hey each to there own :)

LuckyWelshchap 07 September 2013 11:28 AM

Hello Jay matey.

Always nice to welcome a convert to the community :)

And one with sense:

a) bought a Subaru;
b) bought it from someone on here, so you know it's been looked after;
c) pre-empted the usual demand to put piccies up.

Nice looking car (the scooby that it.......... :lol1:)

Tip - don't include a DV or stickers in any mods you want to do :D
(Use the search facility - you'll see what I mean).

:thumb:

JayUK91 07 September 2013 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap (Post 11202099)
Hello Jay matey.

Tip - don't include a DV or stickers in any mods you want to do :D
(Use the search facility - you'll see what I mean).

:thumb:

Haha, take a look at my join date - I'm all too aware of what to do and what not to do in the presence of Scoobynet :lol1:

53 07 September 2013 11:43 AM

Very nice Scoob fella :luxhello: ..... until the last pic of Bucky Larsons front set :(

You going to keep the Pigeon Loft ? :) Because it would look superb put back to standard :)

stonejedi 07 September 2013 12:09 PM

Nice.SJ.

JayUK91 07 September 2013 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by 53 (Post 11202104)
Very nice Scoob fella :luxhello: ..... until the last pic of Bucky Larsons front set :(

You going to keep the Pigeon Loft ? :) Because it would look superb put back to standard :)

Plan is to put it back to standard mate. I either need to find somebody willing to swap the spoiler and bootlid for an STi wing (it's been bonded to the bootlid) or hold out and shell out for one when I've got the funds.

I'm just enjoying driving it at the moment though, aesthetics can wait for now :thumb:

Worlasshasansti 07 September 2013 12:10 PM

Looks like a very well cared for mr2!

That wing looks massive!!

Mick

Worlasshasansti 07 September 2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by JayUK91 (Post 11202122)
Plan is to put it back to standard mate. I either need to find somebody willing to swap the spoiler and bootlid for an STi wing (it's been bonded to the bootlid) or hold out and shell out for one when I've got the funds.

I'm just enjoying driving it at the moment though, aesthetics can wait for now :thumb:

I'm sure the wrc wings are almost a grand from rcm??? I'm sure you'll find someone willing to buy it in some sort of part exchange deal :thumb:

JayUK91 07 September 2013 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Worlasshasansti (Post 11202123)
Looks like a very well cared for mr2!

Cheers, it's been my pride and joy since I bought it in 2009. Tastefully modified from stock and a fantastic car to be driving around in as a teenager :D

Like I said, I have no use in keeping it - but I just can't bare to let it go :p

Originally Posted by Worlasshasansti (Post 11202124)
I'm sure the wrc wings are almost a grand from rcm??? I'm sure you'll find someone willing to buy it in some sort of part exchange deal :thumb:

That's the plan, it's a quality wing and they're worth a tidy sum so I'd definitely need some cash my way too. I haven't tried advertising it yet, but it's on the cards.

MeisterR 07 September 2013 01:10 PM

I don't know... I quite like big wing... But then I am bias. :D
It does feel the car want a wider body... :)

Very tidy looking cars, especially the SW20 as there aren't many tidy one about anymore.

Jerrick

tubbytommy 07 September 2013 01:39 PM

Sh1t the bed that spoilers awful..is it one of those ikea billy bookcases on its side?

the rest of the car looks nice though.

*matthewturb2000* 07 September 2013 01:45 PM

lol yea he could make a nice custom dvd holder from it

stu turbo 98 07 September 2013 04:49 PM

He must be single ,otherwise it would be filled with shoes!+1 for a nice car otherwise.

blackpoolrock 07 September 2013 05:06 PM

Another point to think about and it's most important and will stand you in good stead for the future

Above all

Pay NO attention to tubbytommy

tubbytommy 07 September 2013 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by blackpoolrock (Post 11202347)
Another point to think about and it's most important and will stand you in good stead for the future

Above all

Pay NO attention to tubbytommy

ooh john thats nasty

blackpoolrock 07 September 2013 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11202350)
ooh john thats nasty

Bahahahabah

But to be fair he has got a point about the spoiler ! Lol

phila78 07 September 2013 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by JayUK91 (Post 11202122)

Ill swop you mate, I have an original STI spoiler and boot lid (still on car) in perfect condition. Car has 36,000 on clock so you know the condition will be spot on.

PM me if you are interested.