ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Type-r 2.1 6MT on ebay (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/983325-type-r-2-1-6mt-on-ebay.html)

Malakaih 21 August 2013 02:41 PM

Type-r 2.1 6MT on ebay

Hi Guys!
Found this modified Type-R on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2712580766...84.m1423.l2649

At the first glance it seems like a perfect spec. But I just can't get all the information about engine built and about the car in general from the owner.
Since I'm not from UK it's quite difficult for me to see the car before bidding on it..
So I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or comments!

alphaj12 21 August 2013 02:44 PM

He likes to show the passenger side of the car but not the driver side for some reason

Turbo Tone 21 August 2013 02:50 PM

It looks like a lot of the receipts are from Enginetuner so may be worth speaking to them about the spec as the add is very vague.

Also is there a cap missing of the expansion bottle on the under bonnet picture. (Left hand side behind the cone filter??)

type-rob 21 August 2013 03:06 PM

Everybody is selling the nicest xxxx in the UK.

I would be wary buying a car I cannot go and see pal

Malakaih 21 August 2013 03:37 PM

Thanks for some feedback!

Sure, it's a risk. I will need to fly and collect the car either way and then I will get a chance to see it :)

Not sure about the driver side, but I personally don't exactly like the alignment of the front (bonnet-right headlight vs bonnet-left headlight for example, also the left blinker seems to be barely hanging in there :) )

I'm still hoping to get some more information from the owner. He claims he's got two pages spec of the engine, listing all the parts used for the build.

Alan Jeffery 21 August 2013 04:56 PM

We do know the car, or rather did. When you do as many as we do this question comes up often. I can say that the money has been spent on it, but I've no idea what condition it is in now. The original owner sold it some time ago.
Bearing in mind that any car is only a collection of parts, you certainly couldn't buy all that for that amount of money.

4evernewbie 21 August 2013 05:00 PM

For such a "high spec" car you'd have thought he'd list the spec!
As for the price, that's a very similar spec to mine and I spent a LOT less than 25k to get to where I am. I know 9k went on the engine, where did the rest go? Gearbox -£2500, ECU £800, Wheels and brakes £2000 MAX.
I'd go over those reciepts with a very fine toothed comb :Suspiciou
Paul

The Trooper 1815 21 August 2013 05:28 PM

Fluid or oil splash on the engine bay picture?

MattyB1983 21 August 2013 06:14 PM

9 grand for a 2.1 build ???

LuckyWelshchap 21 August 2013 06:56 PM

The FMIC's got a few fins dented/damaged.
Surely you'd put a protective grill over it?

Also, what's the bits in German, underneath the rear number plate?

And, is 'Bonnet bulge' the term for a modified scoop when it's got a camera in it?

One thing I'll say about threads like this - if the car passes our tests it'll be a good 'un. :D

wrx9181 21 August 2013 08:27 PM

Yeah the cap off the coolant and splashed fluid all over the engine bay on what looks like a beautiful summers day?
Doesn't give the best impression

donny andi 21 August 2013 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by wrx9181 (Post 11185888)
Yeah the cap off the coolant and splashed fluid all over the engine bay on what looks like a beautiful summers day?
Doesn't give the best impression

It's been jet washed if you stretch the pic out :)
Looks a bonny car tbh :confused:

v7sti 21 August 2013 08:59 PM

Love the sneaky pic of the Ferrari in the background.....looks a nice motor tbh..

scubbay 21 August 2013 09:04 PM

Has the most unusual intercooler piping. For a car with a reversed manifold I think it's even longer than usual. Kinda defies the logic in reversing the inlet

johnlogie 21 August 2013 11:53 PM

I've spent way more than that and i"ve got a bucket a ****e thats worth 2 bob haha
15k anyone? lol

Malakaih 28 August 2013 09:35 AM

Once again, thanks for all your help. Sadly the owner didn't decide to answer my questions and provide some - in my opinion - basic details. So I gave up on the car and it probably got sold.. :(

LuckyWelshchap 28 August 2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Malakaih (Post 11192027)
Once again, thanks for all your help. Sadly the owner didn't decide to answer my questions and provide some - in my opinion - basic details. So I gave up on the car and it probably got sold.. :(

I think that says it all.
Possibly realised that he was dealing with someone who knew a bit about them (or has read this thread).

Good luck hunting one, hope it's a better prospect next time :thumb: