ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Apple share price up again (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/982769-apple-share-price-up-again.html)

Tidgy 15 August 2013 08:14 AM

Apple share price up again

So apples share price has rebounded about 20% back up towards 500.

From what i can tell its nothing to do with new products etc, its to do with some large buyer deciding the share price is undervalued and buying a load of em.

Talk about creating a false blip share price :o

JackClark 15 August 2013 09:17 AM

He's right. It's less than a month before the most successful product launch Apple has seen yet.

dpb 15 August 2013 09:33 AM

Rampers eh, good time to buy - lots of suckers out there. :D

And get shot shortly before deadline

JackClark 15 August 2013 09:51 AM

The good time to buy was when I said you should of bought a month ago. You know, the time when Andyroid, you and the other disciples were laughing about the drop in price.

neil-h 15 August 2013 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11179466)
He's right. It's less than a month before the most successful product launch Apple has seen yet.

I like your optimism :lol1:

jonc 15 August 2013 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11179480)
Rampers eh, good time to buy - lots of suckers out there. :D

And get shot shortly before deadline

Yep, rise based on a tweet from a major venture capitalist and private equity firm. They've done well out of it that's for sure!

JackClark 15 August 2013 11:59 AM

Of course it was the tweet that did it not the 1.5 billion he invested.

Tidgy 15 August 2013 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11179466)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

your faith in apple is that of a zealot lol

JackClark 15 August 2013 01:31 PM

OK Tidgy, in a month you'll brush that comment under the carpet when - as ever - I'm right.

Tidgy 15 August 2013 01:34 PM

they may well go up when its released, its how it performs after thats key, a year ago they were at over 800, so there 35% down still anyway.

Rob_Impreza99 15 August 2013 01:37 PM

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...e?pageNumber=1

"This is absolute trouble," said Patrick Moorhead of Moor Insights & Strategy. "There's not one single positive thing [Apple] can take away from his interest, no matter how much you search."

JackClark 15 August 2013 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11179668)
they may well go up when its released, its how it performs after thats key, a year ago they were at over 800, so there 35% down still anyway.

Buy, buy, buy.

Tidgy 15 August 2013 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11179795)
Buy, buy, buy.

hindsight is a wonderus thing, personaly i think its a risky bet for long term growth

neil-h 15 August 2013 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11179665)
OK Tidgy, in a month you'll brush that comment under the carpet when - as ever - I'm right.

Will it really be that sucessful though? Maybe financially yes but the question is will the IPhone 6 (or what ever they call it) be the smart phone Apple need it to be? Personally i'm not sure.

jonc 15 August 2013 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11179795)
Buy, buy, buy.

I think this is what Icahn wants, to prop up his position. I wouldn't get to comfortable, Icahn has a well earned reputation as a corporate raider and asset stripper. I don't think he has any interest in Apple other than to make a "quick buck". Time will tell.

JackClark 15 August 2013 04:40 PM

They don't need it to be anything but better than the last one, iPhone and iOS. There are millions of people like me who are waiting for the launch of a new device to upgrade to and even more waiting to press the update button and have their old devices learn new tricks. Both the phone and operating system will be hugely successful, I guarantee that.

JackClark 15 August 2013 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 11179846)
I think this is what Icahn wants, to prop up his position. I wouldn't get to comfortable, Icahn has a well earned reputation as a corporate raider and asset stripper. I don't think he has any interest in Apple other than to make a "quick buck". Time will tell.

He's going to have trouble asset stripping Apple, his share holding is only a small percentage and if he's there for a quick buck, which he's very good at doing, shouldn't you be making one with him?

jonc 15 August 2013 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11179852)
He's going to have trouble asset stripping Apple, his share holding is only a small percentage and if he's there for a quick buck, which he's very good at doing, shouldn't you be making one with him?

Agree, not to asset strip but to prop up his position. Wouldn't surprise me if bought in a while ago at a higher price and needed to do something to get the stock moving upwards again, buy on rumour, sell on facts.

neil-h 15 August 2013 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11179850)
They don't need it to be anything but better than the last one, iPhone and iOS. There are millions of people like me who are waiting for the launch of a new device to upgrade to and even more waiting to press the update button and have their old devices learn new tricks. Both the phone and operating system will be hugely successful, I guarantee that.

That's just sad :lol1: For me personally the next iPhone has to be a significant step forward otherwise I'll be moving to the dark side.

RA Dunk 15 August 2013 07:19 PM

Was in our local Apple shop the other day, place was out of the door with customers..

JackClark 15 August 2013 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11179988)
That's just sad :lol1: For me personally the next iPhone has to be a significant step forward otherwise I'll be moving to the dark side.

Have fun in the cess pit.

neil-h 15 August 2013 07:25 PM

Well what's the point in upgrading to the latest Apple phone if it's not really an upgrade (I.e the iPhone 5)?

JackClark 15 August 2013 09:20 PM

It all depends on your idea of significant. You must think there's a phone out there that's significantly better than Apple's offerings. What is it?

Ant 15 August 2013 09:33 PM

The jump from s3 to s4 wasn't massive

neil-h 15 August 2013 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11180143)
It all depends on your idea of significant. You must think there's a phone out there that's significantly better than Apple's offerings. What is it?

Having not used any of the competition I couldn't say definitively but the Galaxy S4 seems to be in with a shout, the HTC one also makes for an interesting prospect.

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 11180168)
The jump from s3 to s4 wasn't massive

And the jump from the 4S to the 5 was tiny.

dpb 15 August 2013 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11180008)
Well what's the point in upgrading to the latest Apple phone if it's not really an upgrade (I.e the iPhone 5)?

The point is , the whole point , you're propping up the brand :thumb:

CREWJ 15 August 2013 09:45 PM

Will be interesting to see where they go from here.

JackClark 15 August 2013 09:50 PM

I'm not expecting anything other than, faster, smaller, bigger, longer. A barometer would be awesome.

neil-h 15 August 2013 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by CREWJ (Post 11180190)
Will be interesting to see where they go from here.

This^^^ Thing is with out Jobs at the helm it could be a spectacular disappointment.

jonc 15 August 2013 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11180198)
I'm not expecting anything other than, faster, smaller, bigger, longer. A barometer would be awesome.

As already seen in the S4. Question is will the next iPhone be good enough for you to give up your awesome 4S? I reckon you'll get an extra column of icon space to go with last year's extra row.