ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Mafless remap and over run. Need it taking off. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/982745-mafless-remap-and-over-run-need-it-taking-off.html)

daz_vx220 14 August 2013 09:41 PM

Mafless remap and over run. Need it taking off.

Bought a 54 plate impreza sti which has recently had a mafless remap. The previous owner asked the mapper to put over-run on the map which I need taking off. It certainly makes lots of noise/bangs etc but its just not for me, makes the car judder on a steady run. Rang the mapper who is very well known on the impreza scene but he is now down south and I'm in Doncaster. He says anyone can take the over-run off who does mafless maps. Does anyone know someone who can do this a bit nearer to Yorkshire. Daz

James N 14 August 2013 09:55 PM

Not exactly on your doorstep, but scoobyclinic did a MAFless map on mine recently.
Might be a bit nearer?

Maz 14 August 2013 10:16 PM

Andy Carr. I just had mine done by him, mafless remap. Google Teamcarr.net

dynamix 15 August 2013 06:37 PM

i am often up in doncaster and can take that off for you mate :thumb:

daz_vx220 15 August 2013 07:47 PM

That would be magic mate. I've emailed a few mappers today and had quite different replies. One very well known company (no names) say you can't run a maffles remap on original ecu without problems, the others don't mention this. I don't actually mind the noise the over-run creates its just the judder at steady speed. Anymore info would be great

LDNSTi 15 August 2013 07:59 PM

Duncan is your man!!!!! His knowledge, the way he works, the respect for your car, everything is spot on!!!! He's a great guy too. Easy to talk to and you know you are getting a quality product. He mapped my 04 sti last Monday. And advised me on a fault I didn't know I had. A neutral position sensor. I actually want him to "up the pops and bangs" on mine a bit more.

daz_vx220 16 August 2013 08:11 PM

I've sent you an email Duncan.

BoozyDave 16 August 2013 10:30 PM

Dunc is great, he's mapped mine 4 times (after different mods, swapping fuel etc), always done a spot on job.

recently i had running issues and one company put it one the rolling road and said it was a map based fault, i met Dunc at a local rolling road (GR performance, swinton) and the actual fault was found. it was caused by a mechanic when changing the seals on my injectors :mad::(

it was mapped on 95ron and it made 305bhp, i had swapped to 99 ron and after a map tweek it made 330bhp (i only wanted 325bhp, so i know theres more if i want it)

:thumb:

dynamix 22 August 2013 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by daz_vx220 (Post 11180038)
That would be magic mate. I've emailed a few mappers today and had quite different replies. One very well known company (no names) say you can't run a maffles remap on original ecu without problems, the others don't mention this. I don't actually mind the noise the over-run creates its just the judder at steady speed. Anymore info would be great

I don't think I have seen the email - can you resend it ?