ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   favorite tool in your tool box (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/981727-favorite-tool-in-your-tool-box.html)

chopperman 03 August 2013 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Oldun (Post 11167820)
I do miss my Scooby though, that really was a full time hobby.

Plenty of toolbox use then :)

Hard to argue with that. My 1/4 mac socket set has been put to good use these past couple of days with scoob ownership. Hence the thread :lol1::thumb:

Turbohot 03 August 2013 01:31 PM

My favourite tool in my toolbox is a bent knife. Handy for odd jobs e.g. unscrewing torch and to unflip the back of my TV remote control.

Mr. T for Turbohot and T for Tool is a proud owner of a wide range of Snap Ons, but his favourite tool used to be the double sided tape. I remember when our hoover broke in 1996. He couldn't be bothered putting it together properly with his tools, and taped it together with his shortcut medium i.e. double-sided tape. If a pan handle broke, he'd fix it for me with his stupid double-sided tape instead of putting handle back with something as simple as my bent knife and a few screws. It still makes me laugh when I think about it. :D

chopperman 03 August 2013 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11167874)
My favourite tool in my toolbox is a bent knife. Handy for odd jobs e.g. unscrewing torch and to unflip the back of my TV remote control.

Mr. T for Turbohot and T for Tool is a proud owner of a wide range of Snap Ons, but his favourite tool used to be the double sided tape. I remember when our hoover broke in 1996. He couldn't be bothered putting it together properly with his tools, and taped it together with his shortcut medium i.e. double-sided tape. If a pan handle broke, he'd fix it for me with his stupid double-sided tape instead of putting handle back with something as simple as my bent knife and a few screws. It still makes me laugh when I think about it. :D

Using double sided tape is just daft. Duct tape or rip ties are the way of the future :lol1:

Turbohot 03 August 2013 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by chopperman (Post 11167876)
Using double sided tape is just daft. Duct tape or rip ties are the way of the future :lol1:

Oh right. Just as well I picked some duct tape from Aldi the other day. My daughter dear on Uni break has already threatened me with that. Since I've heard that James Blunt song "You're Beautiful" on Scoobynet, I can't bleddy stop singing it- it's so bleddy catchy, man.:( I'm cleaning my injured cat's cage, I'm singing it. I'm making tea for us, I'm singing it. Ms. Turbohot Junior has warned me that if I don't stop, she's gonna seal my mouth with that Aldi duct tape. Grrrrrr. :mad: :cry:

ditchmyster 03 August 2013 02:18 PM

[QUOTE=chopperman;11167460]If you had to bolt and could take only one tool from your tool box what would it be ?

This beauty, NSFW.

http://www.shopinprivate.com/xtreme-...r-sex-toy.html

:D

chopperman 03 August 2013 02:26 PM

[quote=ditchmyster;11167897]

Originally Posted by chopperman (Post 11167460)
If you had to bolt and could take only one tool from your tool box what would it be ?

This beauty, NSFW.

/http://www.shopinprivate.com/xtreme-head-exciter-sex-toy.html

:D

Link doesn't seem to work for me. Get the feeling that's a blessing in disguise :lol1:

ditchmyster 03 August 2013 02:33 PM

fixed it.:lol1:

chopperman 03 August 2013 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11167912)
fixed it.:lol1:

I will look at it when the kids have gone to bed. Yes i can't resist :lol1:

tony de wonderful 03 August 2013 06:25 PM

I have a socket/spanner set from Halfords, 100 pieces I think? Anyway it's been invaluable and was cheap, no issues with quality at all. Snap on is for posers.

mrmadcap 03 August 2013 06:32 PM

There are tools in the toolbox that really take the piss, such as allen keys, I regularly pick up about 20 that look exactly the right size before I actually get the one that is the right size.

SJ_Skyline 03 August 2013 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Robbie Hawks (Post 11167672)
When it comes to scoobs, the driver is the #1 tool!

Edited for accuracy ;)

Claw hammer usually solves most of my problems.

tony de wonderful 03 August 2013 06:45 PM

I've got a dremmel which is rather cool. The only useful think I've really done with it is port and polish a nitro motor for a radio controlled car though lol.

Turbohot 03 August 2013 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 11168122)
I have a socket/spanner set from Halfords, 100 pieces I think? Anyway it's been invaluable and was cheap, no issues with quality at all. Snap on is for posers.

Correct.

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 11168134)
I've got a dremmel which is rather cool. The only useful think I've really done with it is port and polish a nitro motor for a radio controlled car though lol.

Dremmel is cool as. :cool: It enabled me to give a finish to a community art work that I facilitated among a very endearing community. It was worth buying. Thank you, Dremmel!

scottpolestar 03 August 2013 07:29 PM

Being a mechanic I have got alot of snap on tools but my favourite has to be the mini ductor 2 which can heat siezed bolts to 250c. Came in useful when I removed the rear subframe on my classic scooby

neil-h 03 August 2013 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by scottpolestar (Post 11168169)
Being a mechanic I have got alot of snap on tools but my favourite has to be the mini ductor 2 which can heat siezed bolts to 250c. Came in useful when I removed the rear subframe on my classic scooby

Oooooooh I want me one of them :lol1:

Aaron1978 03 August 2013 07:57 PM

Best £4 I ever spent:D

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165469

euan_r 03 August 2013 08:24 PM

14mm flexi head ratchet spanner is quite handy for working on subaru, not my favorite but used a fair bit.

snap on is not for posers, guess it depends on how much you work. halfrauds, draper expert, king dick, falcom, brit tool, dont even get me started on teng pish all break surprisingly easily. cheaper to buy snap on first time around.