ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   apple users shun Iphone5 (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/980957-apple-users-shun-iphone5.html)

andy97 24 July 2013 07:26 AM

apple users shun Iphone5

Apple sold far more of their older models, with a lower profit margin, which is confirmed in their flat quarterly results. Price conscious users realising apple are over charging for their products
Ipads slump in volume, so do macs, iPod looks to be on a downwards spiral.

Wow 22% slump in yoy quarter profit

dpb 24 July 2013 07:36 AM

Well I'm not quite surprised, you can now at least get some very reasonable deals ( online with other phones even )
And refurb prices seem to be through the floor!

Tidgy 24 July 2013 08:34 AM

im surprised by the share price reaction more than the story tbh, results are bad for apple, rev up profit down is never a good sign, yet shares jumped 5% + more today.

andy97 24 July 2013 08:39 AM

Its a managing expectations ploy, estimate a greater slow down in future earnings, beat that by a small percentage, everything looks dandy.

JackClark 24 July 2013 08:55 AM

Doomed.

andy97 24 July 2013 08:59 AM

Everything will turn around when they release the innovative iwatch and i-tv

andy97 24 July 2013 09:02 AM

Samsung the most profitable tech company on the planet now :).

I'll be helping by purchasing several Samsung devices this Autumn

JackClark 24 July 2013 09:05 AM

You and the rest of the brainwashed Fandroids, updating your phones several times a year. Mugs.

Tidgy 24 July 2013 09:19 AM

lol, is that all you can say now jack?

you realy are struggling to come up with a decent argument now arnt you lol

andy97 24 July 2013 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11158290)
You and the rest of the brainwashed Fandroids, updating your phones several times a year. Mugs.

Technology moves on rapidly and at a cost that doesn't break the bank, well apart from apple:)

Galifrey 24 July 2013 09:36 AM

I can see this thread ending well, like the apple shares one :(

JackClark 24 July 2013 09:43 AM

It's a troll thread what do you expect.

Tidgy 24 July 2013 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11158312)
It's a troll thread what do you expect.

why is it a troll thread? its the truth so its a subject of discussion, its only you who seem to think that apple can do no wrong :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

andy97 24 July 2013 09:58 AM

I am sure Jack can come up with one innovative response, but definitely not two :)

neil-h 24 July 2013 10:05 AM

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/118...0874507914.gif

jonc 24 July 2013 10:39 AM

A 30% slump in share price since Tim Cook took the reigns and ratings agencies have downgraded Apple from 'buy' to 'neutral', having said that, they're far from doomed!

JackClark 24 July 2013 11:38 AM

At last something sensible from the keyboard of jonc. The share price was way over the top, hopefully more people than me took advantage of that frenzy.

No new products for 8 months, expect change soon.

sovietspybob 24 July 2013 02:51 PM

I'm sure their profits will rise again when then release a new phone, a lot of people saw the iPhone5 as nothing more than a stretched iPhone 4S - a lot of money for an extra row of icons. If they do the big update to IOS people have been hinting at im sure that'd sort it out, i may come back to apple if they did that, maybe.

Carlh 24 July 2013 03:13 PM

i read the other day that Samsung has won the contract back off some other CPU supplier so now your apple money is going towards funding new samsung hardware :) Isnt competition great when the competitor makes your product :lol1:

JackClark 24 July 2013 03:14 PM

I'm waiting on the 5S and may even skip that, the 4S is so good I don't know if I need anything more. That's a problem for Apple shareholders, the products are so good they last a long time. None of this upgrading every 6 months rubbish, looking like my 4S might last 3 years! I'll see how it runs iOS 7 then make my mind up.

JackClark 24 July 2013 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Carlh (Post 11158552)
i read the other day that Samsung has won the contract back off some other CPU supplier so now your apple money is going towards funding new samsung hardware :) Isnt competition great when the competitor makes your product :lol1:

They always have made components for iPhones. Apple kicked them out for falling behind.

Think how Samsung feel about it, pretty much working for nothing as they owe Apple a billion for copying them.

Ant 24 July 2013 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11158555)
I'm waiting on the 5S and may even skip that, the 4S is so good I don't know if I need anything more. That's a problem for Apple shareholders, the products are so good they last a long time. None of this upgrading every 6 months rubbish, looking like my 4S might last 3 years! I'll see how it runs iOS 7 then make my mind up.

it dont run too bad even on the beta's

andy97 24 July 2013 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11158558)
They always have made components for iPhones. Apple kicked them out for falling behind.

Think how Samsung feel about it, pretty much working for nothing as they owe Apple a billion for copying them.

Now Jack, you know full well that non of that is true, your imagination is running away again. Pay attention in class or we will have to put you in the dunce corner with your favourite hat on:)

jonc 24 July 2013 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11158555)

No, the problem for Apple shareholders is that Apple can't produce products good enough supersede their existing products. You are proof of this and as you have already indicated, you may even skip 2 generations of the iPhone before your next one.

jonc 24 July 2013 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11158558)

Here are the facts:
1. Apple stopped using Samsung because of their deteriorating relationship due to ongoing litigation and reduce their dependency.
2. The $1bn sought has now been reduced by $450m and both continue to negotiate to come to a settlement.
3. Samsung are back to make billions more for producing the A9 chip for Apple.

JackClark 24 July 2013 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 11158572)
No, the problem for Apple shareholders is that Apple can't produce products good enough supersede their existing products. You are proof of this and as you have already indicated, you may even skip 2 generations of the iPhone before your next one.

That's a bad thing? Mugs like you buy a new Samsung if they add a new pixel and they add a new pixel every few months. Oh, but I forget, you don't buy your phones, they're free with a new contract... LOL.

jonc 24 July 2013 03:49 PM

30% slump in share price, take up of iPhone 5 lower than previous models, people like you aren't convinced their new products are better. Is this a bad thing? I don't have a Samsung, I have an iPhone, are you happier now?

andy97 24 July 2013 03:56 PM

Jack you look anxious,, stop biting your nails.

Say two coherent sensible sentences in succession and we might be able to cure you:)

JackClark 24 July 2013 04:04 PM

Anxious, me, no, I have a bunch of Fandroids on the end of my line, couldn't be happier.

Look at the profits Jon, try to focus on the positive.

jonc 24 July 2013 04:11 PM

Net profit is down 22% from last year!