ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   ECU REMAP ON A 2000 TURBO HELP NEEDED! (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/979875-ecu-remap-on-a-2000-turbo-help-needed.html)

LeeRBrown 10 July 2013 11:15 PM

ECU REMAP ON A 2000 TURBO HELP NEEDED!

I might be able to get hold of a Y7 ECU that is the same as the existing one in my car. This one already has the Ecutek mapping thingy on/in it (Excuse my limited knowledge/wording). Is it just as easy as removing my old ECU and plugging his into my car? he said its been mapped on a standard turbo and injectors, which mine is, but thats all I know. Do I need to get it remapped? I just dont know, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Lee

boothydude 15 July 2013 04:09 PM

should just plug in but every car is different so just because it was mapped 4 a similar car,does not mean that yours will run perfectly with it,my advice would be to get it mapped for your car,but if you are going to do that then i wud atleast put sum upgrades on your car ie exhaust ,panel filter and get the best out off the mapping.

joey_turbo 16 July 2013 10:54 PM

I run an ECUtek ECu remapped on someone else's car for 4+ years. Kept meaning to get it done, but never did. It ran fine. I did have some popping and banging on the over run, but checked with the original owner, and he had that specifically mapped in as he liked it.

euan_r 17 July 2013 08:49 PM

You cant just say it ran fine without quantifying the changes.

joey_turbo 17 July 2013 11:44 PM

Well it did, otherwise I wouldn't have said. Never missed a beat in 4 odd years. The map on the ECU I bought was for mods not exactly the same as mine, fairly close. It had a few extra ported bits.
I always run a manual boost controller on all my turbo cars, and cap the boost. maybe that helped it.
But running a MBC, is also considered a big no on here. Everyone assumes you will be turning the boost up to the max whenever you fancy it.

euan_r 18 July 2013 12:27 AM

You have already muddied the waters by now mentioning that you altered boost level, whether lower or higher, you have changed fuel/air ratio.

I fitted mapped ecu for same mods and found it ran leaner than 11.5 above 6k as i measured it. Not having forged build and measuring egt i was unhappy with doing so.

Every car is different so i would advice against just fitting an ecu mapped for same mods.

joey_turbo 18 July 2013 10:19 PM

I said I capped the boost, not altered it. As you know, its not good to have it wildly over boosting hence the cap.

euan_r 19 July 2013 12:11 AM

reduced, increased, capped you circumvented quite a few more tables than just boost target.

urban 19 July 2013 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by LeeRBrown (Post 11146097)
Is it just as easy as removing my old ECU and plugging his into my car?

No
You will need to get your keys reprogrammed for a start

Gambit 19 July 2013 03:26 PM

99/00 dont need keys done. it literally is plug n play

personally if it was me, with the cars being supposed same spec. id take the ECU with me to a rolling road, install it (5mins) get them to run it up & check it. if safe then fire ahead, if not then stick original back in until such times you want to pay to get the ecutek ecu remapped for you

Steve's Sti 19 July 2013 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gambit (Post 11153828)
99/00 dont need keys done. it literally is plug n play

personally if it was me, with the cars being supposed same spec. id take the ECU with me to a rolling road, install it (5mins) get them to run it up & check it. if safe then fire ahead, if not then stick original back in until such times you want to pay to get the ecutek ecu remapped for you

+1 :thumb: