ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   well,3 weeks after my big end let go......... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/978655-well-3-weeks-after-my-big-end-let-go.html)

the shreksta 26 June 2013 07:08 PM

well,3 weeks after my big end let go.........

im back on the road,i picked the car up today from pr developments who fitted an sti8 long engine with avcs heads (not wired in yet) along with full timing kit,rcm water pump,advanced automotive 11mm modded oil pump,new thermostat,rear crank seal,new plugs,full rocker gasket kit and a full coolant change using comma g30.

the car is a bit more laggy now and at 1st i was slightly unhappy with it but im used to the instant spool of the td04.i suppose it will take some getting used to plus duncan needs to road test/tweek it next week as he didnt when it was mapped due to big end failure.im loving the kick from the turbo now tho plus im loving the sound from the rcm induction kit and full de-cat :D:D:D:D

next up is to strip my old lump down to determine cause of failure (my money is on the oil pump-even tho it was a cossie one) then get the block machined and start building the 2.1 stroker,then a 6 speed,then a bigger turbo,then bigger rear brakes,then a different interior,then some coilovers,then some rota's.............................you get the idea :thumb::thumb:

stonejedi 26 June 2013 07:12 PM

Glad your rolling again:thumb:SJ.

the shreksta 26 June 2013 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 11132715)
Glad your rolling again:thumb:SJ.

me too matey,missed it so much :D

tubbytommy 26 June 2013 07:18 PM

did you not have an oil pressure gauge??
that would have indicated the pump failing

Maz 26 June 2013 07:27 PM

Is it Paul Randle who is the main man at PR developments. I've heard many good things about him.

the shreksta 26 June 2013 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 11132744)
Is it Paul Randle who is the main man at PR developments. I've heard many good things about him.

father and son team matey,both are awesome matey,honest and trust worthy and really know their stuff.they are building a few projects at the min,550bhp hill climb car,600bhp hatch,forged 2.5 hatch plus my 2.1 :thumb:

jazzyjembreaze 26 June 2013 07:31 PM

Shreksta , I came across your burning oil smell thread the other day
How was your crank seal & oil separator plate condition ?
Did your failure spin the mains ?

the shreksta 26 June 2013 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11132726)
did you not have an oil pressure gauge??
that would have indicated the pump failing

no matey i only have oil temp and boost at the min BUT i shall now be having one fitted

the shreksta 26 June 2013 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze (Post 11132752)
Shreksta , I came across your burning oil smell thread the other day
How was your crank seal & oil separator plate condition ?
Did your failure spin the mains ?

not sure yet matey as we havent stripped the engine down yet.the car never used oil,it was changed on a regular basis and i was never red-lined or driven really hard so its a bit of a mystery...........................onward and upward as they say :thumb:

jazzyjembreaze 26 June 2013 07:36 PM

Let us know your findings on strip down
& glad your up & running again :)

the shreksta 26 June 2013 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze (Post 11132765)
Let us know your findings on strip down
& glad your up & running again :)

yeah i will do matey and cheers

jura11 26 June 2013 07:52 PM

As above glad you are running again and enjoy car:thumb:

Jura

the shreksta 26 June 2013 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 11132787)
As above glad you are running again and enjoy car:thumb:

Jura

cheers :thumb:

fawor 27 June 2013 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11132762)
not sure yet matey as we havent stripped the engine down yet.the car never used oil,it was changed on a regular basis and i was never red-lined or driven really hard so its a bit of a mystery...........................onward and upward as they say :thumb:

thats why it gone
You should buy metro instead scoob:lol1:

ditchmyster 27 June 2013 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 11132744)

Ummm I went to Arnold & Carlton College with a Paul Randle, wonder if it's the same guy.:wonder:

Shrek, glad your back on the road, and your mental, I always said these cars are worse than crack.:lol1:

the shreksta 27 June 2013 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11133140)
Ummm I went to Arnold & Carlton College with a Paul Randle, wonder if it's the same guy.:wonder:

Shrek, glad your back on the road, and your mental, I always said these cars are worse than crack.:lol1:

not sure which college he went mate

tubbytommy 27 June 2013 06:41 AM

get him to fit an oil pressure gauge too.......

the shreksta 27 June 2013 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11133158)
get him to fit an oil pressure gauge too.......

I shall do

Blue by You 27 June 2013 09:58 AM

Glad you got it sorted mate.
What you need is one of these:
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/r...saiBoss/T0.jpg
More info than you can shake a stick at.
http://www.jti.uk.com/products/shop-toucan/

lofty35 27 June 2013 01:20 PM

enjoy your scoob mate will be over soon

Maz 27 June 2013 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11133140)

I'm not sure Rich, I don't know the bloke personally but am aware of his work. They did a complete newage twin scroll/six speed gearbox with DCCD to classic conversion including dash and complete interior ages ago. The amount of work and the attention to detail was first class. It was one of the first to be done in this country and was a fabulous job and made a great road car.:)

Maz 27 June 2013 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by fawor (Post 11133110)
thats why it gone
You should buy metro instead scoob:lol1:

You should be on stage.
http://i41.tinypic.com/2s7yr85.gif

urban 27 June 2013 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 11133521)
You should be on stage.

Is is Borat's brother Bilo I wonder?

the shreksta 27 June 2013 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 11133519)
I'm not sure Rich, I don't know the bloke personally but am aware of his work. They did a complete newage twin scroll/six speed gearbox with DCCD to classic conversion including dash and complete interior ages ago. The amount of work and the attention to detail was first class. It was one of the first to be done in this country and was a fabulous job and made a great road car.:)

they are top blokes matey,they put the skyline engine in the impreza that was on wheeler dealers

http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk/projectcar2.asp

im lucky to have them on my doorstep really

the shreksta 02 July 2013 09:06 PM

well just had duncan out to finish tweeking my car and all is good.....................yoink :thumb: