ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Driving Dynamics (https://www.scoobynet.com/driving-dynamics-354/)
-   -   Camber bolt question for the front (https://www.scoobynet.com/driving-dynamics-354/977980-camber-bolt-question-for-the-front.html)

cuprajake 18 June 2013 09:44 PM

Camber bolt question for the front

Do you get more camber using an aftermarket eibach camber bolt, than you would the oem one in a hawk sti?.

bustaMOVEs 18 June 2013 09:56 PM

Don't think the eibachs fit tbh as the stock one is thicker, and it's only the rears that don't have a camber bolt stock, only way to get more camber at front os to spin the top mounts if on coilovers

5cooby1 18 June 2013 10:05 PM

No idea if same for a hawk but I've been told to get two sets of camber bolts for my classic maybe to make rear adjustable and more movement if used with the Oem top camber bolt on the front?

cuprajake 18 June 2013 10:12 PM

Ebach supply front and rear bolts.

bustaMOVEs 18 June 2013 11:02 PM

There are 2 holes in front and rear hubs for camber bolts iirc, the front already has on in, think its in the bottom hole (thicker bolt than eibachs) the top hole I belive you can put one in but won't make much difference so pointless IMO.
However the rear has non in so is good to put them there and create a good rear camber so it feel like its got a thick sway bar helping you round corners, the top bolt I had wound in to max and bottom bolt out so to give the most rear camber, utilising the front stock camber bolt to max is enough IMO for the overall ride when hammering it round corners as appose to a lot of camber on front will spoil the ride unless driving really fast all the time on track so won't feel right for road use IMO.
Hth

cuprajake 18 June 2013 11:16 PM

Top bolt is camber in the front.

You replace the top rear bolt for camber.

The bottom bolts are normal bolts

My question is mor from a point of wanting lots of camber in te front too.

Jake

prodriverules 18 June 2013 11:36 PM

You might gain a fraction more jake but pointless imo,better off buying some adjustable top mounts to gain a good amount ie whiteline/cusco

bustaMOVEs 18 June 2013 11:38 PM

Them normal bolts come out and replace by eibach bolts as they are thinner as I said earlier, you could put in front too but you won't gain LOTS of camber only slightly

All the eibach camber bolts are same thickness for front and rear as to why I said the stock Subaru at front will have to stay as its thicker

cuprajake 19 June 2013 07:10 AM

Cool cheers guys.

Camber plate search on. Can they be used on oem struts?

Sheepy Sean 20 June 2013 11:38 AM

The Whiteline ones can be, although they seem a bit on the pricey side. Would be interested to know if there are any other ones out there as good but cheaper.

P555SBR 23 June 2013 01:02 PM

the most front camber we could get on the front with standard camber bolts was 1.7 we added a second camber bolt to the front and managed to get 2.43 not a great lot more but for track use makes a huge difference on corner speed the only season I went this way was we are not allowed to run adjustable suspension

cuprajake 23 June 2013 01:38 PM

So you added a second set in the lower position ?

P555SBR 23 June 2013 02:51 PM

yep 2 camber bolts per front strut done 3 sprints and about 5000 road miles on this setup and not had any problems