ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   114k miles on 05 subaru wrx (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/977667-114k-miles-on-05-subaru-wrx.html)

JensonsScooby 15 June 2013 07:58 PM

114k miles on 05 subaru wrx

Can I get a few personal opinions please.

I'm looking at an 05 wrx blue with gold alloys, STI spoiler, pro drive exhaust, 3 months tax n mot 2 owners, full service history, cambelt done at 96k.

Is this worth £3200

JensonsScooby 15 June 2013 08:00 PM

Not only should I be asking is it worth the price, but is worth touching at that price for such high mileage. Should be concerned even tho belts are done and its got full service with only 2 owners ??

Thanks

MattyB1983 15 June 2013 08:42 PM

Plenty of cars on here done big miles (not that 114K is big miles for a modern car). If the history is good and the car is right then miles really shouldn't matter. Just remember its not just the engine that has seen 114K though.
For me, if that the budget id go for an older car with less miles. Just makes it easier come sale time.

BoozyDave 15 June 2013 09:18 PM

my 05 wrx has done 102k, it's running 330bhp now, it had 2 previous owners and FSH with no expense spared.
it feels better than my last 05 wrx that had 50k on the clock and FSH.

go and have a look and a drive, see what you think to it

resale value - how long do you want to keep it for?

other options -
v reg classic, 13 years old, the chassis and most other parts are the same age, how long til things fail through age, not just milage? tin worm?
bugeye, IMO most look fugly, some look ok, could be difficult to resell

but an 05 reg is only 8 years old, yes the milage is high, but tin worm shouldn't have started. should be ok with FSH

big_wasa 16 June 2013 04:39 PM

Better to buy on condition not millage

chocolate_o_brian 16 June 2013 06:19 PM

Engine should be good if looked after but I'd be looking at everything else - i.e. gearbox, suspension, bushes/mounts, steering rack.

Take a knowledgeable mate with you, even if just for two pairs of eyes to look out for possible future expense.

JensonsScooby 17 June 2013 02:31 PM

Thanks guys!!

Going to see an 04 plate wrx tomoz, 88k miles 2 owners silver with black alloys

Can't wait!

BoozyDave 17 June 2013 09:20 PM

thats sounds alright. just don't let your heart buy it, use your head wisely, if you're not 100% happy with it, walk away

scoobyjunky 18 June 2013 06:30 PM

I've got a wrx wagon on 165 I bought it four years ago with 115 on the clock to owners and a service folder that would put the English dictionary to shame I paid 3995 back then but the car had been resprayed I've serviced it kept it sweet its a a daily driver too not missed a beat yet only probs have been bearings it's all about the history for me not the mileage