ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Front Discs & Pads (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/977641-front-discs-and-pads.html)

Hawkeye D 15 June 2013 03:30 PM

Front Discs & Pads

Hi all,

I'm on the lookout for a decent set of new fronts discs and pads for my 07 plate STi Spec D.

More than likely Godspeed I'm sure, but what items will do a good job?

It's just a standard road car etc, but would be nice to have more braking power if possible.

I don't want a pad that takes forever to warm up, nor do I want something that creates too much dust.

Just a decent road set up is what I'm after. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Standard Brembo set up is what I have by the way.

Cheers,

Matt

Norman Dog 15 June 2013 03:38 PM

Depends on your budget, I found the Godpseed grooved discs and Kevlar pads very good on my WRX. :)

Hawkeye D 15 June 2013 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Norman Dog (Post 11121729)
Depends on your budget, I found the Godpseed grooved discs and Kevlar pads very good on my WRX. :)

Average to upper budget, but nothing silly!.

I'll call Ian through next week for a chat.

bustaMOVEs 15 June 2013 03:52 PM

Any budget discs and euro parts pagid pads

Tomwrx 15 June 2013 04:41 PM

Stoptech discs and pads mate, superb bite from cold and dont fade when hot,

A bit pricey but well worth it,

Hawkeye D 15 June 2013 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tomwrx (Post 11121781)
Stoptech discs and pads mate, superb bite from cold and dont fade when hot,

A bit pricey but well worth it,

Sounds good, do you have a link?

:)

Turbotits 15 June 2013 05:23 PM

My vote goes for the pagid disc/pad combo for a road car from ecp. Ive had performance friction,ebc and the o/e brembo stuff on mine. The standard pagid stuff has been far better than the so called performance stuff. The brembo stuff felt wooden. Both the ebc and performance friction over heated to quickly causing brake fade. my car is a road car. Also used for sprinting

IggyRB320 15 June 2013 06:27 PM

Performance friction 2 piece disc & bell on the front, with PF Z pads all round on the RB.
Great bedding in formula & awesome upgrade for the OE Brembo callipers!

I have Godspeed's grooved discs & kevlar pads all round on the wife's John Cooper Works BMW Mini. Great piece of kit!

ditchmyster 15 June 2013 06:33 PM

Godspeed discs and ds200 pads perfectly good road car set up, not too pricey either.

CarBen Fibre Creations 15 June 2013 06:41 PM

We have a selection of EBC brakes here: http://www.carbenfibrecreations.co.u...oller=category

Hawkeye D 15 June 2013 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by IggyRB320 (Post 11121862)
Performance friction 2 piece disc & bell on the front, with PF Z pads all round on the RB.
Great bedding in formula & awesome upgrade for the OE Brembo callipers!

I have Godspeed's grooved discs & kevlar pads all round on the wife's John Cooper Works BMW Mini. Great piece of kit!

& bell?

Godspeed Brakes 15 June 2013 07:22 PM

For your use we can offer you our grooved front discs and German Kevlar pads for £175 , or £295 for front and rears , for your use and the price they cannot be beaten.

From there you go up to better spec pads but the price goes up , and with your use you wouldn't use the pads to there full potential so no point in doing so.

The bells are the alloy centres bolted to the discs on a 2 piece disc

Cheers Ian

IggyRB320 15 June 2013 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D (Post 11121886)
& bell?

Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes (Post 11121926)

Cheers Ian

:D

Thus, less heat transfer & you re-use the bell & only replace the disc/rotor when they're needed!

Hawkeye D 15 June 2013 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes (Post 11121926)
For your use we can offer you our grooved front discs and German Kevlar pads for £175 , or £295 for front and rears , for your use and the price they cannot be beaten.

From there you go up to better spec pads but the price goes up , and with your use you wouldn't use the pads to there full potential so no point in doing so.

Cheers Ian

Thank you Ian, much appreciated.

Hawkeye D 16 June 2013 08:23 AM

These ones?

http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~god...id_product=141

salsa-king 16 June 2013 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D (Post 11122238)

same I can't get that set up for my hatch.. at that price it would be worth buying a set for when I need them
:(

wrx271 16 June 2013 10:08 AM

I'm using ebc yellows I've used these pads for a number of years now and I can't really fault them most my friends use them now and don't complain atall you will however get a lot which say there not great.
At the moment I'm on standard faced discs and yellows all round and I'm having no issues slowing her down on the road lets be fair how many people are doing serious braking to fade their brakes out, they need to be on a track with a better set up. I'm not saying yellows are the best thing out there but for the money paired with a good disc either an ebc usr disc bit pricey or the pagid disc from euros is brilliant value plus they come zinc coated so the hubs won't rust like most other discs out there, the usr disc has the same zinc coating but black.

You could spend around 600 on discs bells and pads but I think they will be overkill for you

Godspeed Brakes 16 June 2013 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D (Post 11122238)

Yes they are the ones

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 11122270)
same I can't get that set up for my hatch.. at that price it would be worth buying a set for when I need them
:(

We can offer a package for the hatch but it's more expensive , the rear discs on the hatch are different to the booted version , and we know of only one after market supplier who makes these.
The package for the hatch is £450

Cheers Ian

The Veteran 16 June 2013 11:48 AM

I have been running the Godspeed grooved and kevlar pads all round on my 07 Hawkeye Sti for about 12 to 18 months, and I have been more than happy with it.