ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Rear brakes neaded ASAP for 95 sti ra. Brembo/ ap??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/977376-rear-brakes-neaded-asap-for-95-sti-ra-brembo-ap.html)

joe v3sti 12 June 2013 11:02 AM

Rear brakes neaded ASAP for 95 sti ra. Brembo/ ap???

Hi guys I've been refreshing my ra for weeks now and in due for mapping on the 28thjune. In that space of time I need to get it fully serviced and fit my fmic.
I have ap 6pots up front so need something like rear brembos of maybe ap's

3 weeks ago I ordered a refurbed set inc disks and pads from god speed to the tune of £500. I stressed that I needed these and they have me a 7 day turn around. Well 3 weeks later after chasing them up more than once I was told that they still haven't got them in from their supplier! Fair enough I understand how the supply chain works. But not even a courtesy call in the 3weeks to let me know the score. Had they let me know what was going on I could have made alternative arrangements. Then today I spoke with them again and had to cancel my order. I was perfectly civil and polite about the matter, but I didn't even get an apology! I run my own business and if i treat my clients like this i cannot imagine id be trading much longer.
its a shame because ive dealt with godspeed before and previously had a posative experience.
Now with only a couple of days before my cars booked in for a service I need to source a rear brake set up.

So if anybody has a rear brake set up ie. brembos inc brackets, aps
Please get in touch

Joe

alcazar 12 June 2013 12:29 PM

Why didn't you source your own, (ebay, breakers etc) and have Ian refurb them and sell you the bracket kit?

That's what I did, except I refurbed my own, and had brakes on in under a week.

prodriverules 12 June 2013 12:39 PM

I'm looking to change my rear k-sport 6 pots for ap racing so I'm open to offers on them joe,brand new as you've probably seen on my project thread.
Pm me an offer chap :)

Ryan

joe v3sti 12 June 2013 12:44 PM

Generally speaking I work away Monday to Friday. So finding the time to source stuff ect isn't always easy, therefore getting Ian to supply the lot was convieniant. Had I of been keep up to speed and the know I could have either sourced some calipers then sent them to god speed myself or made other arrangements. At no stage am I questioning godspeeds products or engineering capabilities etc, I just think they need to address their customer service issues.

What is a kick in the teeth, through out this I've missed a set of ap rear 4 pots that came up for sale

Darrell@Scoobyworx 12 June 2013 12:47 PM

We have rear Brembos in stock which would need a refurb to your choice of colour and logo etc,

Also have the brackets in stock for fitting them

Godspeed Brakes 12 June 2013 01:08 PM

I told you all along we had to order calipers , so I never gave you a turn around of 7 days , the turnaround was always dependant on getting a pair of calipers here , thats why we didn't take any payment from you until we actually had some here , we ordered some and were promised a set of used ones a couple of weeks ago which we still haven't had yet

No payments have been taken from you

We have spoken to you a few times about it , what more would you like us to do ?

I'm sure you will find a used set somewhere

joe v3sti 12 June 2013 01:53 PM

Upon ordering I was told by yourself Ian that I was looking at a week turn around. A couple of days either side no ones going to be bothered about. But I think at 3 weeks and the only communication Ive had from yourself is when Ive called to chase the order is just a little poor really. When you say what more would you like us to do, well like I said an informative phone call wouldn't have gone a miss, or even an apology this morning when cancelling my order.

Joe

Godspeed Brakes 12 June 2013 02:08 PM

I did not tell you that it would be a week turnaround from the day you ordered them , it would have been about a week turnaround after getting some calipers , if we had had the calipers when we were supposed to then the kit would have been ready to ship in about a week.

I told you on the phone monday that I still didn't have calipers here , perhaps given your timescale it would have been better to cancel them then , we have put time into finding calipers and have already paid for them only to be let down on the delivery of them , unfortunately our hands are tied until we have calipers.

You spoke to Ben this morning not me , I would have apologised in not getting a kit done for you , so i'm sorry ,

Cheers Ian