ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   F*****g EE! Help And Opinions Please (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/977115-f-g-ee-help-and-opinions-please.html)

addi monster 09 June 2013 08:35 PM

F*****g EE! Help And Opinions Please

About 3 months ago i renewed my phone contract which was with t mobile, i was on a totally unlimited contract ie free 0800's unlimited internet and so on which i was very happy with it so i asked for nothing to be changed just send me the new handset, phone arrived and all was well until 3 weeks when my internet went off, i called them to be told i had hit my limit??? i thought i was unlimited like i asked. i then found out my bill was almost treble due to the 0800 numbers not being free anymore wtf!!!!, anyhow for the last 3 months i have been constantly telling EE to put me back on the network i asked to be on but they say they cant do this.

what shall i do next ?

RA Dunk 09 June 2013 08:40 PM

Cancel the contract as it was not the contract you agreed too, tell them to do one for changing your contract without your consent, and go elsewhere.

addi monster 09 June 2013 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11115246)
Cancel the contract as it was not the contract you agreed too, tell them to do one for changing your contract without your consent, and go elsewhere.

They wont allow me to do that as there are cancellation costs ect, basically they are telling me i have to buy out my contract :mad:

pslewis 09 June 2013 08:48 PM

EE salespeople will lie through their back teeth to get a sale/or a change of contract in their favour.

They are one of the worst Companies to deal with for underhand tactics ..... I suggest you state that the contract was mis-sold and you wish to cancel (say the original phone call about the sale was recorded, they all are .... just don't say YOU didn't record it! - this works wonders!)

RA Dunk 09 June 2013 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by addi monster (Post 11115255)
They wont allow me to do that as there are cancellation costs ect, basically they are telling me i have to buy out my contract :mad:

Bollox, if they changed your contract without your consent they haven't got a leg to stand on legally, tell them to bite your banger....

addi monster 09 June 2013 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11115308)
Bollox, if they changed your contract without your consent they haven't got a leg to stand on legally, tell them to bite your banger....

I know this and have told them this until i was blue in the face, they just dont want to know :mad:

pslewis 09 June 2013 09:34 PM

Tell them to put their case to a judge in the County Court ..... that tends to focus minds! Really, they will stop and listen and try to sort it as long as you are absolutely serious about it - tell them they have got 5 working days to come up with a solution, say this call is being recorded and the time starts now.

stevebt 09 June 2013 09:40 PM

New contract new rules, although you have said to keep everything the same the sales team would of just given you what was close? I have renewed my daughters contract a few times and it keeps changing although they don't charge extra for over use they just up the bill each year.

EOEUMC 09 June 2013 09:40 PM

I would also threaten them with the ombudsmen and that you will be taking it up with them for breaking the terms of contract. Also ask them if they still have a copy of the original telephone conversation as you may well need it once court proceedings commence!

RobsyUK 09 June 2013 10:04 PM

Won't they just say that in the small prints they can change it when ever they want.

pslewis 09 June 2013 10:16 PM

There are laws against unreasonable contracts ... they will never test that in court - be tough and you will get what you want.

tony de wonderful 09 June 2013 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 11115257)
EE salespeople will lie through their back teeth to get a sale/or a change of contract in their favour.

They are one of the worst Companies to deal with for underhand tactics ..... I suggest you state that the contract was mis-sold and you wish to cancel (say the original phone call about the sale was recorded, they all are .... just don't say YOU didn't record it! - this works wonders!)

They lied to me...or at least I think they did.

I went online and it said I could renew my 18 month contract for a small discount and get a new blackberry for £10. For some reason the site wouldn't let me do this, it gave some weird error.

So I went in the store and they said it would be fine to do it manually. The bird put the blackberry though and when I went to pay it said £100 on the machine! Obviously I queried this, and the bird said she made a mistake and thought I had said it was £100 online! She said she couldn't see the deal for £10 anywhere so couldn't do it for that price.

Now my contract had been renewed before I had to pay for the handset. I wanted to cancel so I could search for a better deal but the bird said it was too late, it would take about 7 days for it to be cancelled in the states!

So I kept waiting for it to be cancelled, one week later, told it might take longer, given some BS.

In the end I just lumped it as I have other fish to fry but I will make sure I go elsewhere next year when it expires.

pslewis 09 June 2013 10:24 PM

Too many people just get rolled over that they do it again and again .......... we need some backbone in this country!

albob 10 June 2013 08:09 PM

you could try writing to them

Make sure you send it 'recorded delivery' and give them 10 days to reply

From their website

"....By letter

If your complaint is still unresolved, you can write to us at the following address:

Complaint Investigations
T-Mobile
6 Camberwell Way
Sunderland
Tyne and Wear
SR3 3XN

If you decide to write to us by letter, don’t forget to include:
1.Your name
2.Your address
3.Your T-Mobile account number and/or T-Mobile telephone number
4.Details of your complaint
5.Your resolution requirements
6.A daytime contact telephone number

We’ll acknowledge receipt of your letter with a text message on the day we receive it.

Read our full Complaints Code of Practice.........."

mickywrx 10 June 2013 08:23 PM

Waste of time writing to that address, none of the unwashed can read. :lol1:

addi monster 10 June 2013 08:24 PM

Well after speaking to several employees today I managed to get past the monkeys and spoke to someone that actually helped me. My contract is now cheaper than before with all the same benefits of my last contract. They have even re embersed the last 3 months bills as a token of good will.

All in all a result I feel but this should not be allowed to happen.

Ant 10 June 2013 09:59 PM

Result

Gear Head 11 June 2013 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by addi monster (Post 11116299)
Well after speaking to several employees today I managed to get past the monkeys and spoke to someone that actually helped me. My contract is now cheaper than before with all the same benefits of my last contract. They have even re embersed the last 3 months bills as a token of good will.

All in all a result I feel but this should not be allowed to happen.

As a gesture of good will? Please tell me he didn't tell you that on the phone. He 'HAD' to refund you. End of story.

Ray T 11 June 2013 12:03 PM

Had something a little similar last year, renewal time new GS3 etc, but I said to send all info via email, so I had a track back of everything I had asked, this worked out for me as when the first "new" bill arrived guess what, the price had gone up, so straight back on to the rep, took a couple of serious emails but they reinstated my account as was. Slippery lot these sales people!

addi monster 11 June 2013 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 11116886)
As a gesture of good will? Please tell me he didn't tell you that on the phone. He 'HAD' to refund you. End of story.

When im getting what I want ill let him say what he wants lol.
£10 a month cheaper will do me nicely.