ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   Anyone Running HSD Coilovers? (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/977002-anyone-running-hsd-coilovers.html)

JamesDundee 08 June 2013 01:02 PM

Anyone Running HSD Coilovers?

Looking at getting some coilovers for my widetrack blob, anyone got any experience of HSDs?

jura11 08 June 2013 05:36 PM

Hi there

We have fitted and running HSD HR,we bought them due good reviews on other forums plus I've tried them on the friend EVO before and I've been very impressed with them

After 1 year which we running them,must admit still I love them,although are firmer on harder settings than BC,on softest settings we tried only once,we are revert to our settings,which seems is great on track and fast B road driving/drag racing

Depends on yours budget and I would really recommend at least try them on friend car and I would compare them with other makers in this range

Jura

JamesDundee 08 June 2013 07:27 PM

Well I had Meister Rs on my Legacy and was impressed. However this time I thought I would try something different. I was aiming at the Monotube HSDs, approx £750 or so. I've heard conflicting things about the BCs but I've got the impression the HSDs are a better quality product.

scooblet 08 June 2013 07:33 PM

I got a set on my bug wagon and the rears knock. Does my head in!

jura11 08 June 2013 07:37 PM

Hi there

Meister R are technically BC(both are made in same company).Yes those HSD Monotube(HR) we have fitted and must admit in our case working well,some people hate them just due adjustability(on most coilovers is knob for adjusting on the top of the shock/coilovers and on the HSD is usually on bottom of the shock) or some people hate them due are harder(I would rather say firmer)

Jura

jura11 08 June 2013 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by scooblet (Post 11114271)
I got a set on my bug wagon and the rears knock. Does my head in!

How many miles you done on them?

I would suggest have look on the locking collars,just check are not loose,if yes tighten up them,this should resolve this knocking issue

Jura

stevebt 08 June 2013 07:42 PM

They are fitted on my car and a couple of weeks ago when I dual drove my car at Blyton mine was the 7th fastest car on the day, although I was told if I had decent suspension he could of shaved another 2 secs per lap and that would of put in in the top 4 which is pretty damned good for a road car :D

JamesDundee 08 June 2013 08:28 PM

Hmm conflicting info... Not sure now.

stevebt 08 June 2013 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by JamesDundee (Post 11114323)
Hmm conflicting info... Not sure now.

Every sprint my car has been in when the car has been dual driven by Steven Darley has always been in the top 10 cars. Mine is full road trim and HSD coilovers with just a little tweak to the power :)

Obviously my car would benefit a good driver with a massive advantage on handling with proper quality suspension but as for me I'm not so sure :)

JamesDundee 08 June 2013 09:12 PM

Well I liked my Meister Rs so if the HSD Monopros are even better than those I should be onto a winner. Now I won't be tracking it any time soon, I just want quality gear on my pride and joy. I can't see the ride being impossible to adjust back to stock levels of (un)comfort.
Worth the cost?
Also, what are people's experiences of adjusting/ extended adjusters malarkey?

JamesDundee 10 June 2013 12:27 PM

Eh?

JamesDundee 11 June 2013 09:58 PM

What's the deal with adjusting the dampening on these? Are extenders available or is it a trolley jack job?

jura11 14 June 2013 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by JamesDundee (Post 11117925)
What's the deal with adjusting the dampening on these? Are extenders available or is it a trolley jack job?

Hi there

No extenders for HSD,because HSD are made them as monotube coilovers

Jura