ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Driving question (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/976925-driving-question.html)

gurnard 07 June 2013 11:38 AM

Driving question

The car park I pull into is about 150 yards past a relatively busy T junction. This morning there was a car waiting to cross my path to enter the junction and two cars waiting to turn left and right from the junction. To be on the safe side I usually slow down and indicate as the front of my car passes the cars waiting to come out of the junction, of course this doesn't leave much room before turning. I was being tailgated this morning by a **** in an Audi who thought I was being a dangerous driver and kindly let me know how he felt.

What would you do? indicate before the junction and potentially have a car pull out in front of you, or indicate after and risk someone smashing into the back of you.

alcazar 07 June 2013 11:45 AM

The Highway Code says you must only indicate when you mean to manoeuvre. DO NOT indicate too early, it's a potential accident and you would be in the wrong.

You are doing it right now.

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 07 June 2013 11:45 AM

I would indicate after/at the junction. Not your fault if a tailgater drives into the back of you.

gurnard 07 June 2013 11:54 AM

This is exactly what I thought too, this **** just got me thinking am I defiantly in the right.

CrisPDuk 07 June 2013 01:07 PM

I was always taught that you don't indicate for a turning until you have passed any other turns immediately before the one you want.

And don't worry about tailgaters, if they hit you, just say thank you very much, and take the whipcash :thumb:

Leslie 08 June 2013 04:44 PM

Impatient Audi drivers,or any others, are in the wrong for making an arse of themselves.

Les

PaulC72 08 June 2013 06:01 PM

alternatively, stop get out car and punch them one.

Mouser 08 June 2013 06:16 PM

You are in the wrong. You have no right to be in front of an Audi and probably doing the speed limit. Audi drivers are busy, successful people whose time is far more important than yours, so don't do it again! :razz:

billythekid 08 June 2013 09:49 PM

Stay in the middle of the lane, dont drift over to the N/S as people turning right might see that as a position for a left turn and pull out, and the people behind might think you are going to trun left and go round you.

So stay in the middle, and the second you are level with the junction put your left signal on and N/S mirror check and move over to the N/S.

If people get up your @rse I would just remain calm and do as above. If they want to try and go round you then its upto them - but reinforce your intentions with a positive position in the road.

Turner Tronics 08 June 2013 09:52 PM

**** em

CREWJ 09 June 2013 01:57 PM

As said you are doing the right thing. Don't worry about it.