ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Wanted - Gary Moore suggestions (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/976866-wanted-gary-moore-suggestions.html)

David Lock 06 June 2013 06:31 PM

Wanted - Gary Moore suggestions

If I want to chill out I turn to music like this and to my all time favourite Roy Buchanan

I am not over familiar with Gary Moore's work so who can suggest something please

Thank you.

David

Alan Jeffery 06 June 2013 07:08 PM

Still got The Blues. Definitive.

Dave Y 06 June 2013 07:22 PM

Was he the England hooker ?

scoobygaz1 06 June 2013 07:34 PM

It`s meee :D

Kwik 06 June 2013 07:49 PM

Still got the blues

Parisian walkways

Make sure they are live versions.

Also check out his performance of Red House. In my opinion a great performance worthy of jimi's approval.

mgcvk 06 June 2013 09:03 PM

Pretty much anything apart from Dark Days in Paradise which is terrible pants. Revisit the old stuff, Victims of the Future, Wild Frontier (classic) even After the War, then the blues stuff. 70's Grinding Stone quite hard going. Such a shame to see him in terrible shape at the end of his life. One of my favourite guitarists.

mgcvk 06 June 2013 09:08 PM

...and end of the world. Dig up a live version of end of the world.

Oldun 07 June 2013 07:49 AM

One of my favourite artists.

For haunting atmospheric guitar....

and his take on a blues classic..

New_scooby_04 07 June 2013 09:39 AM

I'm not a big Blues fan, but few could play like Gary!!

I personally think "The Prophet" is his best work

Fat Boy 07 June 2013 09:58 AM

Need your love so bad came for a great album, Blues for Greeny, where Gary covered a lot of the original, and far away the best, Fleetwood Mac material using the guitar originally used by Peter Green himself before he discovered what pharmaceuticals can do to your central nervous system ....

David Lock 07 June 2013 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Fat Boy (Post 11112960)
Need your love so bad came for a great album, Blues for Greeny, where Gary covered a lot of the original, and far away the best, Fleetwood Mac material using the guitar originally used by Peter Green himself before he discovered what pharmaceuticals can do to your central nervous system ....

When I was a lad, all those years ago, Peter Green was my hero and Need Your Love So Bad was my favourite track. Probably still is. The tone of his playing was stunning.

So sad to see Peter now, his skills shot to pieces shuffling around on stage.

============

Thanks guys for all the input.

David

PS. If you like Peter's old stuff have a search for The Supernatural which he played when he was with John Mayall IIRC.

Wurzel 07 June 2013 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kwik (Post 11112396)
Still got the blues

Parisian walkways

Make sure they are live versions.

Also check out his performance of Red House. In my opinion a great performance worthy of jimi's approval.

Gary Moore - Parisienne Walkways - Live HD - YouTube

Are you sure that isn't James May? :D

Bonehead 07 June 2013 03:29 PM

I'm not the worlds biggest gary Moore fan but there's no denying he was one hell of a player:

tubbytommy 07 June 2013 03:32 PM

he is great,

wouldn't insure my car with anyone else!

New_scooby_04 07 June 2013 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11113216)
he is great,

wouldn't insure my car with anyone else!

:lol:

Chip 07 June 2013 07:06 PM

Saw Gary Moore quite a few times and he was a superb artist, such a shame when he passed at such a young age.

I swas peter Green a few years ago and he was still magnificent, Albatross sticking in my mind from the one gig.

Blues alive is a good album.

Chip

Fat Boy 08 June 2013 08:29 AM

Peter can still play...sort of ... but he's not a patch on what he was. I'm sadly old enough to remember him playing pre drugs.