ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Sky Europe Poll (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/976745-sky-europe-poll.html)

f1_fan 04 June 2013 11:17 PM

Sky Europe Poll

51% of people polled want to leave the EU.

Cameron must be a worried man... good :lol1:

ScoobyWon't 04 June 2013 11:21 PM

And that's exactly why he'll never allow us to have a referendum.

dpb 04 June 2013 11:35 PM

51..!.id say he's laughing

ditchmyster 05 June 2013 05:54 AM

I have to agree with dpb, that's easy enough to put a positive spin on as 50% of the 51% probably don't have a clue about Europe, they have SKY tv ffs, so that means 40% of them are on the dole sat in front of 50" flat screen tv drinking beer and smoking weed all day, most working people with mortgages, cars with mot, tax, insurance and household bills to pay can't afford SKY.:lol1:

f1_fan 05 June 2013 08:07 AM

Think you guys need to read the full poll information and compare it to the last one. The people polled weren't Sky subdcribers. The poll was conducted for Sky. It is interesting though that you equate voting out with basically being thick... A few on here like Warren will be very interested to read that ;)

dpb 05 June 2013 08:33 AM

If ukip were really on the up, it would be more like 60%.!!

jonc 05 June 2013 09:16 AM

Chances of Britain leaving the EU is very slim even if Nigel Farage became PM (very unlikely!!). If Cameron remained as PM after 2015 and was able to negotiate better terms to remain in the EU and upheld his promise for a referendum, I think number of people wanting to leave the EU will dwindle. If Miliband became PM on 2015, there will be no referendum (and he's a complete muppet anyway!). So our best chance of "having our cake and eating it" lies with hope that Cameron stays in power and renegotiate better terms.

In my opinion, come 2015 when the topic of the EU becomes the main "battle ground" of the main parties, when it comes down to putting your "X" on your ballot paper, the majority of the public will still be voting for the other 3 main parties.

Mouser 05 June 2013 11:12 AM

I wonder if the poll was conducted the length and breadth of the country and how many people were polled.

kevo10 05 June 2013 11:48 AM

I work and have sky!!

^Qwerty^ 05 June 2013 01:09 PM

When I went and signed on many years ago, I was given this booklet type thing which I had to take in every two weeks to get signed. It had lots of other information in it as well. Upon being handed the book for the first time and flicking through the pages, I enquired as to where the Sky Vouchers were, or how I got them.

To say that comment didn't go down well is an understatement.

Leslie 05 June 2013 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 11110690)
And that's exactly why he'll never allow us to have a referendum.

He will need to worry even more come the next election then!

Les

f1_fan 05 June 2013 04:51 PM

Anyone who thinks Cameron will give us a referendum is a Tory or an idiot which is effectively the same thing ;)

paulr 05 June 2013 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11110796)
If ukip were really on the up, it would be more like 60%.!!

Yes, Europe has never been less popular, and only 51%. Thats before we have all the party leaders on one platform campaigning to keep us in, plus Branson, Sugar, etc.

.................anyway, Cameron won't be the next PM, so it's irrelevant.