ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   PayPal debit card (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/976612-paypal-debit-card.html)

stualex 03 June 2013 09:20 PM

PayPal debit card

I don't know if its a new thing but just got my PayPal debit card through. Very handy, is used just like a normal bank card so if you have money in your PP account the card can be used anywhere that takes Mastercard, or for cash withdraws.

Wild Thing 03 June 2013 09:26 PM

Not that great, just be careful you could end up with a red face when its declined even though you have funds in your paypal account

Oldun 03 June 2013 09:27 PM

Being an internet trader, I've had one for more than 3 years now, great bit of kit, although you will get charged for withdrawing cash at a cash machine.

The majority of my customers pay by PayPal so the card is very handy.
I use the card at the Post Office to pay for postage and genarally use it the same as any debit card.

stualex 03 June 2013 09:29 PM

Have you had that happen. Obviously I've always got my normal card but was going to let the wife use it as she's doing a lot of buying and selling at the moment. would hate to see her look like a ****, honestly!!

Oldun 03 June 2013 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wild Thing (Post 11109638)
Not that great, just be careful you could end up with a red face when its declined even though you have funds in your paypal account

That was a problem last year, but that has been solved now.

stualex 03 June 2013 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Oldun (Post 11109642)
Being an internet trader, I've had one for more than 3 years now, great bit of kit, although you will get charged for withdrawing cash at a cash machine.

The majority of my customers pay by PayPal so the card is very handy.
I use the card at the Post Office to pay for postage and genarally use it the same as any debit card.

I think thats why I got it as been a business seller for a few years now, and the Post Office was going to be one of the main uses as it keeps better track of her ebay posting.

Wild Thing 03 June 2013 09:48 PM

I phoned them about it towards the end of last year. Girl tried to explain what was happening but did not make a great job of it. What I basically took out of it is anything that is pre-autorized will be declined. eg you go to asda petrol pump, put your card in and it will not authorised because it basically does not know the final amount that may be charged. I like yourselves have a paypal business acc. It is good for paying suppliers, business bills etc, but I never trust it beyond that in public facilities.

stevebt 04 June 2013 06:15 PM

I have one of those older type normal debit card where I just pay for things and it comes directly out of my bank account, I think I need to get with the times and get a paypal one :)

RobsyUK 04 June 2013 07:17 PM

Master card doing debit? Hmmmm