ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   how do I stand on this insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/976590-how-do-i-stand-on-this-insurance.html)

Mr Carr 03 June 2013 06:30 PM

how do I stand on this insurance

Had a great quote of sky insurance so I took it payed in full .they never asked me if a had a tracker on my car , but now my certificate has come though it states that with no tracker car would not be insured if stolen !!! Do I have to buy a tracker or should I argue the toss ? Cheers

Matt23 03 June 2013 06:39 PM

Get a tracker fitted ASAP and send the certificate to the insurance mate. Or just get a disklok if you don't want the tracker, but personally I would have the tracker done.

stualex 03 June 2013 06:45 PM

Unless the car is very expensive i.e a newer Subaru then the tracker shouldn't make a blind bit of difference. I told my insurance I had a tracker fitted and my quote didn't change one bit as the car is less than £5K. I just have it as piece of mind. I would certainly ring and find out because if you don't send them proof they will either refuse to pay out or just cancel your policy completely for not supplying required documnetation.

mrmadcap 03 June 2013 06:56 PM

I contacted my insurer (APlan) and asked if my insurance would be cheaper if I fitted a tracker. They said it would make no difference.

Mr Carr 03 June 2013 06:59 PM

Going have to give them a ring ! I sent off all my documents but they didnt ask for proof of a tracker .think its a bit crap how I was never ask , they just wanted to know that it had a cat 1 which it has !!

EOEUMC 03 June 2013 07:08 PM

I would cancel the insurance and get a refund, explaining that under no circumstances was there a tracker mentioned any where along the line.
Trackers may be ok but for what you pay out to have one fitted isn't really worth the money as you don't save any where near as much on the policy :(

nyscooby 03 June 2013 07:11 PM

If they never asked for this during the call, unless they said specifically, "there are certain terms i have not mentioned, and you have not agreed to, but you are obliged to undertake without knowledge during this call".......

your pretty much covered by law.

they are contractually obliged to offer what the said they would offer.

Call them, ask for a transcript of the call. Then contact the Financial Services Ombudsmen service to start a formal complaint.

simb 2 03 June 2013 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by nyscooby (Post 11109416)
If they never asked for this during the call, unless they said specifically, "there are certain terms i have not mentioned, and you have not agreed to, but you are obliged to undertake without knowledge during this call".......

your pretty much covered by law.

they are contractually obliged to offer what the said they would offer.

Call them, ask for a transcript of the call. Then contact the Financial Services Ombudsmen service to start a formal complaint.

Yep, give them a call and checked if it was recorded.

Si

nyscooby 03 June 2013 10:48 PM

or buy a uzi!! go on a rampage shouting "if it bleeds we can kill it" using your best Arni accent.....

The Trooper 1815 03 June 2013 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by simb 2 (Post 11109744)
Yep, give them a call and checked if it was recorded.

Si

Know it all :norty:

Mr Carr 04 June 2013 05:59 PM

Winner its all turned out sweet ! No tracker needed for me :thumb: thanks guys

skyinsurance 05 June 2013 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Carr (Post 11110325)
Winner its all turned out sweet ! No tracker needed for me :thumb: thanks guys

Hi,

feel free to PM me if you have any future queries but I am glad this is resolved.

Kind regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

tel: 01707 642552

SKY INSURANCE FACEBOOK

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...psf8bef167.jpg

Mr Carr 05 June 2013 10:16 AM

Thanks ollie all is well and really happy with my quote :-)

skyinsurance 05 June 2013 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Carr (Post 11110859)
Thanks ollie all is well and really happy with my quote :-)

:thumb: