ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   trouble after fitting new turbo (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/976519-trouble-after-fitting-new-turbo.html)

dawesy 02 June 2013 08:56 PM

trouble after fitting new turbo

hi all. just fitted injectors, spark plugs, sti top mount and a vf43 turbo to my 2001 bug wrx. starts great, ticks over perfect. I drove down the road just to warm so could do an oil change. once was warm I went to let the boost just cut in but the car judders and wont boost rite. I checked everything again but seems good. the only thing I could think of is the pipes going to turbo from 3 port. the turbo had a pipe from actuator and from housing t pieced. I took this off and put from 3 port like was on my td04. is that where the problem is ? has anyone else had this problem? cheers in advance for your help.

Infected by sti 02 June 2013 09:05 PM

Have you mapped it for those mods?

tubbytommy 02 June 2013 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Infected by sti (Post 11108549)
Have you mapped it for those mods?

:lol1:

what you reckon???

dawesy 02 June 2013 09:09 PM

hi, its mapped for td04 and other mods. would that be why it wont spool? I don't know, I have never been in this situation. dunce is mapping it 2morrow again for what I have put on, I thought that the car would just run lean or whatever before the map? cheers

Infected by sti 02 June 2013 09:09 PM

:D knew you would be here sooner or later :lol1:

I'm guessing no :brickwall

tubbytommy 02 June 2013 09:11 PM

its a mapping issue, I wouldn't drive it until duncs mapped it and it will be fine then.
you have changed loads of parts so the ecu has shat itself

Infected by sti 02 June 2013 09:11 PM

Happy days if its being mapped tomorrow :D

All your problems no doubt will disappear once fettled with :thumb:

dawesy 02 June 2013 09:11 PM

wanted to make sure it wasn't anything else that someone had done before. other wise if I let Duncan come out would be a wasted journey. if its just cos needs mapping then its good, otherwise I need to sort something else.

The Pink Ninja 02 June 2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by dawesy (Post 11108523)
the turbo had a pipe from actuator and from housing t pieced. I took this off and put from 3 port like was on my td04. is that where the problem is ? has anyone else had this problem? cheers in advance for your help.

That will be the last of your worries mate, Its got a turbo and injectors fitted that the ECU doesnt know how to control at the moment if its not mapped:thumb:

dawesy 02 June 2013 09:12 PM

thanks for your help all, was abit worried was something else. cheers again

Jafo666 02 June 2013 09:23 PM

It's the injectors doing that! Don't drive in boost till its mapped mate

dawesy 02 June 2013 09:30 PM

cheers all , mucho appreciated.

dynamix 07 June 2013 07:36 AM

pmsl at being called dunce lol

glad we got it sorted up at APT :thumb: