ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Meltham village Scoobyworx (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/976407-meltham-village-scoobyworx.html)

brooky123 01 June 2013 06:47 PM

Meltham village Scoobyworx

Hi all thought I would share that after looking for a place in Huddersfield that deal with our beloved scoobys I came across Meltham village Scoobyworx
They do everything from servicing and modifications to engine rebuilds and I found them to be very well priced,friendly and helpful I don't even think they advertise but they look after a fair few cars in the area! Needless to say I will be using them again and would recommend them to anyone :thumb:
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/...4/image-14.jpg

fingerscooby 01 June 2013 07:39 PM

Some nice motors there

brooky123 01 June 2013 09:05 PM

They had some great cars in when I was there! the white saloon in the left of the pic was very impressive owned and built by the owner of the company from totally standard to a very high spec and is still not finished :norty:

wardle88 02 June 2013 12:01 AM

I saw this place mentioned on facebook earlier today, some bloke bought a turbo that was described as mint then it turned up with no actuator or something?? It proper kicked off with a bunch of lads and some bird, made good reading lol

Jam13 02 June 2013 03:50 AM

Apparently this is the OP's place of work?! And she's the one that sold half a turbo, scammer alert!!! :D

wardle88 02 June 2013 09:23 AM

its proper kicking off now, all over an actuator!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/suba...=group_comment

scooblet 02 June 2013 10:32 AM

To be fair that guy is abit dumb not checking it for ages and you would notice if it don't have one straight away, not put it back in the box and kick off 3 weeks later.

nyscooby 02 June 2013 10:43 AM

Wonderful stuff... great opening post for that business.

nyscooby 02 June 2013 10:46 AM

not to mention introducing herself as a customer of her own garage

BONKERS!!

zippy! 02 June 2013 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jam13 (Post 11107729)
Apparently this is the OP's place of work?! And she's the one that sold half a turbo, scammer alert!!! :D

Hello everyone lets get one thing straight I run mv Scoobyworx and there was no scam whatsoever with that turbo (apart from the person who bought it trying to scam her that is) I took it off the car it originated from as the owner upgraded to a vf35 which he bought with NO actuator so he used the one from the 28 until he could get one for the 35. The buyer got the turbo very cheap due to that but was a damn good turbo. Also the op works at a place called all 4 motors NOT Meltham village Scoobyworx so let's get that right too. If somebody bought something from you and then 3 weeks later decided to start slating you I doubt you would be very happy or sympathetic either! Just wanted to clear that up thanks folks and thank you brooky glad you are happy :thumb:

wardle88 02 June 2013 11:29 AM

how can the person who bought it be trying to scam her? He paid £200 and got a turbo with no actuator.

I paid £150 for a VF28 from poleposition so £200 isnt exactly a bargain if its incomplete.

nyscooby 02 June 2013 05:54 PM

Not convinced at all. Sorry.

EOEUMC 02 June 2013 09:31 PM

I can't believe that some of the bitches have spilt on to SN (well I can really) the buyer of the turbo (on FB) ballsed himself up IMO due to stating that he never checked the turbo until around 3 weeks later, but said that he contacted the seller on the day he received the turbo stating he wasn't happy with it and wanted a re-fund!
Now if you haven't checked it properly to start with why would you ask for a re-fund straight away?

Sounds like someone cocked up (not seller) and thought they would try to cover their own butt by placing the blame elsewhere!

Anyway, a refund is being sorted so that really should be the end of the matter :D

As long as the work is good then hopefully its all good with the OP's recommendation :thumb:

zippy! 04 June 2013 12:14 AM

my garage took the turbo off and inspected it to check it was spot on thats all :thumb: and as all my customers will tell you my services are always spot on ;)

Jam13 04 June 2013 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by zippy! (Post 11109820)
my garage took the turbo off and inspected it to check it was spot on thats all :thumb: and as all my customers will tell you my services are always spot on ;)

I didn't mention anything about your garage doing any scamming, wasn't you that sold it ;)

ditchmyster 04 June 2013 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by zippy! (Post 11107909)
Hello everyone lets get one thing straight I run mv Scoobyworx and there was no scam whatsoever with that turbo (apart from the person who bought it trying to scam her that is) I took it off the car it originated from as the owner upgraded to a vf35 which he bought with NO actuator so he used the one from the 28 until he could get one for the 35. The buyer got the turbo very cheap due to that but was a damn good turbo. Also the op works at a place called all 4 motors NOT Meltham village Scoobyworx so let's get that right too. If somebody bought something from you and then 3 weeks later decided to start slating you I doubt you would be very happy or sympathetic either! Just wanted to clear that up thanks folks and thank you brooky glad you are happy :thumb:

Vicky Brook Iv told him to ring ma boss to sort it out which he hasn't done yet

Taken from fb.:Suspiciou

wardle88 04 June 2013 08:59 AM

Vicky Brook Here listen I will give u my bosses number u can talk to him about it I'm not effing u over at all the turbo is fine I'm not that kind ov person u put all this shizzle up on here be4 talking to me making me look like a dick 07415665042 ring him

I wonder who you get when you ring this number?

Darrell@Scoobyworx 07 June 2013 08:13 AM

Not to mention using our name ??

We at Scoobyworx would just like to make perfectly clear that we have absolutely no association with the company Meltham Village Scoobyworx.

Beware of this if you believe your buying from ourselves.

We have been trading as a sole trader until recently but protected our name back in 2011

We're moving into new premises currently and will be a ltd company going forward

Check companies house as we are fully registered company number 07622520

Name & Registered Office:
SCOOBYWORX LTD.
9 MEADOW CROFT SHAFTON
BARNSLEY
SOUTH YORKSHIRE
ENGLAND
S72 8PR
Company No: 07622520
Date of Incorporation: 05/05/2011
Country of Origin: United Kingdom

ScottishRayman 07 June 2013 05:51 PM

Two Scoobyworx now?? That could get very awkward if one is being tarred with these very negative comments on Facebook.

For the record I've bought some stuff from Scoobyworx and they were very good to deal with......bit confused which one now!!!