ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   1 year warranty - would you bother? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/975852-1-year-warranty-would-you-bother.html)

morpheus1870 26 May 2013 08:05 PM

1 year warranty - would you bother?

I'm living out in Doha Qatar and the subaru garage here only gives a 1 year warranty with it's sti due to local racers boosting and blowing the engines and trying to have the failures covered under the warranty. Extended 2 year warranty (3 in total) will cost an extra 5grand!

The cost of a new sti is 30k to start with. I'm considering the option but will not pay 5k more for something I should get as standard. Other option is I buy second hand from Dubai and drive over.
If You had the money would you buy new with the crappy warranty? Or just go used?

tubbytommy 26 May 2013 08:07 PM

the 3 year warranty in the uk isn't worth anything as i.m.just try to get out of every single claim anyway.

surely an engine rebuild wont cost 5k so I wouldn't bother.

F1 CJE UK 26 May 2013 11:44 PM

With tommy, 5k would cover a good build!

scoobyboy1 27 May 2013 09:56 AM

How do mate!!! Hows sunny Qatar???

I saw our old black blobeye last month in Enfield. 1st time I saw it in 7 years!!! Still going strong by the looks of it!!!!

Norman Dog 27 May 2013 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11101182)
the 3 year warranty in the uk isn't worth anything as i.m.just try to get out of every single claim anyway.

surely an engine rebuild wont cost 5k so I wouldn't bother.

I've heard Mohammed Allah Akbar Maktoum Motorsport will totally rebuild your engine for a fee of 3 camels and your first born son. :thumb:

The Pink Ninja 27 May 2013 11:28 AM

Go for a trip to Japan and buy a proper one for less cash :thumb:

morpheus1870 08 June 2013 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Norman Dog (Post 11101631)
I've heard Mohammed Allah Akbar Maktoum Motorsport will totally rebuild your engine for a fee of 3 camels and your first born son. :thumb:

:cuckoo:

morpheus1870 08 June 2013 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11101620)
How do mate!!! Hows sunny Qatar???

I saw our old black blobeye last month in Enfield. 1st time I saw it in 7 years!!! Still going strong by the looks of it!!!!

Hey bruv things are good here albeit very hot! The blob was a solid car good to hear its still going strong!

Problem here in doha is the garages here are ****e customer service is non existent and cars are over priced. Plus after care is terrible. Dubai on the other hand has many performance tunning garages that are well know and reputable. I considered importing from dubai however all cars coming into doha cant be older than 5 years. Otherwise I would have been looking for a 2.0t

I think it's going to have to be an evo X. Far more common here with much stronger engines and more garages who know about them. Plus warranty is 5 years.

Back to the dark side once again me thinks...

ditchmyster 08 June 2013 06:39 AM

Dark side it is then.:lol1: