ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Well that was hard (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/975447-well-that-was-hard.html)

Jamo 31 August 2013 08:50 PM

be proud! I strongly believe they are now doing good, my very good friend just returned from his second tour of afghan.

mrmadcap 31 August 2013 09:04 PM

Excellent news, tell him well done:thumb:

AndyBaker 31 August 2013 09:06 PM

Thanks guys, they all deserve a massive pat on the back in my eyes

Leslie 02 September 2013 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by AndyBaker (Post 11195518)
Pleased to say that my son came home very recently in one piece and whilst having seen some harrowing things he believes we are there to make things better. I knew I'd be proud of him but ............. He gave us a certificate marking our 25th wedding anniversary together with the actual American flag that was flying over Bastion on that day (together with photo). He also got a commendation from the The U S Commander for his "efforts" whilst there (another certificate) so all is good at the Baker household :) :)

Thats such good news. He must have done a very good job out there and I expect you are rightfully very proud of him.

I am glad that all your worries are gone now.

Les

Mouser 02 September 2013 04:39 PM

Well done Ben and all the other lads and lasses! :thumb:

David Lock 02 September 2013 05:12 PM

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb::thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

david

Peedee 02 September 2013 05:13 PM

Glad he's back safe and sound Mate, you must be very proud! When's his medal parade?

AndyBaker 02 September 2013 05:29 PM

Thanks for the replies chaps, they are very much appreciated. Peedee he says he will be having a medal and honours ceremony at some point soon after he goes back on the 11th Sept. He should have been awarded his medal for the Libya operation but it was while he was away so he'll get them both together I would think.

Thanks again Andy

P.S. David you were nearly as pleased as me :) :)

David Lock 02 September 2013 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by AndyBaker (Post 11197475)
Thanks for the replies chaps, they are very much appreciated. Peedee he says he will be having a medal and honours ceremony at some point soon after he goes back on the 11th Sept. He should have been awarded his medal for the Libya operation but it was while he was away so he'll get them both together I would think.

Thanks again Andy

P.S. David you were nearly as pleased as me :) :)

Post 7 explains :)

Seriously though pleased he is back safe and sound. I bet mum is happy.

d

AndyBaker 02 September 2013 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=David Lock;11197506]Post 7 explains :)

Seriously though pleased he is back safe and sound. I bet mum is happy.

d[/QUOTE

Ah, now I see :thumb: and his mum is so happy she is already nagging about "the shoes left in the hall, the dirty clothes on the landing, the always empty fridge" and don't get me started on how much toilet roll we've been using since he got back - anyway thanks David I wouldn't swap him for the world :). Andy

Turbohot 04 September 2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by AndyBaker (Post 11197553)

Ah, now I see :thumb: and his mum is so happy she is already nagging about "the shoes left in the hall, the dirty clothes on the landing, the always empty fridge" and don't get me started on how much toilet roll we've been using since he got back - anyway thanks David I wouldn't swap him for the world :). Andy

Kids, eh. All that mess they cause and their fridge raiding is much missed. I miss my kid's music rakkit when she goes back to uni. It took me long time to adjust with the absence of my son when he moved out. It was very hard.

Glad to know that your son is back home safe and sound, Andy. :thumb:

AndyBaker 04 September 2013 02:43 PM

I know what you mean about the house being a bit quite, my daughter doesn't go to Uni until next year so we still have lots of music :)