ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2013-2014 Liverpool FC Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/975298-the-2013-2014-liverpool-fc-thread.html)

DJ Dunk 20 May 2013 06:23 PM

The 2013-2014 Liverpool FC Thread

Thank Christ that's over :lol1:

Time for a fresh start and to turn a corner. Maybe this year we'll buy that final piece of the jigsaw :D

Here's to a good start to the season this time and maybe even something to play for after Christmas :thumb:

Funkii Munkii 21 May 2013 05:27 PM

Rome wasn't built in a day and from what I have seen this season Brendan has done alright, he just needs to have periods of consistancy longer than 2 games, if he manages that I will be a little concerned.

I suppose it also depends who everyone buys this summer, I can see it being nuts again :D

tubbytommy 21 May 2013 05:29 PM

6th if yah lucky.

pauld37 22 May 2013 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 11095215)
Thank Christ that's over :lol1:

Time for a fresh start and to turn a corner. Maybe this year we'll buy that final piece of the jigsaw :D

Here's to a good start to the season this time and maybe even something to play for after Christmas :thumb:

:lol1:

STEVEBOXER 22 May 2013 07:17 PM

Probably have 20 million plus player sales to spend, can't afford to waste money on anymore Andy Carroll,s but given time I think Brendan could be the one to get us back into the top 4!

DJ Dunk 22 May 2013 09:37 PM

I can certainly see a few out this year.

Carroll, Reina, Skrtel, Coates, Spearing, Ngoo, Pacheco & Wilson I'd expect. Maybe Allen and Borini too.

Papadopoulos in at CB would be nice and Toure would give us some experience at the back.

This year will be where Rodgers will get the chance to make his mark.

daveyorks 22 May 2013 10:01 PM

liverpool have some really good young players,remember this name......Jordan Rossiter-the next Steven Gerrard!

pauld37 29 May 2013 06:52 AM

:eek: What a coup, Kolo Toure!!! Liverpool mean business this season, getting worried now!

pauld37 29 May 2013 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 11097644)
and Toure would give us some experience at the back.

In other words, he's old and past it! :lol1:

DJ Dunk 29 May 2013 09:01 AM

He's the new Kyrgiakos ;) Decent squad player and gives us options. Good for a freebie and probably had to take a big drop in wages.

DJ Dunk 29 May 2013 12:02 PM

Looks like Valdes to Monaco and Reina to Barca is looking likely to happen pretty soon. Maybe Bevovic in as replacement.

DJ Dunk 30 May 2013 09:45 AM

Iago Aspas and Luis Alberto in. Suarez out? I still think so.

Funkii Munkii 30 May 2013 11:43 AM

Who ?

ilogikal1 30 May 2013 01:14 PM

Suarez; he's the one who tried to eat Ivano... oh, wait, you meant the other ones. ;)

Ant 30 May 2013 06:43 PM

Looks like Suarez is testing the water releasing a statement "hard to say no to Real Madrid"

I could see benzema being part of the deal

pauld37 31 May 2013 05:11 PM

The Goofy One feels persecuted :cry:, wonder why? :wonder:

yellowvanman 31 May 2013 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 11106404)
The Goofy One feels persecuted :cry:, wonder why? :wonder:

I am more than happy to laugh at Liverpool, but after they, perhaps foolishly, stood by him, despite him embarrassing them repeatedly, now he is using his own poor behaviour to engineer a move to a big club. Even Liverpool do not deserve to be treated that way, I hope they finally see he has been more trouble than he is worth, and cash in on him and thereby allow him to screw with another clubs reputation.

richie001 31 May 2013 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 11106442)
I am more than happy to laugh at Liverpool, but after they, perhaps foolishly, stood by him, despite him embarrassing them repeatedly, now he is using his own poor behaviour to engineer a move to a big club. Even Liverpool do not deserve to be treated that way, I hope they finally see he has been more trouble than he is worth, and cash in on him and thereby allow him to screw with another clubs reputation.

:thumb:

DJ Dunk 01 June 2013 09:03 AM

perhaps foolishly, stood by him

What would any other club do in the same position? Protecting their investment in the only way possible without showing approval for his actions. In what way is that foolish? What do you think they should have done?

I hope they finally see

Patronising, much? :lol1: The club are fully aware of Suarez' worth, £40m. Nobody will stop him if someone wants to stump up the cash. Agent/Player says he wants a move, club say he's not for sale. All part of the circus. It comes down to one thing, money. The only one's who care about football and loyalty these days are fans. If he stays, fine, do your job, score goals. If he leaves, fine, he'll be replaced.

Suarez is a grade A dick, that's plain to see and the media love it. But he's our grade A dick.

yellowvanman 01 June 2013 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 11106975)
What would any other club do in the same position? Protecting their investment in the only way possible without showing approval for his actions. In what way is that foolish? What do you think they should have done?

Fully understand protecting the investment, but they did effectively approve of his actions, the way the racist thing was dealt with was embarrassing for Liverpool, and was surely a contributing factor to King Kenny loosing his job.

Patronising, much? :lol1: The club are fully aware of Suarez' worth, £40m. Nobody will stop him if someone wants to stump up the cash. Agent/Player says he wants a move, club say he's not for sale. All part of the circus. It comes down to one thing, money. The only one's who care about football and loyalty these days are fans. If he stays, fine, do your job, score goals. If he leaves, fine, he'll be replaced.

Suarez is a grade A dick, that's plain to see and the media love it. But he's our grade A dick.

Patronising? maybe. And yes of course it all come down to money.

Fully understand the loyalty to your own, hey we had Cantona!

Aaron1978 01 June 2013 01:07 PM

100% bang on.

All banter aside, if you replace the name Suarez above with Rooney it rings true for United fans too:thumb:

DJ Dunk 01 June 2013 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 11107046)
they did effectively approve of his actions, the way the racist thing was dealt with was embarrassing for Liverpool

I agree, it was a PR disaster. But in what way did they approve of his (alleged) actions?

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 11107046)
hey we had Cantona!

Yes, even SAF agreed that the FA can't be trusted when he spoke of what Cantona did. Personally, I'm surprised Cantona was allowed to set foot on a pitch again, but that's another conversation.

addi monster 01 June 2013 06:45 PM

I think this season will either make or break Rodgers, Coutinho looks like he will be one of our better players this season after settling in nicely,
I hope we can lure some more players of his quality through the door.

yellowvanman 01 June 2013 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 11107317)
I agree, it was a PR disaster. But in what way did they approve of his actions?

The t shirts.

Originally Posted by yellowvanman
Even Liverpool do not deserve to be treated that way

Banter apart, I meant what I said above.

Oldun 02 June 2013 08:17 AM

I really do hope that Suarez goes.
No player is bigger than the club.
An amazing talent but so unpredictable and lacking loyalty to the club and fans.
He says he doesn't like the bad press, solution is simple, don't be so stupid and make childish mistakes to get yourself the bad press.

How many clubs have had an outstanding player leave that has spawned the worry that the talented player can't be replaced?
There is always talent available, finding it is the big task.

DJ Dunk 02 June 2013 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 11107641)
The t shirts.

Not the best choice from a PR point of view, by the players, not Kenny or the club. But at that time they were supporting their colleague, nothing else, before the case went to trial where it was one mans word against another. I'm not saying he didn't do it, but the club did not and does not support racism of any kind.

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 11107641)
Banter apart, I meant what I said above.

:thumb:

In all honesty, we can do without trouble makers. I'd be happy if he leaves for a decent sum. Just not right at the end of the window meaning we have to get Carroll back :D

hodgy0_2 02 June 2013 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Oldun (Post 11107768)
How many clubs have had an outstanding player leave that has spawned the worry that the talented player can't be replaced?
There is always talent available, finding it is the big task.

totally agree, man u won the treble very soon after the "irreplaceable" Cantona left

Funkii Munkii 05 June 2013 02:01 PM

Warrior have out done themselves this season, if you thought the purple was bad I have no words for this....

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013...88_634x672.jpg

DJ Dunk 05 June 2013 02:28 PM

They were doing the rounds a while back, much to the disgust of many :lol1: I quite like the white one, has an 80's/90's shellsuit vibe about it :D The 3rd strip is appalling.

ilogikal1 05 June 2013 02:37 PM

On the bright side for him, it may be the only time Hannibal is subjected to the humiliation of wearing it. ;)