ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Its quite amazing (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/974070-its-quite-amazing.html)

EOEUMC 07 May 2013 11:33 AM

Its quite amazing

How many spotted threads that have been started with 0 replies. I mean there's loads of us on the roads but there seems to be fewer on-line :(

fergal69 07 May 2013 09:13 PM

I've been thinking that as well.

If you check my was it you posts there has only been one positive response, so I've not bothered posting any further was it you.

Makes you wonder if they are enthusiast or just owning an Impreza based on their reputation.

That leads onto another subject of flashing/waving, as I've had very few acknowledge when flashed/waved at, but have had a few funny looks.

Also, keep looking at the was it you posts to see if I've been spotted, but no-one has posted they've seen me yet.

Perhaps we ought to have a I've been spotted on Scoobynet sticker

steve-s 07 May 2013 09:36 PM

I alwsys look to see if ive been spotted but nothing, I wave at other scoobs but only get the odd response.

romford-boy 07 May 2013 10:15 PM

I also look to see if I've been spotted. I'm pretty sure I've seen a few members from here.

Generally I find STI owners wave back, classic owners less so. Came across lots of STI owners in Chelmsford last week waving at me.

EOEUMC 08 May 2013 09:14 AM

There are a lot of scooby owners that don't wave back and I notice that the newage drivers seems to be more ignorant to a classic driver :( Don't know if some of them think their more snobbish or what :wonder: lol

I always look in this forum when there's a new post made as you never know, it might be you there talking about :D lol

Not that that's happened much :Suspiciou

nyscooby 08 May 2013 09:24 AM

Maybe there should be a section in the forum for new drivers to introduce them-self...

I am as guilty however..! of not being polite.

But..! there are so many posts that go un-answered or get answered with Sh1te comments with bad advice...

nyscooby 08 May 2013 09:25 AM

I also wave at everyone, even non-scooby drivers...

I wave at buses and sometime pedestrians...

daveyorks 08 May 2013 09:31 AM

i only ever see subaru's when im out in my BMW so no point waving!

EOEUMC 08 May 2013 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by daveyorks (Post 11082784)
i only ever see subaru's when im out in my BMW so no point waving!

I used to be like that when I had the old E36 convertible :( lol

Worlasshasansti 08 May 2013 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by nyscooby (Post 11082773)
I also wave at everyone, even non-scooby drivers...

I wave at buses and sometime pedestrians...

:lol1: :lol1:

I see loads of imprezas round my way, I live in a small village/sh*thole in Newcastle and someone's just bought a P1 looks to be in great condition, it lives on the side of the main road :eek: but I don't think he's on here either.

Mick

perkyjester 09 May 2013 12:50 PM

As a classic wagon owner i find that it is the sti owners that dont aknowledge when i wave /flash especially around worcester area maybe its because i drive a lesser model who knows wont stop me being polite / friendly

tubbytommy 09 May 2013 12:56 PM

i dont flash or wave because your all chav cnuts:hjtwofing

Osimabu 09 May 2013 12:58 PM

I spotted myself driving my Subaru in the reflection from a shop window the other day. I did wonder whether to post that up, but I knew I wouldn't get any replies, so I didn't.

Joking apart, last weekend it seemed that all the winter hibernating cars (mine included) had finally emerged. I reckon I spotted about 10 different Imprezas, sadly none of them whilst driving my own though.

perkyjester 09 May 2013 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11083941)
i dont flash or wave because your all chav cnuts:hjtwofing

Er definately not chav material 37 married 2 kids familly fun vehicle granted there are some tw..s driving these things but u cant lable every one the
same !

EOEUMC 09 May 2013 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by perkyjester (Post 11083945)
Er definately not chav material 37 married 2 kids familly fun vehicle granted there are some tw..s driving these things but u cant lable every one the
same !

Ignore him, he's being his usual tubby self :Suspiciou

Scooby Jo 09 May 2013 11:44 PM

I always wave and post many Was It You threads, although my most recent success was with a Focus RS driver :thumb: I do think some don't wave as they probably reckon the car is hubby's not mine :(

fergal69 10 May 2013 05:59 AM

Here's a another thought......

If people aren't posting replies to was it you, could it be they don't want to own up being seen because they have been spotted some where they should't be?

If so, perhaps they ought to get a Ford Focus to blend in & be more non descript. Subaru Impreza's have always stood out from every other cars on the road.

EOEUMC 10 May 2013 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by fergal69 (Post 11084760)
Here's a another thought......

If people aren't posting replies to was it you, could it be they don't want to own up being seen because they have been spotted some where they should't be?

If so, perhaps they ought to get a Ford Focus to blend in & be more non descript. Subaru Impreza's have always stood out from every other cars on the road.

Good point :thumb: Naughty naughty :Suspiciou lol

They do stand out some what and as there's not too many standard looking ones about, then there more conspicuous :lol1: