ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Japanese Auto Extravaganza (JAE) 12th-15th September - Wickstead Park, Northampton (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/973451-japanese-auto-extravaganza-jae-12th-15th-september-wickstead-park-northampton.html)

frayz 30 April 2013 12:41 AM

Japanese Auto Extravaganza (JAE) 12th-15th September - Wickstead Park, Northampton

Guys,

I've been contacted by Nigel who is one of the main men behind the organisation that is JAE.

JAE is held at Wickstead Park, Northamptionshire one the 12th to 15th September 2013.

Here is a copy of my current liaison with Nigel after he contacted me via our Facebook page. (Which is proving popular I may add). :)

"Thanks for getting in contact Frayz.

I am trying to gain awareness for JAE and obviously would like your club to attend.
Have you been to JAE before?
If your club wanted to attend for the weekend then you get a free club stand space which is 20m x 20m and on that you can get roughly 10 cars and tents. If you wanted to bring 20 cars then you would need another 20m x 20m stand which costs £25.
4 day advanced tickets are £25 and on the gate £35. We also have a day visitor section for £15 on the day.

I have attached an invite that holds some key details to show to your club members and there is also our new website to visit.

See what interest you get and if you need more info then I live in Essex near Maldon if you need to meet.
Regards"

All the JAE info can be found here: www.japcarclub.com

Now personally I won't be attending this. However, if anyone wishes to organise an ESOC stand there and wis to take a lead on it then feel free.

Please let me know your interest if you would like to do this.

Cheers, frayz. :thumb:

matttp1 30 April 2013 07:11 AM

Previous car clubs/forums used to swear this was the best Jap car show on the calendar, I've not been but seen some awesome vids and pics. I have suggested it to the Mrs, the look of disdain which greated the word camping I would think meant "no":thumb:

dibbleyuk 30 April 2013 08:48 AM

I went a few years in a row when I had my supra was a great show but once they lost peterborough show ground I think it was it didn't seem to pull in the numbers as much.

simon57 04 May 2013 09:44 AM

Guys.

This is one of the best static jap only car events you can go to.

ive been lucky to attend all the peterborough and wickstead park events with some cracking members. (apart from the datsun owner)

Rock up friday,pitch your tents, polish your cars, and start your drinking all the way through to sunday morning..

Cracking weekend with every jap car club present throughout the country..

you wont be diapointed if you can get a group going..and dont forget your barbecues...:thumb:

Emmaroids 04 May 2013 09:47 AM

I'd be definitely interested in this :thumb:

frayz 04 May 2013 11:47 AM

Well if someone would like to take a lead on it. Feel free :)

kin quick 04 May 2013 08:17 PM

Echo what Simon57 said (including the Datsun driver bit lol), have had some brilliant times at JAE, loads of top cars, great people, loads of activities to join in with or watch, and the bar sells Carling!

Get a few guys together, a big gazebo for the bbq and take plenty of food and beer.

GTR Cook 05 May 2013 09:46 PM

Oi, leave us Datsun owners alone!

Si, remember you rendition of "Oh Carol"?

simon57 05 May 2013 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by GTR Cook (Post 11080772)
Oi, leave us Datsun owners alone!

Si, remember you rendition of "Oh Carol"?

Cost me a nokia that one fella. breakdancing got a bit out of hand....

freestyling rock the microphone....

if i had the old girl id be up for it again.

Forgot to mention plenty of tity girls floating about too. so bring your long lense..

tubbytommy 05 May 2013 10:06 PM

its a great show, i live in kettering and have been up a few times. always very busy