ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Bc coil overs ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/973443-bc-coil-overs.html)

ad uk 29 April 2013 11:10 PM

Bc coil overs ??

Are Bc coil overs ok for the money I know there one of the cheaper suspension but what are everyone's views as I'm just going to start looking to upgrade my handling abit now I'm running sti shocks and springs at the min cheers guys

the shreksta 29 April 2013 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by ad uk (Post 11074973)
Are Bc coil overs ok for the money I know there one of the cheaper suspension but what are everyone's views as I'm just going to start looking to upgrade my handling abit now I'm running sti shocks and springs at the min cheers guys

i too would like to know if these are good enough for fast road

New_scooby_04 29 April 2013 11:14 PM

Best Coil overs I've had for UK roads. Stick with comfort spring rates though; don't fall into the trap of thinking harder = better. My advice would always be to try and get a ride in a car equipped with the ones you're considering on roads representative of the ones your car would spend most of its time on. Suspension choice is a very personal thing; get it wrong and it'll ruin your enjoyment of the car.

Ns04

veerinder9 29 April 2013 11:14 PM

Many ppl suggest them and they are worth it and claim they are alot better than stock suspension, theres many threads about them :)

RICHARD J 29 April 2013 11:15 PM

For fast road & track days they are fine. Compared to standard they are great & excellent value for money. I would only consider spending more if for competition use.

Paullen 29 April 2013 11:18 PM

Ive had several coilovers on different cars, my BC's are by far the best. Waaay better than my old Tein superstreets.

Set on soft its a better ride than my OEM shocks and lowering springs.

ditchmyster 30 April 2013 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 11074979)
Best Coil overs I've had for UK roads. Stick with comfort spring rates though; don't fall into the trap of thinking harder = better. My advice would always be to try and get a ride in a car equipped with the ones you're considering on roads representative of the ones your car would spend most of its time on. Suspension choice is a very personal thing; get it wrong and it'll ruin your enjoyment of the car.

Ns04

^^What he said^^ :thumb:

domino46 30 April 2013 07:28 AM

Quite a few of my mates have had these fitted ,,sme have the road one and some have the track ones ,,ER series,, but they have all had problems with them from seizing up to knocking to corroding parts (adjusters),,,,so I won't be fitting any anytime soon

the shreksta 30 April 2013 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 11075080)
Quite a few of my mates have had these fitted ,,sme have the road one and some have the track ones ,,ER series,, but they have all had problems with them from seizing up to knocking to corroding parts (adjusters),,,,so I won't be fitting any anytime soon

hhhmmmmm not good,what caused this?

fpan 30 April 2013 09:01 AM

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the suspension section?
There are lots of threads posted in teh wrong section which only makes searching worse.

JDM_Stig 30 April 2013 09:24 AM

you would be better using the search function, there are many, many threads on BC`s.

Streetracersti 30 April 2013 09:52 AM

I got BC RM series fitted 2 weeks ago and ...
Because the are inverted ( upside down ) all adjustment needs to be done from the bottom and you will need extenders fitted as well , which are 25quid for pair - so extra 50 quid added to the price - BC website doesn't say anything about it , and I wasn't really happy
Also you can not get standard sti high ride as coilovers won't go that far up - so car is 10mm lower - and again ,nothing said on their webside .
I think now look perfect - not to low not to high

But ... Car stick to the road as never before - U can almost double the speed thru the corners :)) Really enjoy it

Even on fully soft option is still stiffer as standart STI
They are much lighter as they made from aluminium

I'd say good value for money :) - but if U want to mess with stiffnes get BC BR as they got adjusters at the top :)

Doobs Scoob 30 April 2013 10:00 AM

I've got BC BR's and can't fault them. Spot on for the UK roads and I can stiffen them up for the track when needed.

Improved the handling no end.

CarBen Fibre Creations 30 April 2013 10:32 AM

I have BC Coilovers on mine and they do the job perfectly, also if you are wanting a new set give me a shout we can now supply them :)

ROSCO99 30 April 2013 10:44 AM

Got the br ones on mine went for the 5-4 spring rating totally transforms the car well worth the money.

Markfey 30 April 2013 11:07 AM

Buy them but make sure you get them fitted properly with someone who can do a full geo set up and reep the full benefit of them.

BIG FUD 30 April 2013 11:16 AM

Give ya head a wobble .

You get what you pay for look at 22b-mlr series time attack.

See who is running bc coilovers.For me sti standard suspension was and is more thn good enough pay the extra £500 bro and get the B053 KIT fitted you have a very fast motor rolling down the road or driving down the road.

Do the right thing.

BIG FUD 30 April 2013 11:21 AM

Double post.

Sti Addict 30 April 2013 11:39 AM

I had BC Br on a previous car, I thought they were crap!

Worked ok for a 5/6k, then the ride became terrible, the coilovers seized up, and the adjusters stopped working.

Crashed and banged over tiny bumps. Went for a spin in a car with Kw fitted, what a difference!

When the shocks on my current car give up it will be Kw's I will go for.

Sti Addict 30 April 2013 11:48 AM

I had BC Br on a previous car, I thought they were crap!

Worked ok for a 5/6k, then the ride became terrible, the coilovers seized up, and the adjusters stopped working.

Crashed and banged over tiny bumps. Went for a spin in a car with Kw fitted, what a difference!

When the shocks on my current car give up it will be Kw's I will go for.

ad uk 30 April 2013 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by BIG FUD (Post 11075232)
Give ya head a wobble .

You get what you pay for look at 22b-mlr series time attack.

See who is running bc coilovers.For me sti standard suspension was and is more thn good enough pay the extra £500 bro and get the B053 KIT fitted you have a very fast motor rolling down the road or driving down the road.

Do the right thing.

:) cheers big en

tubbytommy 30 April 2013 12:48 PM

i think they are good, i had teins before and they were far too hard.
i cant fault them and they ride better than standard shocks

i added whiteline arbs and antilift kit with cdf droplinks. handles great on the road and you can stiffen it up for the track in 5 mins.

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps276bfd18.jpg

Paben 30 April 2013 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11075309)
i think they are good, i had teins before and they were far too hard.
i cant fault them and they ride better than standard shocks

i added whiteline arbs and antilift kit with cdf droplinks. handles great on the road and you can stiffen it up for the track in 5 mins.

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps276bfd18.jpg

I'm looking to fit coilovers and the BC price is attractive. But yours look like they've hardly been used or you maintain/clean them very regularly? This may be the right way to avoid seized adjusters etc but perhaps they are not really the fit and forget units that most people want.

tubbytommy 30 April 2013 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11075413)
I'm looking to fit coilovers and the BC price is attractive. But yours look like they've hardly been used or you maintain/clean them very regularly? This may be the right way to avoid seized adjusters etc but perhaps they are not really the fit and forget units that most people want.

i take the wheels off the car every couple of months and give my brakes and coilovers and other bits a good clean, i paid a fair bit of money for this set up so i like to look after it.

i hose all the dirt of the coilovers and give them a quick spray and wipe of wd40 and the adjusters still move after a year and a hlaf as they did on the day they were fitted.

they shocks are exposed to all sorts of crap and salt so its hardly suprising they get rusty etc, the standard shocks are no different.

Scooby B 30 April 2013 04:55 PM

Had mine on for about 3 years now, no problems apart from being a little creaky and firm. (But that was to be expected).

Dave-W- 30 April 2013 05:00 PM

had mine on nearly 2 years no issues :thumb:

Maz 30 April 2013 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11075550)
i take the wheels off the car every couple of months and give my brakes and coilovers and other bits a good clean, i paid a fair bit of money for this set up so i like to look after it.

i hose all the dirt of the coilovers and give them a quick spray and wipe of wd40 and the adjusters still move after a year and a hlaf as they did on the day they were fitted.

they shocks are exposed to all sorts of crap and salt so its hardly suprising they get rusty etc, the standard shocks are no different.

Sage advice Tubster. :thumb:

sweden 30 April 2013 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by CarBen Fibre Creations (Post 11075196)
I have BC Coilovers on mine and they do the job perfectly, also if you are wanting a new set give me a shout we can now supply them :)

Might want to update your web site non showing on there :thumb:

blackpoolrock 30 April 2013 05:51 PM

I've got them - they are starting to knock and the ride night is seazed ! Ill be going Kw soon

Maz 30 April 2013 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by blackpoolrock (Post 11075646)
I've got them - they are starting to knock and the ride night is seazed ! Ill be going Kw soon

:wonder: