ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Rolf Harris...... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/972382-rolf-harris.html)

jonc 19 April 2013 12:10 PM

Rolf Harris......

:Suspiciou

Tidgy 19 April 2013 12:17 PM

tbh i think the whole thing is becoming silly now, they seem to be arresting folks all over the place.

'Their witches i tell thee, burn them!' sound familiar?

legb4rsk 19 April 2013 12:17 PM

I can't see what it is yet.:wonder:

Tidgy 19 April 2013 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 11063751)
I can't see what it is yet.:wonder:

rolf harris has been arrested and questioned as part of operation yewhunt, sorry yewtree. released on bail, no charges filled against him

dpb 19 April 2013 12:19 PM

Two little boys?

riiidaa 19 April 2013 12:27 PM

• Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11063753)
    Two little boys?

very good

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 19 April 2013 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11063750)
tbh i think the whole thing is becoming silly now, they seem to be arresting folks all over the place.

Perhaps because the veil of secrecy has finally been lifted?

alcazar 19 April 2013 12:39 PM

Can you tell what he is yet?

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 19 April 2013 12:43 PM

Operation Fernbridge is the real one to watch

Tidgy 19 April 2013 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat (Post 11063763)
Perhaps because the veil of secrecy has finally been lifted?

possibly but have any charges been brought yet because of it?

Right now were in a situation where media are naming poeple and folks are assuming there guilty.

dpb 19 April 2013 01:09 PM

One particular female apparently,

Who hasn't raised the subject all these years.....

BlkKnight 19 April 2013 02:59 PM

http://theneedleblog.wordpress.com/category/fernbridge/

Geezer 19 April 2013 03:03 PM

Now this is how to abuse! ;)

Geezer

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 19 April 2013 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11063793)
One particular female apparently,

Who hasn't raised the subject all these years.....

Not sure what your point is. Perhaps she did raise it at the time and was blown out, or thought (quite reasonably) that she would be so didn't bother. Either way, if he's been arrested it sounds like he has a case to answer.

hodgy0_2 19 April 2013 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 11063849)
Now this is how to abuse! ;)

Geezer

must not let the wife see that!!!, she might get suspicious

i tell her it is good for sore throats

Tidgy 19 April 2013 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat (Post 11063852)
Not sure what your point is. Perhaps she did raise it at the time and was blown out, or thought (quite reasonably) that she would be so didn't bother. Either way, if he's been arrested it sounds like he has a case to answer.

Being arrested means nothing as far as guilt or being charged its to do with being detained to answer questions.

Extract form gov website

'If you’re arrested, you’ll usually be taken to a police station, held in custody in a cell and then questioned.
After you have been taken to a police station, you may be released or charged with a crime.'

In this case he's been released to return to the station at a given time aka police bail.

All they have done is ask him some questions, nothing more, nothing less. Yet you've already assumed he's done something, just like the media make the reports sound.

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 19 April 2013 03:33 PM

At no point have I said he's done anything, but then I've not said he's done nothing either. And it needs 'reasonable grounds' to arrest someone so like I say, it would appear he has a case to answer.

Tidgy 19 April 2013 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat (Post 11063866)
At no point have I said he's done anything, but then I've not said he's done nothing either. And it needs 'reasonable grounds' to arrest someone so like I say, it would appear he has a case to answer.

An accusation is enough to get someone brought in for questioning due to the current public outcry about it all and the seriousness of the accusation.

Accusations can be fabricated, you admit you say 'it appears' he has a case to answer, yet have no knowledge of the exact allogations or if theres any evidence of a crime being commited.

alcazar 19 April 2013 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat (Post 11063866)

Jesus, whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty?"

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 19 April 2013 03:57 PM

I'm going on the information to hand; he's been arrested and questioned, his house searched, and has been bailed pending further inquiries until May. In light of this, it is more than just a case of he-said she-said.

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 19 April 2013 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11063882)
Jesus, whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty?"

Point to the bit where I said he was guilty of anything?

Kwik 19 April 2013 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat (Post 11063885)
I'm going on the information to hand; he's been arrested and questioned, his house searched, and has been bailed pending further inquiries until May. In light of this, it is more than just a case of he-said she-said.

Here you are insinuating there is more than just suspicion. If you made an accusation, it would have to be followed up. Unfortunately people make assumptions as it's more dramatic.

stilover 19 April 2013 04:25 PM

Wonder what he said to his victim/s?

"can you guess where my hand is yet?"

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 19 April 2013 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kwik (Post 11063902)
Here you are insinuating there is more than just suspicion.

No I'm not!

Kwik 19 April 2013 04:48 PM

it is more than just a case of he-said she-said.

He/She said would be the accusations. In your words there is "more" to it than the accusations. Please explain what this is.

Beef 19 April 2013 04:50 PM

No. No it's not.

Someone could make the same accusation of you, right now, with no evidence. The response would be the same; arrest, search and bail. It has to happen that way to minimise the chance of you hiding/destroying evidence.

So again; at this point, no it's not "more than just a case of he-said she-said". If there is a case to answer, charges will be brought against him.

Until that happens, the only information to hand is that he was arrested, questioned and bailed. Anything more than that is uninformed speculative conjecture.

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 19 April 2013 05:03 PM

So you're saying, I can right now go into a police station and tell them some complete stranger assaulted me (whose address I know), and they'd go search their house? No prior checks of its legitimacy?

If that is true, then I am both happy to back-track on what I have said above, and mortified.

Kwik 19 April 2013 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat (Post 11063941)
So you're saying, I can right now go into a police station and tell them some complete stranger assaulted me (whose address I know), and they'd go search their house? No prior checks of its legitimacy?

If that is true, then I am both happy to back-track on what I have said above, and mortified.

How can you check something that happened 20/30/40 years ago? The best thing is to speak to the person accused, they may say they have never heard of this person. The best thing for the police right now is to look like they are doing their utmost IE arrests, searches etc.

Tidgy 19 April 2013 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat (Post 11063941)

if they took you seriously yes.

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 19 April 2013 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11063946)
if they took you seriously yes.

Well that's the crux of it isn't it.