ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   New Honda Civic Type-R 2.0 Turbo? (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/972264-new-honda-civic-type-r-2-0-turbo.html)

Fabioso 17 April 2013 10:14 PM

New Honda Civic Type-R 2.0 Turbo?

Just been reading about the new CTR due in 2015 having a 300 bhp 2.0 turbo engine not a 1.6 as previously indicated. Possibly with 4 wheel steer :freak3::lol1:....to ensure it is the fastest FWD car round the 'ring.

They also want to engineer in the familiar VTEC top end rush......not sure how you can do that with a turbo engine....but hey where do I sign up for one????

:D

It's about time Honda did something right in the performance sector because since about 2006 it has just been making mistake after mistake.......:o

SRSport 17 April 2013 10:30 PM

Sounds very exciting. A turbo for low down grunt plus VTEC top end. Not sure what the 4 wheel steer is intending to achieve. I had it on my V6 Cougar and it was a little weird, almost like fake drifting.

bustaMOVEs 17 April 2013 10:30 PM

There's a nsx with a turbo fitted on YouTube, it's quite cool

Fabioso 17 April 2013 10:34 PM

Could one of the Admins be so kind and correct my title full of typing errors? :D

I didn't have my glasses on and so I didn't spot the errors :Whatever_

I should have gone to Specsavers!! :p

joe v3sti 17 April 2013 10:35 PM

Sounds good, certainly an improvement over the current model. Honda will have their work cut out making a better fwd car than renault!!

bustaMOVEs 17 April 2013 10:38 PM

And a NO to 4 wheel steer, it can be dangerous at highspeed.

SRSport 17 April 2013 10:39 PM

It's in their veins though. The previous Civic Type R and the Integra in particular were regarded as the best handling front wheel drive ever.

JDM_Stig 17 April 2013 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11062245)
And a NO to 4 wheel steer, it can be dangerous at highspeed.

you should try a Mitsubishi Galant with it, awesome !

joe v3sti 17 April 2013 10:46 PM

They need to be careful though, too much power will just spoil the balance. Renault sport is the king, in my opinion of course :)

Joe

Fabioso 17 April 2013 11:19 PM

What I like about Honda's statement is the boldness of "We are going to produce the fastest FWD hot hatch around the 'ring' and we are going to sell it for around £25k". Even if they only just achieve it, it should inspire the competition to react and that can only be a good thing for people in the market for a super hot hatch :thumb:

About time we got back to a plethora of decent choices :D

I like "balance" but I would take a good chassis that can be overwhelmed by the power any day over one that is totally underwhelmed a la BRZ/GT86.......

P1Fanatic 18 April 2013 07:21 AM

£25k my arse. The FN2 list price wasnt far from that with a paltry 198bhp and understeered like a barge. Then there are the looks of the current civic - minging imho.

Matteeboy 18 April 2013 07:33 AM

They'll have a hard job making it quicker around a track than an R26.R

f1_fan 18 April 2013 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by SRSport (Post 11062229)
Sounds very exciting. A turbo for low down grunt plus VTEC top end. Not sure what the 4 wheel steer is intending to achieve. I had it on my V6 Cougar and it was a little weird, almost like fake drifting.

Honda's system is vastly superior to that on the Cougar.

Hope they achieve it and if so it will be with a car that is reliable too..... Renault's may be fast, but they are not exactly the best built or most reliable cars on the planet.

I have had several Hondas and the DC2 Integra Type R was one of the best handling cars I have ever driven.

Matteeboy 18 April 2013 05:18 PM

I'd love to see Honda making interesting kit again.

The CTR had a good engine but handling was average. The ITR was a belter.

And Toyota too; make another MR2 and Supra please!

Quick, fun cars that don't fall to pieces. And the Germans need a fright too to shake up market.

SRSport 18 April 2013 06:18 PM

^+1
Whole heartedly agree.

bigballs 18 April 2013 06:35 PM

I had 4ws on a M reg Prelude vti and never had a problem at speed. It was also great for parking. I really loved that car.

I heard that the earlier non electronic version was more reliable.

P1Fanatic 19 April 2013 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11062405)
They'll have a hard job making it quicker around a track than an R26.R

Or the Cobalt SS :)

dpb 19 April 2013 08:01 AM

They've gone all wrong with the styling of the things as far as I'm concerned, fugly

Peedee 26 April 2013 10:43 PM

I hope they stick with the vtec. Or, as I like to call it, the v"nothing happens except a slight change in engine note" tec