ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What if .... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/972173-what-if.html)

pslewis 17 April 2013 01:17 PM

What if ....

... your car (or other item you have bought) is in the Dealers Compound awaiting repair/inspection and the Company goes bust - the Administrators seize all the assets, including your car of course.

You need to prove ownership, easy if a car (harder if it is something else), how long before the goods are returned? How do you get them back?

gpssti4 17 April 2013 01:19 PM

I'd hope to have a receipt for the item that's in for repair etc. what have you lost Pete?

pslewis 17 April 2013 01:21 PM

Maybe, but a receipt is no good if you go to the compound and find it locked up ... who do you contact? What if the goods have been removed? Maybe all you see is some dust and tumbleweeds .......

Would the Insurance pay out do you think?

alistair 17 April 2013 01:27 PM

I'd try the police - if removed, then I'd consider them stolen.....

gpssti4 17 April 2013 01:29 PM

I would expect the recovery agency to leave a notice of where they can be contacted. Just take along your receipt and prove what is yours and then take it away.

urban 17 April 2013 01:40 PM

Just find out who the administrators are, then go see them.

Would the insurance company pay out - I doubt it.

jonc 17 April 2013 01:46 PM

I think if you bought something but not recieved it, then you become a creditor to the administator and hopfully you'll recover something. Don't quote me, but you are not the owner of something until the transaction is complete and the goods have been handed over.

With the car, you are the owner and have documentation to prove it, therefore it should be handed back as it was not an asset of the dealership.....logically....

Mouser 17 April 2013 02:46 PM

Has someone got your Mobility Scooter? :lol1:

The Trooper 1815 17 April 2013 03:34 PM

His comode.

Graz 17 April 2013 03:41 PM

I wonder if we'll ever find out why he is asking this ...:D

tubbytommy 17 April 2013 04:14 PM

he has had his gimp suit in for a crotch repair and general steam clean and the sex shop has gone bust.

Alan Jeffery 17 April 2013 04:59 PM

Another Honda dealer collapse..

ScoobyDoo555 17 April 2013 06:04 PM

Wasn't there a Ferrari "dealer" who ended up in this situation - had a load of cars on SOR and took the owners for a LOT of money (due to the cars being locked up when the company folded) - some of the cars were never recovered.

remember reading it on F-Chat. Scary stuff tbh.

pslewis 17 April 2013 06:15 PM

Well, yes, it is my Ferrari which was in the Dealers Compound.

Now I return, to see thw compound empty ... has it been stolen? Will the Insurance pay up? :cry:

Busterbulldog 17 April 2013 06:16 PM

Use your tracker and find it.

pslewis 17 April 2013 06:21 PM

I didn't keep the annual contract .........

Busterbulldog 17 April 2013 06:24 PM

They can still find it for a fee

pslewis 17 April 2013 06:25 PM

I told them to stick their service as the charges were so high - they told me not to darken their door again :(

ScoobyDoo555 17 April 2013 08:26 PM

we have the same thoughts Pete.

CREWJ 17 April 2013 08:30 PM

Must be a matter for the police then?

billythekid 17 April 2013 09:29 PM

If they have gone bust its not a police matter. Even if you property has been removed - they are quite within their rights to do this.

This happens quite a bit - more often than people realise.

The general way to deal with it is to find out who the administrator is and write to them requesting your property back. In most cases, they return your goods pretty quickly once its established that you own it and not the company. Most of the time. In some cases, there is more too it and you might be in for a long, long wait. Depends on your exact situation.

stuart2008sti 18 April 2013 10:45 AM

You need to be carefull and act quickly,two companies have gone under on me,one moved all the items out to there facility in ireland,and under terms of administration you cannot recover them from another country.Second company went under on me went to said company and stock checked all items remaining with the administrator who signed to say items where mine,had a letter from them two weeks later saying we cannot accept or deny your title claim and this is still on going from feb last year.

pslewis 18 April 2013 12:09 PM

It's a worry, isn't it?

tubbytommy 18 April 2013 01:28 PM

is a diesel honda an asset??
i'd consider it more of a burden.

Leslie 18 April 2013 02:54 PM

It is one that I have not considered before Pete.

I don't know the law in this respect but I would have expected that the administrator would hang onto anything of value that comes into his possession.

I think that you have to make an appointment to see the man in charge and officially lay claim to your property in the hopes that he will allow you to recover it.

I wish you good luck anyway.

Les

Graz 18 April 2013 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Graz (Post 11061644)
I wonder if we'll ever find out why he is asking this ...:D

Still none the wiser :)

Pete is this one of your cars, a "friend" or family members cars, or is it all hypothetical?

billythekid 18 April 2013 04:50 PM

IME it comes down to if its planned or not. A lot of companies plan to go under, and do it at the time that suits them the best - when this happens they use every trick in the book.

Its why I use main dealers only, and keep things as local as I can when using internet based suppliers - even if its a smidge more expnesive.

pslewis 18 April 2013 05:41 PM

It's not a car and it's not yet in the Compound .........