ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   just had my wing mirror smashed off (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/970950-just-had-my-wing-mirror-smashed-off.html)

*BADGER* 05 April 2013 05:26 PM

just had my wing mirror smashed off

slowind down to turn left in to my drive and a old goat in her ford decided to cross the white line and clean up my off side mirror :mad:
then had the cheek to imply i should be courteous to her and let her overtake the parked car on her side of the road
dont no what enters there heads at times

then decided to ring the police and state i was drunk :cuckoo:
me there stood in my sea gear after been at sea that morning

well breath test all clear
and hopfuly shell get done for driving without due care hopfully:luxhello: and just got to wait for the insurance now :(

d4vidh 05 April 2013 05:47 PM

Stooped bint

blackvenom 05 April 2013 06:00 PM

I find a lot of old people not paying attention to where they are going. Where I used to work I would see old people who could hardely walk or move thier hands get into cars and drive off, in the work carpark there would be at least one dink a day and I would watch them do it. See the damage the walk off and say it wasn't them if challenged. I know 'boy racers' and chavs are bad but they seem to get more stick in the press

djr 05 April 2013 07:19 PM

I work in a garage and we see quite a lot of cars owned by o.a.p's covered in dents and scrapes but all they say is "Well i didn't do that" we had 1 old guy caught on our cctv drive into a brand new car and tried to deny he done it!! Even after he was shown the tape

kevstar81 05 April 2013 07:45 PM

had o.a.p run into my gf car and dynied it even after i shown him the paint exchange on both cars. I even said which way he was driving before his wife spoke up and said oh yer thwy went the post office lol

sssssteeeee 05 April 2013 08:14 PM

The ones I can't stand think there in France and drive towards u about 5 feet from parked cars ! ? On the wrong bloody side of the road and usually your mirror pod ends up in bits but hey ho they don't give a flying !@#$ the insurance will cover it,, even though premiums getting harder to cover.

alcazar 05 April 2013 09:15 PM

Insurance will almost certainly go 50-50, so source a new mirror and fit it.

VitruvianJ 05 April 2013 09:24 PM

I think if she was on the wrong side of the road overtaking parked cars then insurance claim should go in BADGER's favour.

alcazar 06 April 2013 09:00 PM

You would think so, but for small claims, in the absence of independent witnesses, it will go 50-50.

And that's his ncb gone.:(

*BADGER* 06 April 2013 09:36 PM

Got two indi witnesses :)

ditchmyster 06 April 2013 10:46 PM

B!tch.

CREWJ 06 April 2013 11:20 PM

Just for a wing mirror?

I'd just fix it, it'll cost you more in the long run.

Midlife...... 06 April 2013 11:32 PM

Having had a few prangs with older drivers......I'd be tempted to drive home with a 19 year old with two bottles of beer inside them instead of having a lift from an older driver.

Shaun

AndyBaker 07 April 2013 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Midlife...... (Post 11050687)
Having had a few prangs with older drivers......I'd be tempted to drive home with a 19 year old with two bottles of beer inside them instead of having a lift from an older driver.

Shaun

You want to come and have a drive with my sister, 50 in June and let me tell ya there ain't a ride at Alton Towers that would fill your pants quicker :cuckoo: