ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Best dump valve and air filter / induction kit. (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/970692-best-dump-valve-and-air-filter-induction-kit.html)

Fb_seven 02 April 2013 09:54 PM

Best dump valve and air filter / induction kit.

I've got a 97 turbo wagon and was wondering what the best (loudest) dump valve is also best performing air filter / induction kit.

RedScoob 02 April 2013 11:12 PM

Blitz stuff is good for a loud dump sound, but maintenance is required, best off with a quiet one and keep your performance. Loads of opinions on filters, I'd go with a dry panel filter...

matt31127 03 April 2013 06:33 AM

hks

**jay** 03 April 2013 06:53 AM

Best dump valve you can get is the one subaru put on there in the first place, vta will just cause issues

marshall332bhp 03 April 2013 07:52 AM

prepare to be called a chav mate you have opened a can of worms again. most on here think ur a chav with a dump valve but if you have a car covered from top to bottom in stickers its cool work that one out!??? both my blob sti's av owned had them fitted no running issues what so ever. not saying it didnt cause any unseen damage as some say they do but mine both ran perfect with them fitted

alcazar 03 April 2013 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by marshall332bhp (Post 11046432)
prepare to be called a chav mate you have opened a can of worms again. most on here think ur a chav with a dump valve but if you have a car covered from top to bottom in stickers its cool work that one out!??? both my blob sti's av owned had them fitted no running issues what so ever. not saying it didnt cause any unseen damage as some say they do but mine both ran perfect with them fitted

The usual bullcrap, then.

No-one I know accuses people of being chav for wanting a dumpvalve.

What sensible, knowledgeable people DO say, however, is that the use of a VTA dumpvalve can, and will cause running issues which could lead to the engine breaking down.

Yes, it makes a noise beloved of chavs, but the choice is NOT down to preference, it's down to what will make the car run beter.

The VTA dumpvalve gives NO improvement, other than noise, and can abnd will cause many problems.

Your car, your choice.

tubbytommy 03 April 2013 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by marshall332bhp (Post 11046432)

who has ever taken the p1ss out of dump valves and has a car covered in stickers??

is it your time of the month?

yabbadoo4 03 April 2013 08:59 PM

tubbs are you feeling ok?

tubbytommy 03 April 2013 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4 (Post 11047410)
tubbs are you feeling ok?

not too bad why?

yabbadoo4 03 April 2013 09:13 PM

just wondered, maybe your having an off day.