ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   front mount intercooler (benefits) (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/970175-front-mount-intercooler-benefits.html)

barry397 29 March 2013 08:04 AM

front mount intercooler (benefits)

ok got front mount intercooler on my k reg wrx just got to put pipes on but want to no what diffrence will it make

Bean1984 29 March 2013 08:38 AM

Nothing until you get a remap mate.

yabbadoo4 29 March 2013 08:56 AM

it will lower the air temps m8. as said above in conjunction with a map the mapper can advance the timing, air fuel etc to release more power from the engine with the colder air temps from a front mount as the top mount suffers from heat soak sitting on top of a hot engine especially the small slanty ic,s found on early cars.

barry397 31 March 2013 02:33 PM

i dont realy want more power or anything can i just hook up the front mount intercooler or do i need to have a re map if i connect it up

chocolate_o_brian 31 March 2013 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by barry397 (Post 11042906)
i dont realy want more power or anything can i just hook up the front mount intercooler or do i need to have a re map if i connect it up

You don't want a remap which is fair enough, so what other benefits would you like or expect to see?

I'm missing something here.

tubbytommy 31 March 2013 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by barry397 (Post 11042906)

so why bother fitting it then?? if its just for looks just put it in and dont connect it.

it will need a remap if you fit it.

MattyB1983 31 March 2013 07:36 PM

The problem is that mapping is expensive, in your case it will be ESL and £600. And that is the sole reason you see so many modified cars running standard map, even though mapping is the most beneficial mod of all.
Fitting things like front mounts and de-cats is pointless unless your prepared to pay for the mapping.

tubbytommy 31 March 2013 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 11043268)
The problem is that mapping is expensive, in your case it will be ESL and £600. And that is the sole reason you see so many modified cars running standard map, even though mapping is the most beneficial mod of all.
Fitting things like front mounts and de-cats is pointless unless your prepared to pay for the mapping.

we know this, but they never listen:freak3:

a few weeks later the thread "subarus are **** will apear"

my car blew up because i fitted x,y and z

did you get a remap???

no:brickwall

barry397 01 April 2013 07:36 AM

ok guys point taken the car came with fmic part fitted but pipes not on the intercooler so just thought i could connect it up with no issues
im no mechanic but thanx for advice going to get it put on and re mapped at b and d engineering in kent going to spend up to £2000 on it while i have it thats including re map so should cover any hidden costs
thanx