ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   adjustable fuel pressure regulator advice (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/969969-adjustable-fuel-pressure-regulator-advice.html)

tamloz 26 March 2013 11:11 PM

adjustable fuel pressure regulator advice

hi there looking for some advice on fitting my afpr did a goole serch can find what brand 2 get an what pressure 2 run but cant find a clear fitting guide now am i correct in thinking i fit my rail adapter in place of the oem reg use the pipe thats all redy there same with vacuume pipe and cut in2 the out feed from the filter join it 2 the in feed of the regulater then from the out feed of the reg 2 the hose originaly cut frm the out feed from the filter if you know what i mean so the fuel runs through the filter in2 the reg out the reg and along the original hose to the rail can any 1 confirm that or even show pics of there install:wonder:

tamloz 27 March 2013 10:28 PM

BUMP

hoyty 27 March 2013 10:39 PM

Not done one my self but I always thought that the reg was fitted on to the return side of the fuel system as wired as that may sound

360ste 28 March 2013 01:13 AM

You fit the adaptor in place of the OEM regulator. One pipe from the adaptor to the AFR, then the fuel pipe from the OEM reg to the FPR and the the small vac hose from the reg to the AFR. Using suitable pipe if you need them to be longer.

tomk86 28 October 2013 04:01 PM

so you still have to run the oem regulator as well as the adjustable one?

piehole1983 28 October 2013 07:33 PM

Not mate, you dispose of the old regulator completely.

You do know you also need an adapter to fit an aftermarket regulator don't you? It goes where the standard one is removed from.

piehole1983 28 October 2013 07:35 PM

http://s13.postimg.org/if94xrw6v/image.jpg

piehole1983 28 October 2013 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by tamloz (Post 11037929)
hi there looking for some advice on fitting my afpr did a goole serch can find what brand 2 get an what pressure 2 run but cant find a clear fitting guide now am i correct in thinking i fit my rail adapter in place of the oem reg use the pipe thats all redy there same with vacuume pipe and cut in2 the out feed from the filter join it 2 the in feed of the regulater then from the out feed of the reg 2 the hose originaly cut frm the out feed from the filter if you know what i mean so the fuel runs through the filter in2 the reg out the reg and along the original hose to the rail can any 1 confirm that or even show pics of there install:wonder:

Yes, you seem to be on the right path there.

Outlet from fuel filter to inlet of new regulator.

Outlet of new regulator to inlet of rail adapter.

Vacuum connection of new regulator to intake manifold

trevsjwood 28 October 2013 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by piehole1983 (Post 11248733)
Yes, you seem to be on the right path there.

Outlet from fuel filter to inlet of new regulator.

Outlet of new regulator to inlet of rail adapter.

Vacuum connection of new regulator to intake manifold

Had you spotted Tamloz's post is last March.

my understanding is Fuel filter to-injectors-to FPR-to return to tank
Trev

piehole1983 28 October 2013 09:05 PM

Ahh, do you mean the pressure is regulated on the return path?

piehole1983 28 October 2013 09:08 PM

I think your right Trev, my mistake! It'll be a similar process but the other direction!

trevsjwood 28 October 2013 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by piehole1983 (Post 11248854)
Ahh, do you mean the pressure is regulated on the return path?

Yes

S555 MKR 28 October 2013 09:12 PM

Pressure has to be regulated after the rail pal, otherwise it wouldn't be doing any good. Whole point here is to inprove and maintain better the fuel pressure to your injectors.

As above, adaptor on the end of the rail where the standard pressure reg is, pipe to FPR, Pipe to return.

This way the gauge (if yours has one) will display the Fuel pressure in the rail.

Putting it pre rail would probably blow your engine....as such if your at all unsure of how to do this, take it to someone in the know pal.

piehole1983 28 October 2013 09:13 PM

To the OP:

Have you actually removed anything from the car yet? And do you actually need this FPR? The standard one should be good for at least 300bhp surely? Have you fitted larger injectors?

S555 MKR 28 October 2013 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by piehole1983 (Post 11248870)
To the OP:

Have you actually removed anything from the car yet? And do you actually need this FPR? The standard one should be good for at least 300bhp surely? Have you fitted larger injectors?

Depends what version OP has, sorry if I have missed this but what car you got?