ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   what's a tastefully modded v1sti worth (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/969418-whats-a-tastefully-modded-v1sti-worth.html)

savage bulldogs 21 March 2013 06:39 PM

what's a tastefully modded v1sti worth

Thinking of buying my brv's v1sti and neither of us can decide what its worth .i haven't got any pics since we did the facelift/crystal pack conversion but ,here's a rough list of the mods
6 speed
exedy clutch
autobahn fmic
apexi ,commander and boost controller
wrapped headers 4 bolt upipe
tein coilovers
whitline droplinks and rear roll bar
17" rotas
refurbed 4 pots(stainless pistons)
3"decat
2010 interior
The engine sounds sweet and was remaped (by clive attowe )currently running a safe 345 bhp
It was imported in 2007 so not got a spot of rust anywhere (on the paintwork/arches)
still reading in km with 90k

iv told him it's worth a fiver but he's not having it :-)
a am his brother after all lol
any ideas people ?

MattyB1983 21 March 2013 06:46 PM

If you can get it for 4 grand then you'd of done well.

riiidaa 21 March 2013 07:02 PM

photos or it doesn't exist ;)

inside too pleasey

savage bulldogs 21 March 2013 08:01 PM

The only pics iv got are when he first bought it (it looks like a preface silver 4 door with the v1sti seats in it )
it's currently in storage to keep the salt of it ;-)
£4 k might have to delete this thread (before he sees it) and up my offer to a tenner :-)

riiidaa 21 March 2013 08:05 PM

rofl, if it were blue you'd be able to offer him another £25!

blackvenom 21 March 2013 08:47 PM

Sounds a sweet car, those headers looked really good quality when I saw them,

mach 21 March 2013 09:47 PM

apart from the 6 speed box and mine was a 75k wagon thats the same spec as mine was,couldnt sell it for 3.5k so ended up breaking it for 5.5k. worth as much as somebodies prepared to pay, seen them for as little as £700 although near standard spec(doesn't answer your question i know sorry)good luck with your purchase.

savage bulldogs 22 March 2013 03:32 AM

Thanks for your input everyone
i currently own a 97 UK turbo and have almost finished my self build the donor cdb came outta a v1sti with a break in the loom (which we couldn't find so broke it :'( ) and i don't want to be breaking a rare low mileage classic just for it's 6speed and a few handiling mods . The v1sti is one of my brv's toys (he owns a 4x4 audi ,dirt bike and a aprila 1000cc mile factory works, greedy boy lol) so he's in no hurry to sell ,but will this low mileage genuine classic be going up in value or going down :-(
cheers clive

hodgy0_2 22 March 2013 08:43 AM

Put it on eBay

That will give you an idea, and then pay a bit less than the final bid

rossyboy 22 March 2013 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by savage bulldogs (Post 11032538)
Thanks for your input everyone
i currently own a 97 UK turbo and have almost finished my self build the donor cdb came outta a v1sti with a break in the loom (which we couldn't find so broke it :'( ) and i don't want to be breaking a rare low mileage classic just for it's 6speed and a few handiling mods . The v1sti is one of my brv's toys (he owns a 4x4 audi ,dirt bike and a aprila 1000cc mile factory works, greedy boy lol) so he's in no hurry to sell ,but will this low mileage genuine classic be going up in value or going down :-(
cheers clive

Well it's not going to go down now. They're pretty much at the bottom of the depreciation curve.