ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Projects (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/)
-   -   my impreza turbo wagon soon to be in a salloon (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/968577-my-impreza-turbo-wagon-soon-to-be-in-a-salloon.html)

jawiimpreza 13 March 2013 01:49 AM

engine in,,,,my project,,salloon build,updated finished

6 Attachment(s)
hi,,,in the next couple of weeks ill be starting to build an impreza salloon thats bin off the rd for 2 years,am going to strip it so i can paint it in and out in white,then paint the under side to. is there any other way to clean metal be sides shot blasting.as am going to be painting all the diff and engine frames red,where i live theres only a couple of classics..the engine and bits are coming out of my wagon and going in to the salloon.av had 6 imprezas now and all of them were not mint.but as i have 3 days aweek off work i thought i should build my own to make mint and keep.

...ill up date more pics of the salloon next week,,heres the pics of wagon :thumb:

jawiimpreza 30 March 2013 05:56 PM

just started to strip the loom out of the salloon,what a nightmare am dreading to take the other loom out of the wagon .am thinking that i mit get away with leaving the bak light loom in and fuel pump wires,time will tell. thanks for looking

next is paint job,ill update soon

dazer_70 31 March 2013 01:39 AM

the two looms are different m8...av just converted a 97 reg saloon in2 a 94 reg wagon.....good luck with the build

jawiimpreza 31 March 2013 03:17 AM

cheers buddy

jawiimpreza 02 April 2013 06:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
ready for paint in engine bay and full loom is out

jawiimpreza 03 April 2013 06:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
engine bay painted and boot in side

jawiimpreza 19 April 2013 02:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
in door shuts and doors painted and back arches done,,ready for full respray now,,,

ditchmyster 19 April 2013 05:51 AM

Looking good so far mate, looks like you have a lot of work on your hands.

jawiimpreza 22 April 2013 03:18 PM

yea i know,getting painted this week cheers

jawiimpreza 25 April 2013 07:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
neally ready for paint

Keith Collings 18 May 2013 10:21 AM

Hey John - looking really good. I'm glad it went to someone with plans and ability to get it into shape. I'll be following this thread.

And to think I was near to scrapping it :thumb:

jawiimpreza 20 May 2013 01:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Keith Collings (Post 11093042)
Hey John - looking really good. I'm glad it went to someone with plans and ability to get it into shape. I'll be following this thread.

And to think I was near to scrapping it :thumb:

cheers keith its bin painted now al update with pics to morrow,,engine goes in tuesday,then loom...:thumb:

jawiimpreza 21 May 2013 02:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
all painted,camra not that good,:thumb:

jawiimpreza 21 May 2013 08:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
started putting bits on,,,engine is out of the wagon turbo now

Keith Collings 21 May 2013 11:02 PM

Nice colour John - white looks good on a Classic. That bonnet scoop seems to have grown a bit since it was in my garage :)

Did you figure out the questions on the rear diff and gearbox ?

jawiimpreza 22 May 2013 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Keith Collings (Post 11096731)
Nice colour John - white looks good on a Classic. That bonnet scoop seems to have grown a bit since it was in my garage :)

Did you figure out the questions on the rear diff and gearbox ?

am going to check to when i pick my engine up to see if the diffs are the same,,cheers keith

stonejedi 22 May 2013 11:29 AM

Looks good.SJ.

scoobyman2007 22 May 2013 12:04 PM

Looking good m8

jawiimpreza 22 May 2013 07:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
the props are diffrent,,engine in but lost all the gearbox oil where the prop goes in,does any one know what oil i need and how to put it in,,its an s reg uk turbo,,,thanks

jawiimpreza 22 May 2013 11:33 PM

thanks guys,,

Keith Collings 23 May 2013 07:10 AM

Hi John - yes it's a pain that the oid drains out with no prop shaft. I put Millers Oils CRX 75w90 NT Competition full synthetic transmission oil in my 6 speed. You need to top it up through the dip stick hole. I used the nozzle of a silicone bathroom sealant taped to some tube :thumb:

jawiimpreza 23 May 2013 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Keith Collings (Post 11097901)
Hi John - yes it's a pain that the oid drains out with no prop shaft. I put Millers Oils CRX 75w90 NT Competition full synthetic transmission oil in my 6 speed. You need to top it up through the dip stick hole. I used the nozzle of a silicone bathroom sealant taped to some tube :thumb:

thanks mate:)

jawiimpreza 23 May 2013 09:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
engine loom neally done,,but found out to day that all the door wires are diffrent,so am going to fit the wagon back loom and mod it,,,,:mad:

stedee 25 May 2013 02:57 AM

looks like mine lol. did you sort the rear arches properly for rust, hope so

jawiimpreza 25 May 2013 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by stedee (Post 11099907)
looks like mine lol. did you sort the rear arches properly for rust, hope so

cut all out,,,,just stuck on loom as am left with one plug that doesnt go on any think,,,,i think av pluged the wrong plugs together:freak3:

jawiimpreza 27 May 2013 12:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
black wheels for now

riiidaa 27 May 2013 01:42 PM

Great project. Why did you have to resort to using the wagon's loom exactly? What year was the Wagon, and your saloon?

The reason for my question is because I intend to have a similar reshell using engine and drivetrain transplanted from my '99 JDM WRX in to a '98 JDM WRX RA (I haven't bought the RA yet)

jawiimpreza 28 May 2013 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by riiidaa (Post 11101839)
Great project. Why did you have to resort to using the wagon's loom exactly? What year was the Wagon, and your saloon?

The reason for my question is because I intend to have a similar reshell using engine and drivetrain transplanted from my '99 JDM WRX in to a '98 JDM WRX RA (I haven't bought the RA yet)

98 and 99 are dffrent,,,the shell i got off keith didnt have engine and box or engine loom in it,,,,so i used all the loom ut of my 98 wagon in the end as my engine loom wouldnt connect to the 99 loom in car,,as i found out the hard way,,,,as the loom in the car had diffrent plugs,,,my car should be getting started wednesday fingers crossed ,,,thanks

riiidaa 28 May 2013 08:38 AM

I touched wood for wednesday for ya then

hmmm it seems mine will need a full loom swap too then, may as well fit it in to a newage shell then!

jawiimpreza 28 May 2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by riiidaa (Post 11102628)
I touched wood for wednesday for ya then

hmmm it seems mine will need a full loom swap too then, may as well fit it in to a newage shell then!

good look in fitting a classic loom in a new age ,,all plugs are diffrent