ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Our money being well spent!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/968087-our-money-being-well-spent.html)

legb4rsk 08 March 2013 09:26 PM

Our money being well spent!!

How the hell would you prove intent for that in court?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...herts-21713000

But it's nice to know there are no more urgent & serious cases that needed pursuing. :freak3:

JonMc 08 March 2013 09:28 PM

The case was a wash-out apparently:D

alcazar 09 March 2013 10:42 AM

They will chase a motorist for pillar to post. No-one else, just motorists.

Because we have been demonised and criminalised by Lying Labour. And we are easy targets with our nice reg plates.......

markjmd 09 March 2013 11:16 AM

It's an interesting one this. If it had been some dear old lady who got utterly soaked in similar fashion by a passing builder in his van, I suspect most of us here would feel the guy deserved to at least get a stiff talking to by plod, but then again, would plod have actually followed-up, if the victim wasn't one of their own?

DYK 09 March 2013 11:19 AM

Pot holes and now puddles we have to try and avoid...

markjmd 09 March 2013 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 11018291)
Pot holes and now puddles we have to try and avoid...

It would take more than a mere puddle to completely soak someone from head to foot, as per the news article, if that's what really happened. You'd need an area of standing water by the side of the road at least 3 or 4 inches deep and several foot long for it to project that high and that far, so either the driver just wasn't paying attention (if he'd seen it and he's got a brain, he'd have slowed down to avoid possible engine flooding), or he drove through it deliberately at the speed he did.

Again, assuming the PCSO really was soaked to the extent claimed.

DYK 09 March 2013 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 11018306)
It would take more than a mere puddle to completely soak someone from head to foot, as per the news article, if that's what really happened. You'd need an area of standing water by the side of the road at least 3 or 4 inches deep and several foot long for it to project that high and that far, so either the driver just wasn't paying attention (if he'd seen it and he's got a brain, he'd have slowed down to avoid possible engine flooding), or he drove through it deliberately at the speed he did.

Again, assuming the PCSO really was soaked to the extent claimed.

I'd been driving home in my VW transporter van, not recklessly, but the weather was foul and the highway was flooded."

Police said his actions produced a "large wall of water, approximately six feet (1.8m) high, showering and completely covering" the officer, named on court papers as "PCSO Moore".

PCSO Moore more like i'm PMSL Moore :D

I seen one of these plastic plods walking through a business park yesterday in the fog and drizzle,the look on his face was giving the expression of being well p!ssed off.I was going to wind the window down and tell him to pull his trousers up,as they were hanging down and was looking like a school kid who couldn't be bothered to dress themselves properly.Then i thought nah,i'll get my head wet :D

dpb 09 March 2013 12:37 PM

The council here in their wisdom are to do vital pothole repairs on the main drag out if town Monday. This would be fine, there's afer all another way round it ( the only one)

Except thyve been digging that one up for weeks now -no end in site

I can see traffic backed up to God knows where

:cuckoo:

Wurzel 09 March 2013 06:01 PM

"Hertfordshire Police said it was looking to see "if any lessons could be learned" from the inquiry."

Yes, don't walk so close to puddles in the road. :D

alcazar 10 March 2013 12:33 PM

There are huge puddles here every time it rains, usually on the apex of a corner, due to the local council not cleaning out the gulleys to save money.

There used to be one down the Winterton Bottom road, it was close to a couple of scrappers, and they were down muddy tracks. Result: you went through it, (no avoiding this one), and a sheet of muddy water went over the windscreen completely obscuring your view.

Did they do anything about it? Not until there was the inevitable accident there:(

Leslie 10 March 2013 02:40 PM

I think the criticism of the driver was well founded. If the road was flooded as was said then he should have had more thought for pedestrians and driven his vehicle accordingly. Very selfish to just go blindly through deep puddles when there are people around who could be affected.

He could hardly say he did not know the puddles etc were there.

Les

legb4rsk 10 March 2013 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 11019419)
I think the criticism of the driver was well founded. If the road was flooded as was said then he should have had more thought for pedestrians and driven his vehicle accordingly. Very selfish to just go blindly through deep puddles when there are people around who could be affected.

He could hardly say he did not know the puddles etc were there.

Les

I know.My point is that IF it was deliberate it is inconsiderate & very annoying.
But with limited police resources & funding you would have to make a decision given the circumstances & if it would be provable in court.

In an ideal world we can pursue every incident but I believe this was not the best use of police time.
The excuse they came out with,not to pursue, was to save them the embarresment of taking it to court.

Leslie 12 March 2013 05:02 PM

Yes but it does not have to be a deliberate act, just completely thoughtless driving has the same effect of course.

Les