ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   connors day 2013 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/967803-connors-day-2013-a.html)

ajc1988 06 March 2013 01:06 AM

connors day 2013

Hi everyone as was mentioned on an earlier thread we are planning on arranging connors day 2013.

This will be in memory of a very brave young boy who many of you know lost his brave battle against cancer in December.

Connors day 2012 was a massive success with a massive amount made for charity.

The plan for this year is to get a lot more suitable location where numbers don't have to be as limited. We are looking at the show taking place August/September time. We are thinking of charging a minimum fee on entrance which would go 100% to charity but this isn't set in stone . We have a couple of venues in mind around York/Leeds areas.

Please vote on the poll so we can start to get rough ideas of numbers interested in attending.

Thanks in advance
Andy

Jamo 06 March 2013 08:18 AM

I'm in, happy to help again too.

zippy! 06 March 2013 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 11014648)

Thanks jamo and thank you to everyone who helped and attended last year you made my little boys day the best it could Possibly have been :notworthy I hope this year to get to meet a lot more of you and thank you in person and once again any money raised will be going to the candle lighters and possibly a percentage to st James,s hospital children's cancer unit who helped my son live as long as he did :( thanks again everyone :thumb:

wiggy1 06 March 2013 08:38 AM

I was gutted could not make it to the last one, will defo try hardest to make this one, work permitting :thumb:

JDM_Stig 06 March 2013 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 11014648)

Same here :thumb:

Minifreek 06 March 2013 11:21 PM

I will mention this over on VVOC.COM as a few of us went to the meet last year, I will be there with my family again, just hope it's not when we on holiday....

ajc1988 06 March 2013 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Minifreek (Post 11015624)
I will mention this over on VVOC.COM as a few of us went to the meet last year, I will be there with my family again, just hope it's not when we on holiday....

That's great mate I know a lot who attended were from other forums so we need to get this out to as many as possible. What dates are you away hopefully won't clash.

Come on guys and gals let's make this another cracking day in memory of connor who I'm sure will be there spirit.

Andy

Jamo 06 March 2013 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by zippy! (Post 11014660)
Thanks jamo and thank you to everyone who helped and attended last year you made my little boys day the best it could Possibly have been :notworthy I hope this year to get to meet a lot more of you and thank you in person and once again any money raised will be going to the candle lighters and possibly a percentage to st James,s hospital children's cancer unit who helped my son live as long as he did :( thanks again everyone :thumb:

You're welcome :king:

Minifreek 06 March 2013 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by ajc1988 (Post 11015635)
That's great mate I know a lot who attended were from other forums so we need to get this out to as many as possible. What dates are you away hopefully won't clash.

Come on guys and gals let's make this another cracking day in memory of connor who I'm sure will be there spirit.

Andy

Just put a thread up on there but will bump it tomorrow to see if there will be any interest.... I dunno when I'm on holiday just know its August lol

bustaMOVEs 07 March 2013 12:14 AM

Count me in again
I should be able to rustle something up regarding venue, still need to speak to a mate but zippy I'll let you know when I do.
Sept 8 is perfect as it falls on a Sunday too (same date as last year)

adamb87 07 March 2013 06:55 AM

would love to make this again. was a great day for a great cause. i come from seatcupra.net along with a few others. but now insured on the father in laws hawkeye so i will be in that. sure it will be a resounding success again !! :)

Minifreek 07 March 2013 07:35 AM

It would be a good idea to hold it on the same day again I reckon too, isn't there an airfield near where it was held last year...? Just a thought to keep it in the same town...?

Colinm101 07 March 2013 08:09 AM

Would make this avian plus make it a date on our club calendar

JDM_Stig 07 March 2013 08:22 AM

Hi guys, not sure it really matters but isnt Trax on the 8th Sept?
just that its the last show of the year and a lot attend.

johns_120 07 March 2013 12:50 PM

i was one of the vvoc lot that attended last year and would be up for this again, i was really surprised/but not surprised how big it got in such a short time. Good luck with the organising and anything us vvoc members can do to help just let us know

BoozyDave 07 March 2013 09:54 PM

2012 was a fantastic (but sad) day

i will deffo attend and i'm sure lot's of money will be raise to help poorly children and their families :cry:

gsd2000 09 March 2013 10:37 AM

More than happy to help out again

ScoobySteve69 09 March 2013 11:55 AM

I`ve put this link up on M3Cutters :thumb:

bustaMOVEs 09 March 2013 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69 (Post 11018321)
I`ve put this link up on M3Cutters :thumb:

That batty in avatar is peng! Sorry off topic :D

Emmaroids 09 March 2013 04:20 PM

Went last year,was an awesome day for such a brave little boy. Will definitely be there :)

ScoobySteve69 09 March 2013 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11018536)
That batty in avatar is peng! Sorry off topic :D

I don`t understand your language :( Does that mean you like? :D

GC8 09 March 2013 05:15 PM

Im more than happy to help again Scott, and I will James in check again too.

:D

Simon

GC8 09 March 2013 05:27 PM

Link to earlier thread appreciated - I am no longer a hundred posts a day member so I miss quite a lot now...

bustaMOVEs 09 March 2013 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69 (Post 11018564)
I don`t understand your language :( Does that mean you like? :D

Lol peng is better than good ;)

toneh 09 March 2013 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11018715)
Lol peng is better than good ;)

You Chav ;)

I'm in :)

Maz 09 March 2013 08:12 PM

Definitely be there again and circumstances dependent will be happy to help.

bustaMOVEs 09 March 2013 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by toneh (Post 11018815)
You Chav ;)

I'm in :)

Not Chav,....ghetto! :D

Hows ya doing chap. Ready for round 2 lol

Misterk 10 March 2013 07:30 AM

Myself and jack will be bringing the civic and BMW all the way up from guernsey again mate :thumb:

I shall bring my bucket and try to beat the £300+ I raised on the gate last year :)

Jamo 10 March 2013 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Misterk (Post 11019096)
Myself and jack will be bringing the civic and BMW all the way up from guernsey again mate :thumb:

I shall bring my bucket and try to beat the £300+ I raised on the gate last year :)

Epic journey :)

Misterk 10 March 2013 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 11019426)
Epic journey :)

Ha ha yes not sure about jack but including ferry I spent £800 but was worth every penny.

Some of you guys might remember me as rather then look at all the cars I was on the main gate robbing everyone of their loose change :thumb:

My only request is it doesn't matter what month it is but can we please make it a Saturday? If not work commitments will make it hard for me to attended :cry: