ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Leeds city-centre parking? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/967637-leeds-city-centre-parking.html)

hill79 04 March 2013 02:50 PM

Leeds city-centre parking?

I'm going to Leeds next week and need to park within walking distance to the centre for most of the day. I've looked on the Leeds council website and found a map of car parks but obviously there's nothing to warn you if a particular car park is stupidly expensive, always full or even a bit dodgy - ones is even called 'Dark Arches' :freak3: doesn't inspire much confidence!!

so... any local knowledge?

BULLITT 04 March 2013 03:25 PM

Dark Arches is nothing sinister, it's just known as that because it's under the railway bridge from the station and is pretty enclosed from day light, it is quite secure though I think, Police are definitely keen on watching it.

Non of the car parks are particularly busy I think but a few of them are NCP ones.

The one I use when I go to the City Centre is the Merrion Centre Multi-Story, it's easy to get in and out of provided your car isn't stupidly lowered and reasonably priced for a multi-storey. It's at the top of the City Centre (it's on a hill). Where about's in the city centre are you going to?

hill79 04 March 2013 03:57 PM

I'm heading for a tattooist on Mill Hill, which looks to be right next to the station on Google maps and Dark Arches is actually the closest, if its not actually as terrifying as it sounds I might just head there, other options are Criterion Place and Boar Lane?

BULLITT 04 March 2013 05:01 PM

You could park in the Station car park, most convenient for you at that side of Leeds but it does get very busy. Not sure about the cost though.

hill79 04 March 2013 05:07 PM

I wasn't sure if that was public parking of just for the station, I guess it should be well monitored at least which might be worth the extra cost... not that I'm paranoid! Just wary of leaving it on its own all day somewhere I'm unfamiliar with, somewhere busy is probably best to put my mind at ease. thanks for the input!

legb4rsk 04 March 2013 05:28 PM

Is there a problem or no direct route going by train if your destination is next to the station?
Just interested.

ronjeramy 04 March 2013 05:34 PM

There's a big all day carpark on sweet street by halfords, it's about £4 all day it's a 5 min walk to the train station, I used to park there and walk to Head row. :)

ronjeramy 04 March 2013 05:37 PM

Another I used is off traffalgor street closer to the head row and about £4 all day.

hill79 04 March 2013 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 11012792)
Is there a problem or no direct route going by train if your destination is next to the station?
Just interested.

I did look at the train but amazingly, its cheaper to drive a car that gets 25mpg from Newcastle to Leeds and back than it is to get a train which would get me there/home at the right times!

Originally Posted by ronjeramy (Post 11012797)
There's a big all day carpark on sweet street by halfords, it's about £4 all day it's a 5 min walk to the train station, I used to park there and walk to Head row. :)

Originally Posted by ronjeramy (Post 11012802)
Another I used is off traffalgor street closer to the head row and about £4 all day.

Thanks, both sound like good options

paulr 04 March 2013 06:38 PM

9 Regent St Leeds LS2 7QN

Pratts furniture store. 50% of the car park is theirs, the other half pay and display. Dead cheap. Can't recall exactly but about £2.50 for four hours. 10 mins walk.

scooby1994 04 March 2013 07:33 PM

i am working on an office re-furb in leeds city centre,the ncp carparks are £19-50 for all day

CarBen Fibre Creations 05 March 2013 11:43 AM

Theres an all day carpark on Whitehall Road not too far from the station, think its about £10 for the day.

Not sure if this link will work, here goes

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=leed...93,,0,5.1&z=17

BULLITT 05 March 2013 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by paulr (Post 11012876)
9 Regent St Leeds LS2 7QN

Pratts furniture store. 50% of the car park is theirs, the other half pay and display. Dead cheap. Can't recall exactly but about £2.50 for four hours. 10 mins walk.

That's miles away from Mill Hill! Best part of a 20min walk to get there.

CarBen Fibre Creations 05 March 2013 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by BULLITT (Post 11013693)
That's miles away from Mill Hill! Best part of a 20min walk to get there.

A little exercise never hurt anyone :razz::lol1:

billythekid 05 March 2013 02:22 PM

£19-50!! OMG.

I remember when all day parking in Manchester was £1-50... LOL... god knows how much it is now!

BULLITT 05 March 2013 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by BenC (Post 11013714)
A little exercise never hurt anyone :razz::lol1:

Would you want to walk that distance through a busy city centre having people knocking into you all the time after having a Tattoo done, I know I wouldn't lol

dunx 05 March 2013 03:51 PM

Hey up Rich, how's the Datsun ?

;)

dunx

BULLITT 05 March 2013 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 11013917)
Hey up Rich, how's the Datsun ?

;)

dunx

It's going soon, coming back to Subaru ;)

dunx 05 March 2013 04:01 PM

Come in to some money ?

( For fuel ! )

LOL

dunx

BULLITT 05 March 2013 04:38 PM

The 350Z is only slightly better.

I'm looking for a White STI hatch.

theboy 05 March 2013 10:12 PM

If your going for a tattoo there is only 1 place in Leeds. End Times of the headrow but prepare to book months in advance

scoobywrxwagon 05 March 2013 10:51 PM

apcoa car park whitehall road leeds £3 all day, I park there everyday for wk, there are a few more on the same road too, There is one about 100 yards down the road heading towards Leeds city centre that is £4 all day too.

Have a look on this link.

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/c...ad/ls12/leeds/

BOB.T 05 March 2013 11:00 PM

Park at your local railway station and get the train, Leeds is sh!t for driving! :D

hill79 06 March 2013 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by theboy (Post 11014491)
If your going for a tattoo there is only 1 place in Leeds. End Times of the headrow but prepare to book months in advance

I'm going to see Sway at Sacred Electric, liked his work for a while, traditional but with his own flair - its always worth travelling to get something you really like :) I just looked up End Times on Facebook, their stuff looks fantastic too

Originally Posted by scoobywrxwagon (Post 11014535)
apcoa car park whitehall road leeds £3 all day, I park there everyday for wk, there are a few more on the same road too, There is one about 100 yards down the road heading towards Leeds city centre that is £4 all day too.

Have a look on this link.

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/c...ad/ls12/leeds/

Awesome site, thanks!

Originally Posted by BOB.T (Post 11014544)
Park at your local railway station and get the train, Leeds is sh!t for driving! :D

I'd get the train if the costs/times workout out, but they don't. I need to be in Leeds before 12, I drop my son at school at 9am and then its 20mins to the train station. All tickets after 9am are getting on for £40 return... and there's two of us going, plus parking at the station for the day which could easily be £20, so approx £100 by train vs £40 of fuel and perhaps £10 parking if we go in the car!