ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Long Term Car Storage (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/967419-long-term-car-storage.html)

Bean1984 02 March 2013 03:12 AM

Long Term Car Storage

Hi all

Ive come to the conclusion that im going to have to park the bugeye up. After quite a "spirted" drive tonight in both the classic and the bugeye, the classic always brings the biggest smile to my face so with that in mind and me not prepared to sell the bugeye, I need to find somewhere where i can park my car up long term under a cover or container etc. As long as its safe and secure its good.

Does anyone know of any places where i can park the bugeye up for. Its going to be long term so id imagine at least 6 months onwards.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Essexdon 02 March 2013 11:25 AM

To be brutally honest as both cars a near standard and the classic not even making 200 brake twice now. Id sell both you dont even have to go sti, a jap wrx is 260+ standard so thats a 60 brake jump without prob to much hitting the wallet.

Bean1984 02 March 2013 11:59 AM

I cant bring myself to sell the classic. Its broke the 200bhp mark now. Had a full service back on the dyno 209 bhp but it always brings a smile to me where as the bugeye dosent soo much but its still a lovely car to drive. The power delivery when running high boost is un real so decided that the bug eye will go to the storage yard for a while

Infected by sti 02 March 2013 12:04 PM

Where are you from?

You looking for private storage? Or have you got land / space to put a container?

Bean1984 02 March 2013 12:30 PM

Im from romford in essex mate. Nah i need to find somewhere to store it as we dont have the room altho i may just have to sell the classic

ScoobyClaire 02 March 2013 12:39 PM

I have space, power and a camera on all the time. You are more than welcome to park on my drive if you get stuck. The only down side is the outside of the house is being insulated and I don't know when they are going to do ours and how long the scaffold will be up and they do make a lot of mess. But the offer is there, PM me if you want any more info. :)

Claire

L.J.F 02 March 2013 01:42 PM

You should sell both and buy my P1:)

Win win situation;)

matttp1 02 March 2013 03:52 PM

I could probably leave it in the works car park, plenty of space, card access and cameras everywhere, I can ask :thumb:

Knotty_ 02 March 2013 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 11010210)
You should sell both and buy my P1:)

Win win situation;)

This!

matttp1 02 March 2013 06:46 PM

Plus bank loan, I'm guessing:D

sonic93 03 March 2013 09:31 AM

Buy classic Sti 200bhp in a subaru is pointless for fuel they use. Buy a type r if poss won't look at another Scoob again