ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   LLoyds TSB figures? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/967351-lloyds-tsb-figures.html)

alcazar 01 March 2013 10:31 AM

LLoyds TSB figures?

So they have reduced their losses by quite a lot, yet STILL made a loss?

Bonuses, for making such a loss?

£375 MILLION shared, and the managing director to get £1.5 MILLION of that!

Bonuses, for making a loss?

Does anyone know how much THIS lot of thieves have paid the UK government back yet?

TelBoy 01 March 2013 10:34 AM

Yes, i do. But there's no point discussing this with you, Jeff, i'll have to leave it to others :) :thumb:

Geezer 01 March 2013 10:51 AM

The bank made an operating profit somewhere in the region of £2.6 billion. Unfortunately,the provision of funds for PPI claims means that the net loss is £570 million.

Considering last year the loss was £3.5 billion, those result are actually very good. The business is in good shape, and once the PPI debacle is done, you will likely see some very strong results (and no doubt you will then complain it's disgusting that the banks make so much money :rolleyes:)

The bonus pot is quite small for a bank. RBS have posted huge losses and made much bigger bonus payments, they are quite brazen about it!

Geezer

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 01 March 2013 01:47 PM

This place has become the Daily Mail

davyboy 01 March 2013 02:08 PM

Imagine this was your local supermarket.

Butchers dept makes profit and it's staff get a bonus as it's in their contract.

Bakers dept don't make a profit and don't get bonus.

However overall a loss for the supermarket, but without the over performing butchers dept the loss would have been greater than the bonus paid.

TelBoy 01 March 2013 02:12 PM

Yes but in Jeff's world the butchers only made a profit by selling horse meat :)

dunx 01 March 2013 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 11009230)
Yes but in THE REAL world the butchers only made a profit by selling horse meat :)

EFA

TelBoy 01 March 2013 02:20 PM

Are you saying all butchers are unethical, dishonest crooks, Dunx? :confused:

CupraT 01 March 2013 03:40 PM

Figures look good to me.

Take out the PPI payments (total close on 7bn over the last 2/3 years) and there is a healthy profit waiting to happen.

Won't be long before they declare large profits and everyone will be moaning about profiteering!

cster 01 March 2013 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 11009239)
Are you saying all butchers are unethical, dishonest crooks, Dunx? :confused:

People who want cheap meat and large procurers who dictate the market wholesale prices like Tescos, Suppliers of government contracts and so on are the crooks IMO.
They know exactly what they are doing - they just make sure it is done at an arms length.
For example, when we see a chicken for sale at £2 in Tescos, it is pretty obvious that something is not right - don't stop the f*ckers flying off the shelves though.
Ironically, probably the only time the birds have had a chance to fly.

Chip 01 March 2013 06:57 PM

Jeff,

There are T&C's attached to the bonus which mean he won't get it until 2008 and thenm only if certain conditions are met. Don't believe everything the leftie BBC tells you.

alcazar 01 March 2013 09:04 PM

OK, I'll bite: how much HAVE they paid UK government back?

And RBS?

albob 01 March 2013 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 11009508)
Jeff,

There are T&C's attached to the bonus which mean he won't get it until 2008 and thenm only if certain conditions are met. Don't believe everything the leftie BBC tells you.

2008 !! time warp

more like 2018 :)

Chip 02 March 2013 07:02 PM

Oh yeah, 2018! I thank you, sir.