ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Feed the kids or pay the rent .... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/967296-feed-the-kids-or-pay-the-rent.html)

pslewis 28 February 2013 06:30 PM

Feed the kids or pay the rent ....

.... says a single mother on the BBC News just now.

Makes my blood boil this ..... there was a packet of fags on the table, a box of dog biscuits on the shelf!!

So, she smokes and has a dog ..... then pleads poverty!!! Add to that her bling jewellery and tattoo's and I doubt very much that she struggles!!

This is where the Tories are better than the LibDems and labour - lets get the lazy back to work!!!!

dpb 28 February 2013 06:34 PM

We could make a start with taking your fuel allowance away :thumb:

pslewis 28 February 2013 06:35 PM

I need that winter payment to heat my swimming pool ..... anyway, we are talking this scum - not me!

stilover 28 February 2013 07:43 PM

I watched it too. How hard must her life be? £2000 a month in her pocket. MOre than the average earner gets, and has to pay a mortgage to put a roof over their heads.

Don't like it love, Fcuk off to Romania. I hear they have cheap housing.

cookstar 28 February 2013 07:52 PM

Feed the kids or pay the rent? As a Landlord I'd have to go with paying the rent every time. :D

Boro 28 February 2013 08:18 PM

If you're super-rich or super-skint you'll always be looked after. It's the average joe who is the stupid one for thinking he can work his way to being able to look after himself.

Tax his land, tax his wage,
Tax his bed in which he lays.
Tax his tractor, tax his mule,
Teach him taxes is the rule.

Tax his cow, tax his goat,
Tax his pants, tax his coat.
Tax his ties, tax his shirts,
Tax his work, tax his dirt.

Tax his chew, tax his smoke,
Teach him taxes are no joke.
Tax his car, tax his grass,
Tax the roads he must pass.

Tax his food, tax his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.
Tax his sodas, tax his beers,
If he cries, tax his tears.

Tax his bills, tax his gas,
Tax his notes, tax his cash.
Tax him good and let him know
That after taxes, he has no dough.

If he hollers, tax him more,
Tax him until he's good and sore.
Tax his coffin, tax his grave,
Tax the sod in which he lays.

Put these words upon his tomb,
"Taxes drove me to my doom!"
And when he's gone, we won't relax,
We'll still be after the inheritance tax.
Who's the stupid one?

Chip 28 February 2013 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 11008398)

the Tories are better than the LibDems and labour

You said it Pete :lol1:

alcazar 28 February 2013 08:25 PM

Ah yes, yet another programme, article telling us how evil the poor all are.

If we demonise them enough, the government can then do as they please with them...which is, of course, the point.

pslewis 28 February 2013 08:47 PM

They can tell her to live on £1000 a month, instead of £2000 ....... the welfare state should NOT reward laziness!!

On this I stand by the Tories shoulder to shoulder - demonise the workshy scum and cut their benefits ..... make it pay to work!!

CrisPDuk 28 February 2013 08:50 PM

I don't need the media to demonise the 'poor' :nono:

I see enough with my own eyes, I work in Ashton under Lyne, the place is full of workshy feckless scum pleading poverty, yet still wealthy enough to afford beer, fags & drugs :mad:

SJ_Skyline 28 February 2013 08:59 PM

Have you found matron's key to the wine cupboard tonight Pete? :D

Boro 28 February 2013 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 11008635)
They can tell her to live on £1000 a month, instead of £2000 ....... the welfare state should NOT reward laziness!!

On this I stand by the Tories shoulder to shoulder - demonise the workshy scum and cut their benefits ..... make it pay to work!!

Doesn't look like they are making it pay to work, but bringing down the benefit of not working. Double whammy!

As a worker, I won't be any better off for them coming down on the benefit scroungers.

pimmo2000 01 March 2013 07:51 AM

Whats an average smoker ? 20 a day ? £230 a month ?

EddScott 01 March 2013 09:19 AM

In her defence they were Richmond. Personally if it meant having to smoke Richmond I'd give up :)

I was half expecting the piece to go on to say she'd had to go on the game.

pslewis 01 March 2013 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 11008922)
Whats an average smoker ? 20 a day ? £230 a month ?

When I smoked it was about 30 a day - 50/60 a day over Friday - Sunday.

I guess smoking costs the average smoker (or us the taxpayer) £324 a month.

I would do a lifestyle assessement - if they smoke, drink, gamble or go out clubbing then I would half their benefits ...... it's a disgrace!

Gear Head 01 March 2013 10:01 AM

Link to story?

ScoobyWon't 01 March 2013 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 11008961)

I was half expecting the piece to go on to say she'd had to go on the game.

I wouldn't shag her with yours! :o

ALi-B 01 March 2013 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 11008398)

This is where the Tories are better than the LibDems and labour - lets get the lazy back to work!!!!

:eek2:

< thud >

(btw: I agree :) )

f1_fan 01 March 2013 11:27 AM

On Five Live yesterday morning they were debating social housing.

There were callers on there complaining because they had loads of kids and only a small house and practically demanding the councils find them bigger places.

When asked why they had so many kids they said because it was their right. Some of them even said they had a job and weren't on benefits completely not realising that council housing is a benefit.

When asked why they didn't turn to the private sector they said they could but they wouldn't be able to afford 'nice things' if they did!

FFS!!!! Stop breeding you thick cnuts!!! Your kids will only grow up to be moronic spongers anyway!

Cockney Wideboy 01 March 2013 12:12 PM

I’m sorry, did I read that right???...someone gets £2000 a month in benefits + social housing and is struggling to live???

WTF...

Live where? Mayfair in London???

No wonder these ****ers don't want to work...I bust my balls week in week out and end up with just shy of £2K a month (net pay)

The girlfriend busts her...tits?? week in week out and ends up with well under half that amount in her back pocket at the end of the month...

**** it...we’re signing on...sounds like a better deal to me…and if I can still get £2K with all my housing paid then I think I’ll sell the Impreza and get a Ferrari...I’ve heard that the 360's are coming down in price...maybe even stretch to a 430 if I complain on the TV and sell my story to the papers...

Happy days

EddScott 01 March 2013 12:13 PM

The other unfortunate consequence of introducing benefits caps is that these people are being moved out of areas were housing is expensive - and not London and being dumped in outlying towns.

I live in West Wales and there is new social housing being built and paid for by Birmingham County Council. They will then shift all the worst families to these new homes. I would honestly check any new building going on in your area and find out where the social tenents will be coming form. Its crazy because on the other side of the road is new planning for a Sainsburys and a couple of hundred "executive" homes for these people to rob blind!

ALi-B 01 March 2013 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 11009119)
The other unfortunate consequence of introducing benefits caps is that these people are being moved out of areas were housing is expensive - and not London and being dumped in outlying towns.

I live in West Wales and there is new social housing being built and paid for by Birmingham County Council. They will then shift all the worst families to these new homes.

Ahh so that's where they are dumping them all now. Its history repeating;

Back in the 70's that exactly what Brum council did to our area.

Ask anyone who was around in that era and they will all say the same; As soon as the flats were built and the Birmingham outcasts dumped in there the locality went downhill, and its never been the same since.

They demolished half of the flats about ten years ago and replaced them with maisonettes. Still the same crap living in there though. :(

PS: Brum council is Labour dominated, always has been. Not very good with budgets nor management...recently just lost £7.7million on trying to sell food in London's olympic park, yet nobody has been held to account or dismissed for it!! :mad: :cuckoo:

mamoon2 01 March 2013 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 11008526)
Feed the kids or pay the rent? As a Landlord I'd have to go with paying the rent every time. :D

I'm also a Landlord and i'd also go for pay the rent :thumb:

Leslie 01 March 2013 04:32 PM

Another thing that gets me is that people like her consider all those benefits to be given as a right regardless of whether they have ever put anything back into the country and they are not even grateful when they receive them.

Les

tarmac terror 01 March 2013 11:06 PM

I don't get it - if your benefit payments dont cover the cost of living in London or the South, why not move North, where the cost of living is less. There is arguably fewer employment opportunities, but if you are a life long benefit claimant, that will irrelevant.

mamoon2 02 March 2013 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by tarmac terror (Post 11009847)
I don't get it - if your benefit payments dont cover the cost of living in London or the South, why not move North, where the cost of living is less. There is arguably fewer employment opportunities, but if you are a life long benefit claimant, that will irrelevant.

Noooo! We don't want half of Somalia up here. You can keep 'em

dpb 02 March 2013 12:31 PM

How ridiculous, could only liven the place up

DYK 02 March 2013 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by mamoon2 (Post 11010138)
Noooo! We don't want half of Somalia up here. You can keep 'em

Just send them all to Dewsbury ;)