ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Motec m800 or syvecs (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/967002-motec-m800-or-syvecs.html)

satpink 26 February 2013 12:56 PM

Motec m800 or syvecs

I have currently a motec m800 fitted in my car it's the one that fits in the Subaru ecu case, it performs well enough but, I like the syvecs & what they offer, especially with the toucan screen.

Now here is the tricky bit I live in Perth WA & they all use motec, super rom or viperx or something.

Are they difficult to map for someone who is used to mapping motec, dyno time is rather expensive here lol like everything else.

Can syvecs be mapped remotely from UK over Internet if needed?

Which type would I need? S6 S8 or the pnp type?

PMS Built 2.2ltr closed deck
fully forged internals ceramic coated pistons etc
heads full cnc ported polished
process west top mount
aps bov
aps cold air intake
full silicon intake
custom radiator silcon hoses
process west oil cooler
vf36 twinscoll
zage twinscroll headers fully heat wrapped
handmade exhaust by pms 2.5 mod done
sard 650cc injectors
Fuel Rail Side Feed
sard fuel regulator
bosch intake pump
sti motorsport engine mounts and gear box mounts

hand made jim berry clutch ( to suit mods and power) and lightened flywheel
Motech m800 with everything enabled plus usb cable included for tuning
Boost Control Solenoid Perrin

Tidgy 26 February 2013 12:58 PM

very expensive upgrade for not alot of improvement i would have though (although poat would be the map to ask to find out whast what). that said how much would you get for your motec? woudl it cover the majority of the cost to change?

satpink 26 February 2013 01:11 PM

Motec m800 here would cost 3700 AUD mine is fully unlocked with everything available, should get 2500 AUD 2nd hand, that's around 1500 GBP :)

Tidgy 26 February 2013 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by satpink (Post 11005382)
Motec m800 here would cost 3700 AUD mine is fully unlocked with everything available, should get 2500 AUD 2nd hand, that's around 1500 GBP :)

any ideas on syvecs cost over there? also decent places to map it?

satpink 26 February 2013 01:23 PM

I'd have to buy from UK when I visit later in the year, not sure if anyone can map it hence my earlier questions :)

satpink 26 February 2013 01:24 PM

Displayed time makes me laugh its actually 21:24 here now

Tidgy 26 February 2013 01:30 PM

ah right, best bet have a look on facebook and send a message to syvecs direct, sure they can advise dealers/mappers :)

banny sti 26 February 2013 01:34 PM

These guys are syvecs dealers in Aus

http://www.willallracing.com.au/

satpink 26 February 2013 02:37 PM

Thanks Banny, how are you?

banny sti 26 February 2013 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by satpink (Post 11005499)
Thanks Banny, how are you?

Im good fella, how are you keeping hope Aus is teating you well :thumb:

satpink 26 February 2013 03:01 PM

It's a better life for us tbh, I've got the Sti bug again though :)

wrx271 26 February 2013 05:24 PM

swop you my syvecs for aus lol

jura11 26 February 2013 05:29 PM

As above I would go down the route of the Syvecs and at the end will cost you lot less.
M800 is nice ECU,but when you want to add more function which are widely available on Syvecs for free such as Wideband control or datalogging,when you comparing features of Syvecs and M800,mainly Upgrades options on the M800,you will see all those functions(upgrades) are free on Syvecs

About the dealers and mappers of the Syvecs,speak to Charlie or Ryan from Syvecs,I'm sure they're able to help you out

Jura

Semion 28 February 2013 10:47 AM

When I had to choose what ecu to go with, my mapper said it's more important how they do realize these functions, and how these functions work and adjusts, with motec you can't go wrong. Firstly I was inclined to syvecs, but my mapper used to work with motec, that's why the m800 pnp was chosen. There was a pnp model to fit my car with the "advance pack", LC, FFS, AL, 1mb log, etc... Now I understand that the best ecu for the street use is the OE ecu :) Cold starts on motec at -20C outside are terrible!

satpink 05 March 2013 01:08 PM

It will be hot starts here, temp at 6am is around 25C thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it :)