ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   All inclusive holiday worth the extra money (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/966933-all-inclusive-holiday-worth-the-extra-money.html)

scooby1929 25 February 2013 08:21 PM

All inclusive holiday worth the extra money

I was looking at booking a hol for myself, girlfriend and wee girl to Ibiza all inclusive for about 2 grand. Its 500 cheaper to go half board. Does anyone think the all inclusive is worth the extra? I am not a massive drinker, girlfriend does not drink and wee girl is 7.
Cheers

saints_forever 25 February 2013 08:27 PM

I find All-Inclusive brilliant, but it all depends on what you do/where you go in the day time and evenings. If you're one for staying at the resort then you may as well do it, lunch and all soft drinks soon mount up when eating out or even at the resort, though £500 extra seems a bit of a steep step up from half board.

We are going all-inclusive in April to Majorca, 4* hotel, £280 each inc flight, was only an extra £20 over half board which I'll easily drink within the week!

scooby1929 25 February 2013 08:31 PM

Yeh I noticed in quite a few places there is not much of a difference in price between all inclusive and halfboard but in this place there is.

Gambit 25 February 2013 08:31 PM

If its a cheap all inclusive you can be guaranteed the food is ****e. I prefer to go exploring on holiday so all inckusive doesnt suit me

scooby1929 25 February 2013 08:33 PM

Yeh my brother was at this place last year and said the food was superb

VitruvianJ 25 February 2013 08:33 PM

As above. Depends what you are planning on doing. If out exploring then £500 is a bit steep. If just relaxing at the resort then probably a good call to go all inc!

saints_forever 25 February 2013 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Gambit (Post 11004717)
If its a cheap all inclusive you can be guaranteed the food is ****e. I prefer to go exploring on holiday so all inckusive doesnt suit me

Not true, all depends where the resort is i.e. close to local amenities and what time of the year you are going, for example April is off season in Majorca.

£500 extra though is expensive, unless you can severely barter and get yourself a decent deal then I would leave it, there'll be lots of nice local cafes etc that will be cheap (a lot cheaper than the hotel/resort anyway

drew25 25 February 2013 08:57 PM

As said it depends on whether the food is good or not. I have been half board several times and the wife is very picky about her food so don't bother anymore. I have been half board in Ibiza but also went out to restaurants just for something different as the menu was repeated after a few days. To be honest you can eat well for approx 30-40 euros for an evening meal and lunch for us is usually something light as is breakfast.

DannyBoy007 25 February 2013 09:02 PM

£2K to go to Ibiza!!!!!

Far better places in the world than that and alot cheaper

360ste 25 February 2013 09:02 PM

The last 3 times the wife and I have been to Cyprus we have gone all inclusive as the cost of the drinks alone without bing drinking would easily go over the step up cost to all inclusive. Having a child the cost of ice cream and cold drinks will quickly mount up. If we went out for the day we either ordered a packed lunch or accepted that we had to buy our Lunch.

scooby1929 25 February 2013 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007 (Post 11004768)
£2K to go to Ibiza!!!!!

Far better places in the world than that and alot cheaper

Where would you recommend then? Somewhere hot, good food and plenty to do for the wee girl who loves swimming

I am from northern ireland so everywhere is a bit more expensive

JK99 25 February 2013 09:08 PM

If there's a child then it's worth it - as someone touched on, juices, snacks etc all add up and will quickly make up the difference in cost.

We've done both over the years and agree it depends on how good the hotel is - went to Alcudia one year All Inc and the food was awful so we ended up spending an extra £900 on eating out etc.

We're away at the beginning of May for my 30th and going all inc to Gran Canaria as there are some kids coming as part of the group. We've been to the resort do know what to expect which made the board decision easier.

CharlySkunkWeed 25 February 2013 09:09 PM

Going to Ibiza this year myself , the price has rocketed since we went two years ago. My mate (went last year) booked his (for this year) on his last day before heading home and it was already £500 dearer !

360ste 25 February 2013 09:14 PM

We go to the Atlantica Oasis hotel in Limassol Cyprus, the food is great seperate buffet area for kids, staff are very friendly, nice pool outdoors with a kids play pirate ship. Short (300 metres) to the sea. If you are hiring a car they drive on the left, an excellent water park about 10 miles away, with other excellent beaches in easy driving distance. On facebook search for their page to read some of the comments.

saints_forever 25 February 2013 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by scooby1929 (Post 11004783)
Where would you recommend then? Somewhere hot, good food and plenty to do for the wee girl who loves swimming

I am from northern ireland so everywhere is a bit more expensive

What's the little one like with flying? I'd say one of the Canary Islands as well over Ibiza, 4 hour flight though compared with a 2. You are pretty much gaurunteed decent weather and our summer time tends to be classed as their off season. Canaries always seems to have a more relaxed atmosphere for me as well!

scooby1929 25 February 2013 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by 360ste (Post 11004803)
We go to the Atlantica Oasis hotel in Limassol Cyprus, the food is great seperate buffet area for kids, staff are very friendly, nice pool outdoors with a kids play pirate ship. Short (300 metres) to the sea. If you are hiring a car they drive on the left, an excellent water park about 10 miles away, with other excellent beaches in easy driving distance. On facebook search for their page to read some of the comments.

Thanks very much will check it out.

Gambit 25 February 2013 09:19 PM

Crete - lovely place with loads to see &do

bigballs 25 February 2013 09:20 PM

somewhere like caleta de fuste in fuerteventura is great for kids but it is very hot there after may/june. ibiza is great and a really beautiful island, its not just a club, the east side of the island is great.

scooby1929 25 February 2013 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by saints_forever (Post 11004804)
What's the little one like with flying? I'd say one of the Canary Islands as well over Ibiza, 4 hour flight though compared with a 2. You are pretty much gaurunteed decent weather and our summer time tends to be classed as their off season. Canaries always seems to have a more relaxed atmosphere for me as well!

The wee one is fine with flying obviously does not know her dad designed bits of the aircraft. I will check out the canaries to thanks

RobsyUK 25 February 2013 09:24 PM

I find it depends on what country your in. In florida the Diney dining plan is amazing. In Cyprus I wish we didn't bothered. It was the same everynight and we ended up eating out everynight for the more traditional meals.

360ste 25 February 2013 09:24 PM

We booked through Thompson last time and this time as the flight was better even though the times were a bit more of a pain. If you are unsure about hiring a car use the coach transfers and then speak to the rep's. They seem to get a good deal with eurocar (at bottom of the road). This is the way we are doing it this time as for the first 3 days the car sat in the carpark as we chilled. There are two shops on the same road reasonably priced for toys and such. Also a number of shops on the main road for toys, beach towels etc. Any question feel free to message me.

IainMilford 25 February 2013 10:10 PM

one of the best things about being all inc' is that you don't have to worry or think about anything, if you want a drink or snack just go and get it, no worrying about carrying cash on you, you can just totally chill out!

360ste 25 February 2013 10:12 PM

+1

ditchmyster 26 February 2013 07:16 AM

As above depends where your going, i'd do a search on the local area and see whats around, but by the sounds of it your probably better off doing all inc, we are explorers so no use to us, but if you stay in the resort by the pool then got to be worth £500 between 3 over a week or two.

GC8 26 February 2013 07:17 AM

Why is this in 'ScoobyNet General'? It has noting to do with Imprezas and it belongs in NSR.

It isn't that hard, surely?

marshall332bhp 26 February 2013 08:41 AM

All Inclusive everytime. First time I went to Mexico a friend couldn't believe I was paying so much for us to go was only 2.5k for us both. He went to Bulgaria and when he came back he had spent more than me with cost of holiday and spending money. I no where ad rather of went on holiday.

jods 15 March 2013 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gambit (Post 11004811)
Crete - lovely place with loads to see &do

The wife and I are going to the Sensatori all inclusive in Crete near Analipsi.
Any recommendations for things to see and do?

I am really NOT a "Sit on the beach / by the pool" kinda bloke.

I like getting out and about to try local cuisine, boating, visiting gardens, looking at old buildings etc etc.