ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Trader Announcements (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/)
-   -   HARVEY SMITH trick uppipes & ported headers (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/966818-harvey-smith-trick-uppipes-and-ported-headers.html)

AS Performance 24 February 2013 08:21 PM

HARVEY SMITH trick uppipes & ported headers

Cementing a long established association with the various companies previously involved with manufacturing the intensively developed Harvey Performance “trick” up-pipes and ported headers for the Subaru tuning scene, AS Performance has established the exclusive rights to continue their supply.

As a tribute to their creator Harvey Smith, who sadly passed away in late 2012, they will continue to be called the “Harvey” up-pipe

available in std fitment and 2bolt & 3bolt GT Spec style for improved spool and responce

STOP PRESS – HARVEY trick up-pipes manufacture | AS Performance

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1523135&type=3

techdw 25 February 2013 03:05 PM

What price are we looking at for the Headers and Up-Pipe?

I'm looking to replace mine and am searching and reading up on them.

AS Performance 26 February 2013 09:21 AM

trick up-pipes start from £156inc./fully DEI heat wrapped and with 5x new studs and delivered to std UK postcodes

wrapped and ported headers £265inc./wrapped (delivery extra) although we discount them when bought as a "set" with the trick up-pipe........

we currently do on an exchange but we are revieing this as i have had a lot of enquiries from Europe, etc. which makes the "exchange" more difficult - may well have to look into costs of "kits" but this will obviously add to the final bill................

as with most of what we do its probably easier to contact the office for a specific quote/enquiry

AS Performance 24 April 2013 09:00 AM

2 bolt and 3 bolt "GT Spec" fitments also available at £165inc./fully DEI heat wrapped and with 5x new studs and delivered to std UK postcodes

JuergenG 21 May 2013 02:38 PM

Still hoping that there will be "kits"... :/

AS Performance 19 June 2013 08:45 AM

kits are "in hand" and can be offered on an outright purchase basis now at the extra cost of a set of std headers (sourced s/hand)

DantheMan2605 19 June 2013 07:41 PM

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is the benefits of a 'trick' up pipe?

Also if I were to send my headers to be ported and wrapped would I be able to have my own ones back? Waiting time would not be a major factor for me.

JuergenG 19 June 2013 09:54 PM

The trick uppipe improves the spool of the turbo. Harvey himself (RIP) stated an improvement of 350 to 500 rpm by fitting the uppipe. Have a look at this thread to see some dynos and comments.

@Alyn: All parts arrived on monday. That was awesomely quick! Thanks again.

JohnD 20 June 2013 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by DantheMan2605 (Post 11125868)
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is the benefits of a 'trick' up pipe?

Also if I were to send my headers to be ported and wrapped would I be able to have my own ones back? Waiting time would not be a major factor for me.

Basically, the up-pipe has a venturi feeding into a smaller dia. section which speeds up the gas flow into the turbo. It's a very old fluid flow principle but getting the combination of venturi and secondary pipe dia. right, makes it effective. It also has a slip-joint to reduce stress on the system.
I've been using one combined with the GT spec headers.

JohnD

joewrxsti 20 June 2013 10:04 PM

Is there a GB coming up on these any time soon need a trick up pipe for a md321t and Standard ported headers

DantheMan2605 20 June 2013 10:13 PM

Thanks for the explanations :thumb:

Ill invest when im ready then :notworthy

AS Performance 02 January 2014 11:33 AM

happy new year and back in the office from the 6th........

AS Performance 09 January 2014 01:01 PM

updated pricing added due to slight manufacturing/material cost changes and also to streamline the range due to the high volumes involved

std 2bolt fitment "trick" up-pipes are £156inc./fully DEI heat wrapped and with 5x new studs and delivered to std UK postcodes

2 bolt and 3 bolt "GT Spec, RCM, Lateral, etc." type fitments also available at £165inc./fully DEI heat wrapped and with 5x new studs and delivered to std UK postcodes

we are the only manufacturer/supplier of the Harvey Smith trick up-pipes, please be aware of (often more expensive) poor performing copies.........:thumb:

AS Performance 09 January 2014 05:45 PM

and to clarify there is more than one "spec" of trick up-pipe so please give full details of turbo/projected power, etc. so we can match you with the correct fitment

Rbon91 09 January 2014 06:02 PM

Can you convert a rcm twinscroll up pipe to a Harvey one?

AS Performance 09 January 2014 07:36 PM

cant say i have much knowledge of the RCM one?? quite happy to look at any possibilities.......

johnnybon 09 January 2014 07:47 PM

Hi brought a complete set up from Dawn when she was selling some of Harvey's bits it consist of a billet gt30 twisted up and down pipe and gt spec headers my question is the headers and up pipe are only 2 bolt my concern is will these blow as I will be using these on a track car I new at the time of purchase there was two bolt but thought Harvey wouldn't of put these together if they would blow ?.any information would help/put my mind at ease :thumb:

Ben Stearn 10 January 2014 09:03 PM

Hi, I'm gonna be after a up pipe for my 05 wrx at the end of the month. How do I order and what info do you need. It's just the up pipe that I'm after. Also, what else will I need for fitting and can you provide the other parts?

AS Performance 10 January 2014 10:12 PM

easiest is simply call the office with details of your headers and turbo/projected power......

we also stock any/all gaskets required if needs be

Ben Stearn 16 January 2014 08:41 PM

I just wanna say thanks for the great service. I ordered yesterday and got the delivery today. I cant wait to get it fitted. 10/10

AS Performance 19 January 2014 03:36 PM

no problem, happy to have been of help.......

neil-h 24 February 2014 11:16 AM

Other than the improved spool from the Harvey pipe, what's the gains from the kit as a whole (I.e. Ported headers and Harvey pipe)?

JuergenG 24 February 2014 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11362690)
Other than the improved spool from the Harvey pipe, what's the gains from the kit as a whole (I.e. Ported headers and Harvey pipe)?

Have a look at Harvey's website here, which is still online. Feels weird to link there though :(

AS Performance 25 February 2014 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11362690)

just like gas flowing/porting your heads you will see an overall improvement in torque & response from the additional headers and makes the engine ability to achieve boost "easier"

TH3_5T1G 19 April 2014 11:02 AM

These still going?

Thanks in advance

AS Performance 22 April 2014 08:53 AM

yes all available direct from ourselves as the sole manufacturer/distributor..................

TH3_5T1G 22 April 2014 07:30 PM

Looking at a 3 bolt version. Do they come with gaskets? :)

AS Performance 23 April 2014 09:08 AM

no we dont include any gaskets with the up-pipes, but they do come DEI heat wrapped and with 5x new studs...........

we carry all gaskets in stock so easily added if required

simply call the office to order 0191-4103770

daly.88 12 May 2014 03:03 AM

hi how much for 3 bolt uppipe delivered to ireland. Thanks

AS Performance 13 May 2014 08:48 AM

would depend on which Ireland your asking about, if Southern then we would have to check exact costs due to size/weight but simply contact the office and they will sort for you