ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Prince Phillip - who writes this mans material? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/966442-prince-phillip-who-writes-this-mans-material.html)

EddScott 21 February 2013 02:32 PM

Prince Phillip - who writes this mans material?

The man is a Legend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...herts-21519917

Some of his other comments at the bottom of the page are hilarious.

tubbytommy 21 February 2013 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 10999514)
The man is a Legend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...herts-21519917

Some of his other comments at the bottom of the page are hilarious.

He is a comedy german racist

trails 21 February 2013 02:36 PM

He just doesn’t care...and why should he?!

Comedic genius.

dpb 21 February 2013 02:48 PM

Is it Hennick Wehn ?

kingofturds 21 February 2013 02:49 PM

He is about as politically incorrect as you can get.

Orangio 21 February 2013 02:59 PM

He is quality

specialx 21 February 2013 03:10 PM

I think he's great he genuinely doesn't give a f**k, and good on him for it!

He sums up what some of us have been vilified over for years, it's not racism he's just taking the p*ss :thumb:

RA Dunk 21 February 2013 03:36 PM

I'm not into the Royals much but I do quite like him, he's come out with some absolute belters over the years. I bet the Royals PR staff must cringe sometimes when he's being let out in public. :)

stedee 21 February 2013 04:16 PM

brilliant. i dont know which is best ,his comments or the reaction to them. do the press then scour the country trying to find philipinos for their reaction

Blue by You 21 February 2013 04:28 PM

He's a genius - looks people in the eye and says what he thinks. If he gets a response it's game on.
As for this latest 'outrage', "The Philippines must be half empty - you're all here running the NHS,", what's so bad about that?
If this is really what he said, what is so offensive? If we paid our own nurses a better rate then perhaps we wouldn't need the good services of migrant labour. I read it as complementing the Filipino people on their efforts to prop up our flagging NHS. How is this racist or controversial?

And as for the other outrageous comments he has made, the best known are over a twelve year period. Hardly a frequent bo!!ock dropper is he!

trails 21 February 2013 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 10999576)
I'm not into the Royals much but I do quite like him, he's come out with some absolute belters over the years. I bet the Royals PR staff must cringe sometimes when he's being let out in public. :)

I reckon its all contrived to get salty old sods like us on side...Charlie will take over when Philip pops his clogs :lol1:

CrisPDuk 21 February 2013 09:35 PM

The guy is a legend, one of my all time heroes :notworthy

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 10999518)

How do you work that out :wonder:

Have you never wondered why his nickname is 'Phil the Greek' :rolleyes:

Ellie* 21 February 2013 09:55 PM

I love him!!

He's brilliant. He's just saying what most people think, especially his generation who have been around when things were very different. They didnt grow up in 'multi-cultural britain', most of their lives were when britain was Great Britain and you could fly the union jack with pride and all that and the PC brigades weren't even born.

Dirk Diggler 75 21 February 2013 10:06 PM

He could always fill in for Bernard Manning ..............

The Trooper 1815 21 February 2013 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 11000067)
The guy is a legend, one of my all time heroes :notworthy

How do you work that out :wonder:

Have you never wondered why his nickname is 'Phil the Greek' :rolleyes:

Because he is greek but served with valour in WW 2 and earned his medals in the Royal Navy.

CrisPDuk 22 February 2013 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11000262)
Because he is greek but served with valour in WW 2 and earned his medals in the Royal Navy.

:rolleyes:

Read the whole post, muppet ;)

ditchmyster 22 February 2013 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 10999518)

He's Greek, it's his Mrs that's the german.;)

Luton, cosmopolitan.:lol1:

Dave1980 22 February 2013 09:25 AM

Prince Phillip is quality, love the stuff he comes out with. Doesnt beat round the bush he just say it as is.

The Trooper 1815 22 February 2013 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 11000274)

Read the whole post, muppet ;)

Ironic!

alcazar 22 February 2013 11:36 AM

Annoys the hell out of me, BECAUSE he comes out with stuff that would get others crucified, and, because of his age and who he is, he not only gets away with it, but it somehow makes him more lovable.:cuckoo:

Nasty old man that should be taken out of the public eye if he can't behave.:mad:

DYK 22 February 2013 11:39 AM

lmao i bet the pc lot are foaming at the mouth.

Blue by You 22 February 2013 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11000518)
Annoys the hell out of me, BECAUSE he comes out with stuff that would get others crucified, and, because of his age and who he is, he not only gets away with it, but it somehow makes him more lovable.:cuckoo:

Nasty old man that should be taken out of the public eye if he can't behave.:mad:

How many such 'crucifiable' incidents can you recall? And be sure that he what said was quoted verbatim by the press?

trails 22 February 2013 12:13 PM

RA Dunk 22 February 2013 12:29 PM

Aww come on alcazar, he's by far the best out of a bad bunch. I think he's about the only one I would sit and have a drink with TBH.

Rob_Impreza99 22 February 2013 12:51 PM

I'm not a royalist either but Prince Philip makes you proud to be British, he just says it like most of us see things. Keep up the good your work :thumb:

It still cracks me up when someone asked him what he thought Stoke whilst he was on a visit there, he commented along the lines of it being a ghastly place, i think he was far too kind with that one though.

CrisPDuk 22 February 2013 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11000501)
Ironic!

How :wonder:

Leslie 22 February 2013 01:54 PM

He is a pretty sharp cookie especially when it comes to witty replies. I have got a lot of time for him, he always says it like it is.

Les

alcazar 22 February 2013 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 11000723)
He is a pretty sharp cookie especially when it comes to witty replies. I have got a lot of time for him, he always says it like it is.

Les

Yes, Les, Because he CAN.....the can get away with saying stuff the rest of us would be hung out for.

And he's supposed to be an ambassador for this country?

Not in MY name........

How many such 'crucifiable' incidents can you recall? And be sure that he what said was quoted verbatim by the press?
Wasn't it the greasy Greek who referred to the Japs as "Slitty eyed little yellow devils"?

trails 22 February 2013 07:23 PM

Anyone else chuckle at the irony of Jeff complaining about Phil insulting the Japs by calling him a greasy Greek :D

dpb 22 February 2013 07:32 PM

Could had this geezer. !

!