ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   FB Tuning strikes again (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/966036-fb-tuning-strikes-again.html)

darms 17 February 2013 10:25 PM

FB Tuning strikes again

Sometimes you just have to give credit where credit it due.....

My Friday started like most of you Londoners, a great sunny day. I decided to start my MY00 classic and take her to work for good 30mile run.....she'd been sitting on the drive for 3 months looking pretty. Warmed her up as normal and set off with a big grin on my face :D

Twenty minutes into my journey I gently pulled off at a set of lights, dropped her into second gear and put my foot on the gas, when I heard a almighty Bang!...my heart sunk and then came that familiar rattling sound ;( Coasted her to a side road and tried to pop her into gear, she wasn't having any of it....just my luck! :mad:

Immediately called the RAC followed by Rich @ FB Tuning on costings and options for a replacement gearbox. Obviously I'd love to have gone for the 6 speed conversion, however the Mrs has her heart set on a new bathroom (yeah she won this time)

Rich mentioned that he'll start trying to source a STi replacement gearbox which would get me up and running and time to find a 6 speed when it suited me.

Car got collected by the RAC at 12.30pm and was with FB Tuning at 3pm. Rich secured a second hand STi gearbox and matching diff. By 5.50pm on the Friday my old gearbox and diff were out of the vehicle ready to take the donor parts on the Saturday.

Received a call from Rich at 8pm on the Saturday night advising the car was all done and ready for collection. That's fast service!

My trusty Mrs drove me down this morning (yeah Sunday) and my baby was back on the road and home.:D :thumb:

Have to say if you want honest advice, without breaking the bank there's only one person you should call.... Rich at FB Tuning!

Thank you Rich ;)

JonMc 17 February 2013 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by darms (Post 10994698)
Sometimes you just have to give credit where credit it due.....

My Friday started like most of you Londoners, a great sunny day. I decided to start my MY00 classic and take her to work for good 30mile run.....she'd been sitting on the drive for 3 months looking pretty. Warmed her up as normal and set off with a big grin on my face :D

Twenty minutes into my journey I nailed it at a set of lights, dropped her into second gear, dumped the clutch and hit the gas, then I heard a almighty Bang!...my heart sunk and then came that familiar rattling sound ;( Coasted her to a side road and tried to pop her into gear, she wasn't having any of it....just my luck! :mad:

EFA:D

Another FB win. You don't want a 6-speed as it's too heavy, just get a straight cut 5-speed:norty:

darms 17 February 2013 10:33 PM

Lol.........shhhhhhhhhhh ;)

Hope all is well mate...gotta try and pop down at the next meet.

JonMc 17 February 2013 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by darms (Post 10994717)
Lol.........shhhhhhhhhhh ;)

Hope all is well mate...gotta try and pop down at the next meet.

2-weeks mate, might still be in the scenic - mine's in bits again:wonder:

mantazini 17 February 2013 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 10994710)
EFA:D

Another FB win. You don't want a 6-speed as it's too heavy, just get a straight cut 5-speed:norty:

:Whatever_

Unless it's a track focused car straight cut is going to be pain in the arse .... Constantly whining .... 6 speeder does everything you need, but if you'll get one it must be with a dccd ;) ...

JonMc 18 February 2013 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by mantazini (Post 10994781)
:Whatever_

Unless it's a track focused car straight cut is going to be pain in the arse .... Constantly whining .... 6 speeder does everything you need, but if you'll get one it must be with a dccd ;) ...

Gearbox or wife, there's always going to be something in the car whining:D