ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   PayPal dispute (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/965121-paypal-dispute.html)

GazTheHat 09 February 2013 11:32 PM

PayPal dispute

Ordered some items that are incorrect and i'm trying to go through paypal to sort it out, as the seller is being a d!ck.

Unfortunately they have a 45-day limit on the dispute. I lodged the dispute on the 50th day, i didn't receive the items until the 47th day.

What are my chances they'll deal with it? Or will they just throw it out.

GazTheHat 09 February 2013 11:33 PM

Ah crap, seems they've automatically closed the case. That answers my question :(

CrisPDuk 09 February 2013 11:33 PM

They'll not give a sh!t, sorry :(

Boro 09 February 2013 11:35 PM

Not sure on the paypal rules but sounds like the seller waited long enough for you to have a problem.

How come you waited 47 days to receive the goods?

Boro 09 February 2013 11:39 PM

Buy something else from him, say it didnt arrive, get a refund then sell it ;-)

GazTheHat 09 February 2013 11:42 PM

They're custom printed materials. The measurements are wrong basically, so i cannot use them.

They came from the U.S. He said they were posted, weren't. Didn't send the tracking number even after i sent numerous emails chasing. On the last email he did the tracking himself and said they were with customs.

I got the customs notice on day 45 from memory, went to pay it and collect the item 2 days later.

Oldun 10 February 2013 08:15 AM

Custom made items are not usually covered as they are generally not able to be resold.
Unles you can prove that the manufacturer was at fault.
In this case you are out of time and stuffed.

Get them on eBay as rare items, you should get some return on your investment.

scud8 10 February 2013 10:46 AM

How did you fund the payment? If you used a credit card though Paypal you could get them to do a chargeback.

PaulC72 10 February 2013 01:29 PM

contact paypal and explain your case if they have any sense they would look at the case and it's particulars and then open it up again.

The rule should be 45 days from receipt of goods really.

GazTheHat 10 February 2013 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by PaulC72 (Post 10983233)
contact paypal and explain your case if they have any sense they would look at the case and it's particulars and then open it up again.

The rule should be 45 days from receipt of goods really.

Thanks, i'm going to call them and try that.

tubbytommy 10 February 2013 02:18 PM

send him a turd in the post

CrisPDuk 11 February 2013 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by scud8 (Post 10983025)
How did you fund the payment? If you used a credit card though Paypal you could get them to do a chargeback.

Which is why paypal try underhand tactics to prevent you paying with a credit card :nono: